Forums

Topic: DS and DSi compatibility

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

FlaccidSnake

Not sure if this has been brought up before, so sorry if it has.
I recently got a new DSi after having to sell my DS lite last year. Two games i want to get again are New smb and mario kart. I was looking on ebay and more than a few sellers are saying that those two games dont work on the DSi. Anyone know anything about this as i cant see why any games wouldnt work on all DS's.

Also are the ds castlevania games any good?

FlaccidSnake

Aviator

That's rubbish. All DS games will work on the DSi. There are certain games however that don't work on a DS, but they are labeled, but with a DSi, that won't trouble you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SuperPeach

I know for a fact that Mario Kart works on a DSi. NSMB probably does too. The only games that shouldn't work are ones that have to use the GBA slot.

And I've never played Castlevania.

Hope that helps.

@Aviator I heard that they were going to do that but I've never seen any games like that, are there any out now?

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

FlaccidSnake

Thats what i thought, it just got me wondering due to the amount of listings which claimed to be ok for everyhting but the DSi. very odd.

FlaccidSnake

theblackdragon

the problem with eBay is that popular games (anything first-party in particular) are often counterfeited, so you must be very careful to make sure you're buying the real thing. If they're saying they don't work on the DSi, chances are those two specific cartridges are counterfeits. the DSi is fully compatible with all genuine DS cartridges, but counterfeits rely on exploits that no longer exist on the DSi in order to run 'properly' (if they run properly at all on a DS anyway, lol).

where are the auctions you looked at coming from? if it's China or Hong Kong, that in conjunction with them saying they won't work on the DSi is a dead give-away.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

FlaccidSnake

I think one of them was from hong kong now you mention it. Sod it i may as well go and buy them both new again, Im quite happy for nintendo to have my money as long as they keep delivering the goods.

FlaccidSnake

theblackdragon

@MariosLoveChild: probably for the best, or at least, try a different place. Amazon.com keeps sellers and buyers regional, so you wouldn't really have to worry about dealing with people from HK there i don't think, and idk what game stores you've got over there in the UK (or which ones sell games online), but they may have some discounts on used copies and the like.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

@SuperPeach I thought there had been a review of a DSi game, but I must have mistaken it for a DSiWare game.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Thats the game. Thanks Des.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.