Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 782

JayArr

■A Castlevania game (other than Dawn of Sorrow, which I have and love)
Get Castlevania:Portrait of Ruin Its a fun romp much like DoS - Do not get Order of Ecclessia. This game is hard as balls and will make you want to jump in front of moving traffic to end your frustration.

■Bust a Move 3DS (didn't get the most glowing review here, but I'm sure I'd like it)
Fun but forgettable. You know you will play it for an hour or two and never put it back in your 3DS again. You know it!

■Sonic Colors DS
Tj already touched on this. Fun but short.

■Atari Collection vol. 2 (couldn't find volume one)
See Bust a Move 3D comment.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

kkslider5552000

JayArr wrote:

Do not get Order of Ecclessia. This game is hard as balls

you've never played the NES games have you?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cheetahman91

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JayArr wrote:

Do not get Order of Ecclessia. This game is hard as balls

you've never played the NES games have you?

Amen to that.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Tasuki

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Tasuki Don't play Dawn of Sorrow unless you've played Aria of Sorrow (GBA) first! DoS is a direct sequel and spoils some major plot twists in the first game. Aria is well worth playing btw. Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia are just as good as Dawn of Sorrow, if not better because they improve upon it and remove the awkward touch screen controls. Portrait of Ruin is very light-hearted and humorous. It's unique because you play using 2 characters. The world is quite large thanks to the portraits and some of them are just genius. Order of Ecclesia is great as well and its glyph weapon system is really interesting. It's probably the most polished of the DS Castlevanias. I love all of the DS Castlevanias and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Thanks Holy. Yeah I have played and beat Aria of Sorrow in fact the whole reason I bought the DS when I did was because of Dawn of Sorrow. I really enjoye that game but I missed the other ones. I just wasnt sure if the others were as good as DoS. I will be checking Amazon and some other places here in the next few days.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

reborn

@Waveboy I've played several times Mario Party DS and, in my opinion, I think it's a game you can enjoy playing it alone. It's obvious that multiplayer allows enlarging MP's life, but from my experience I think you'll also find it worthy. It has plenty of modes including some specific puzzles designed to play them individually; so I'd say: Go for it! ;P

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

6ch6ris6

okay guys i am looking for a good dunegon crawler.
-focus on singleplayer
-real time combat
-controlling only one charakter in the game

suggestions?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

reborn

@6ch6ris6 Shiren the wanderer and Izuna (or Izuna 2). They are RTSRPG and in both you control only the main character. Although that's true, you also have to take into consideration that they're in 2d and quite hardcore (they are old school games) ; so maybe you don't enjoy them (it depends on your experience in that type of games). Similar games are Mistery Dungeons (but with Pokémons).

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

Chappertron

when my super mario 64 ds game arrives, i will recommened or un recommened it...

the first option is more likely

3DS friend code: 2234-7255-8999 (Doomtroll)
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2

rolLTheDice

6ch6ris6 wrote:

okay guys i am looking for a good dunegon crawler.
-focus on singleplayer
-real time combat
-controlling only one charakter in the game

Real time combat is kind of hard to get in typical dungeon crawlers i suppose. The only one i have in mind then is Children Of Mana which i remember as a good game.
But if you're after a more open worlded Action-RPG i'd say Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals could be what you like.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

RudysaurusRex

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Legend of Kage 2, Metal Slug 7, and Ecclesia is really easy, that was the first one I finished. The hardest Boss was the crab (3rd boss)

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok not really a game recommendation per say but I was wondering right now I have an Original DS, the main reason I kept this baby around is cause of the GBA slot for games like Aria of Sorrow, Zelda: ALttP, and Final Fantasy I-IV. Anyway I have noticed that a few places have been marking down DS Lites. My question is is there anything on the Original DS that the DS Lite doesnt have that I will miss. I know the obvious is the size but I wanted to know if there were some options or something. If I do get a DS lite I will probably end up trading in the Original DS (yes I know I wont get much) but I wanted to know before I trade it in and regret it later on.

My Backlog

6ch6ris6

Tasuki wrote:

Ok not really a game recommendation per say but I was wondering right now I have an Original DS, the main reason I kept this baby around is cause of the GBA slot for games like Aria of Sorrow, Zelda: ALttP, and Final Fantasy I-IV. Anyway I have noticed that a few places have been marking down DS Lites. My question is is there anything on the Original DS that the DS Lite doesnt have that I will miss. I know the obvious is the size but I wanted to know if there were some options or something. If I do get a DS lite I will probably end up trading in the Original DS (yes I know I wont get much) but I wanted to know before I trade it in and regret it later on.

get yourself an gba sp and a 3DS

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tasuki

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

get yourself an gba sp and a 3DS

I do have a GBA SP which I play my original Gameboy games on and I cant afford a 3DS at this point.

My Backlog

HolyMackerel

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki The DS Lite is exactly the same as the original DS but with brighter screens, multiple brightness settings, a larger stylus with better slot placement, a GBA slot cover and a much longer battery life. You won't miss your old DS.

Oh, if you already have a GBA SP then I'd actually suggest getting a DSi over a DS Lite, unless there's a big price difference between them. The screens are noticeably bigger, the camera software is great and you can get DSiWare on it too.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

noblo601

Dragon Ball Z Origins is a game I always want to pick up but am too scared to buy. I have had very little to do with the show, I am vaguely familiar with the characters (seen about 10 episodes ever), but it is the control scheme and graphical similarities to the DS Zelda games that have my interests piqued.

Is it worth getting if I know very little of the series?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

Portista

@noblo601 I Dunno, but I tried the demo and it seemed a little boring. Is Harvest Moon worth getting? Never tried a HM game.

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

Late

noblo601 wrote:

Dragon Ball Z Origins is a game I always want to pick up but am too scared to buy. I have had very little to do with the show, I am vaguely familiar with the characters (seen about 10 episodes ever), but it is the control scheme and graphical similarities to the DS Zelda games that have my interests piqued.

Is it worth getting if I know very little of the series?

I have tested this once from the beginning and also Demo from Nintendo Channel.
The game tells the story to you so it doesn't matter if you don't know anything about it yet. And story starts from beginning of DB so there's nothing before game's storyline.
Controls were pretty much like in Zelda on DS. And I liked using Kamehameha, it was nicely done
Can't tell more about it, sorry.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Rob_mc_1

@Waveboy DK Jungle climber is ok but not at the inflated price fortunately it has gone down in price (I think it peaked at about $80). I didn't care for the control scheme. you use the L and R buttons to grab pegs with L and R being left and right hand. if you only hold on with one hand you spin or pivot on that hand and you jump/shoot into the direction your head is pointing when you release your L and R. If your okay with strange control schemes then this isn't an issue. It also has that same split screen issue that Yoshi's Island DS has. I bought it because I was collecting collecting a few of the rare discontinued games that I wanted to play.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

Tasuki

HolyMackerel wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki The DS Lite is exactly the same as the original DS but with brighter screens, multiple brightness settings, a larger stylus with better slot placement, a GBA slot cover and a much longer battery life. You won't miss your old DS.

Oh, if you already have a GBA SP then I'd actually suggest getting a DSi over a DS Lite, unless there's a big price difference between them. The screens are noticeably bigger, the camera software is great and you can get DSiWare on it too.

Hmmmm I actually havent thought of that Holy. The only thing I am weary about is how much longer is DSiWare going to be around now that the 3DS is out? And to be honest the camera doesnt interest me it never has heck I dont even use the camera on my cell phone that much but that's another story. There is a big price difference right now I can pick up a DSlite ate Target for $90 which is why I even thought of getting one in the first place. A used DSi still runs 130 in my neck of the woods which may not be a huge difference to be worth it but for me it is.

As for the GBA SP I do have one but for some reason I like the way the GBA games look on the DS more so than the GBA the only reason I have and use the GBA is for Gameboy and Gameboy color games.

Thanks for the suggestion Holy Mackerel.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic