DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Lite has been discontinued

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

21. Posted:

...I don't really think the reason they took out the GBA slot was because of the camera.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Punny

22. Posted:

It's been a long and enjoyable time with you, DS Lite. However, it's time for more technologically advanced systems to take the world by storm the same way you did. It's been nice knowing you. Farewell.

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

23. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

...I don't really think the reason they took out the GBA slot was because of the camera.

Thats what it seemed like the DSi took out the GBA slot and added a camera.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

24. Posted:

Yeah, and DSiWare, and a Home menu, and like lots of other features.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

25. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah, and DSiWare, and a Home menu, and like lots of other features.

Don't forget Cave Story, Dark Void Zero, Shantae and bunch of other games that you couldn't play in the Gameboy slot.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

26. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah, and DSiWare, and a Home menu, and like lots of other features.

Don't forget Cave Story, Dark Void Zero, Shantae and bunch of other games that you couldn't play in the Gameboy slot.

Still I think they should have left the GBA slot it made no sense why they took it out.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

27. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Square-enixFan wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah, and DSiWare, and a Home menu, and like lots of other features.

Don't forget Cave Story, Dark Void Zero, Shantae and bunch of other games that you couldn't play in the Gameboy slot.

Still I think they should have left the GBA slot it made no sense why they took it out.

So they can eventually charge people money for them on the eSHOP.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

28. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Square-enixFan wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah, and DSiWare, and a Home menu, and like lots of other features.

Don't forget Cave Story, Dark Void Zero, Shantae and bunch of other games that you couldn't play in the Gameboy slot.

Still I think they should have left the GBA slot it made no sense why they took it out.

So they can eventually charge people money for them on the eSHOP.

Yeah but the eShop isnt included on the DSi only the 3DS which is why they should have left the GBA slot on the DSi and removed it with the 3DS. At least thats my thought.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

29. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah but the eShop isnt included on the DSi only the 3DS which is why they should have left the GBA slot on the DSi and removed it with the 3DS. At least thats my thought.

In that case people would buy the non discontinued DSi to play their old GBA games instead of buying them again in the eShop!

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

30. Posted:

abgar wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah but the eShop isnt included on the DSi only the 3DS which is why they should have left the GBA slot on the DSi and removed it with the 3DS. At least thats my thought.

In that case people would buy the non discontinued DSi to play their old GBA games instead of buying them again in the eShop!

They can do the same with discontinued DSlites.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SunnySnivy

31. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah its doesnt surprise me with the 3DS out now. I picked up a silver DS lite from Target a few weeks ago for $90 but the other colors will still at the regular price. Well if you have an GBA games that you still enjoy playing better grab a DS lite quick if you dont have a GBA or the Gameboy Player and a Gamecube.

why would anyone who enjoys playing GBA games not have a DS Lite already?

Besides, you can always get one second hand,

And to the people that have a DS Lite, yet still play their GBA games on a GBA SP are pure crazy, unless they do it for nostalgia or because it's the proper handheld....Otherwise, with the GBA SP, you get washed out colors, crappier contrast and blacks. The DS Lite's Screen PQ and Brightness destroy the GBA's. Durp!

I still use my GBA SP because it's so tiny, it's so much more portable and easier to throw in my purse than my lite, it's not that much of a difference but it does count.

Edited on by SunnySnivy

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

32. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

abgar wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah but the eShop isnt included on the DSi only the 3DS which is why they should have left the GBA slot on the DSi and removed it with the 3DS. At least thats my thought.

In that case people would buy the non discontinued DSi to play their old GBA games instead of buying them again in the eShop!

They can do the same with discontinued DSlites.

That's because you don't know of the self destruction chip they implanted on all DSLites!
@sunny: that's the reason i still use my GBMicro, i actually carry it around much more than my DS!

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

33. Posted:

abgar wrote:

@sunny: that's the reason i still use my GBMicro, i actually carry it around much more than my DS!

I only use my GBA:SP 'cause my brother sold my original DS! D: It gives me a cramp when playing MegamanZero for long periods of time!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

34. Posted:

Oh well I guess I just wont get why the took out the GBA slot from the DSi for a camera.

I still have my GBA SP but I only use it really to play original GB games. I also liked the design of the GBA SP.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

35. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Oh well I guess I just wont get why the took out the GBA slot from the DSi for a camera.

I still have my GBA SP but I only use it really to play original GB games. I also liked the design of the GBA SP.

They were just looking at it from a perspective of old vs. new, the GBA tech had been out 8 years at that point with I'm pretty sure no new games for almost 2 years, and the Gameboy name and tech had been around since 89. The DS models didn't play the original GB or GBC games, so it was only functional as a GBA player slot, they were introducing a slew of new futures with the DSi, DSiWare, The Camera, The SD card slot, the home features and etc. I wish they had kept it as well as it would have been an amazing model then, however I say it was very hard to hardwire all that stuff in the unit itself, and left little room for another slot and more work to be done on the system. Also it was just more or less Nintendo finally announcing that the GB series had died off completely now :P

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZeldaDSFanatic

36. Posted:

Although I really want a 3DS, I think that the DS lite was the best.
It was cheapest, and I think that the internet was pretty slow and no one used it a lot.
Most of the games needed points, and that had to be purchased.
I just liked the DS lite again, and I was thinking about buying another. :d

-ZeldaDSFanatic

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LuigiTheGreenFire

37. Posted:

I thought they were still making the DS Lite. Well, it will never be forgotten, It was the iteration of the DS that sold best.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732