Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 501 to 520 of 520

Aqueous

@Qwikman_N_Bass - the game seems to keep all the online content, It is now recycling through the old shop weeks and It gives you the game data the moment you make it online, but be forewarned it may take a few tries. Also if you play multiplayer with another person and they have more downloaded quests then you, your copy can pick them up off them, I know this because my brother just played multiplayer with me several times after I updated, so he could just get the quests without waiting for the internet to let him on. Hope I was some help.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Aqueous

@turtlelink - about lv 40's should do it, 45 should be a safe level to attempt to kill him, too bad the extra story and legacy bosses and some map bosses are as hard or stronger

Bassman_Q

@Aqueous- Alright that helps. So all of the content is still available online? And of course they've quit adding new content right?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Aqueous

@Qwikman_N_Bass - should be, I could not get online to after december and all the content I missed was still there and they are done adding new content. However the shop in the inn that you use to get online has it's items change every time you go online and each week has a unique theme, which is a little annoying because some thing are only obtainable through the online shop. It can be accessed offline but to change things you need to go online.

Platypus

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I need some help. I'm at Wight Knight(The first boss in the game, I think) and I'm being destroyed. Is there a way to get more party members this early in the game?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

JohnDoe123

soccer686 wrote:

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I need some help. I'm at Wight Knight(The first boss in the game, I think) and I'm being destroyed. Is there a way to get more party members this early in the game?

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but if you go to the inn in the main city with the castle, you can create and recruit up to three other party members. Just talk to the lady at the counter. The left, I believe.

Also, I might have asked this before, but does anyone have any tips for beating the second to last boss, the dragon one? What should my party's levels be around?

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

sykotek

sykotek wrote:

For the final boss's realm, I would Evac and save after every boss fight. If your party is getting wiped out, you might need to grind for more levels. Before I beat the game and started doing the majority of leveling up in the grottoes, I used to have the standard default party, Minstrel, Martial Artist, Priest, and Mage. What I would do that worked with all bosses would be to use "Gritty Ditty" for the first and second round, "Accelerate" for the first and second round, "Multiheal" when needed, "Hustle Dance" when needed (final Fan ability, multi-healing) and Attack at all other times. He'll probably use "Disruptive Wave" a few times, just remember to rebuff your characters and you should be fine. If a character dies, use a Yggdrasil Leaf instead of "Zing." Try that, you don't need the exact party, many vocations have same or similar skills. If you still get wiped out, it just means you need to level up your characters more or buy/alchemize better equipment. Good luck.

@EmpireIndustries: That should help you out. Truthfully, I know I've come up with better tactics as I've taken down all available Legacy bosses, but I just can't remember exactly what to do at this point since I've not played for the past year. Coincidentally, I just started playing this game again recently and saw your post. I'm truthfully having a bit of trouble remembering exactly where I left off and what I should be doing next. I left a lot of good information in this thread actually, but going back and reading some of it...I'm sort of shocked with the amount of detail I went into certain things. Having left the game alone for a year, some of my posts seem like I'm speaking a different language.

@soccer686: Go to the Inn in Stornway, find Patty (I think that's her name) and recruit some people for your party. If I remember correctly, you'll want to grind a few levels for safety, but you should be able to take out Wight Knight without any problems afterwards. I'd confirm if I decided to restart my quest, but it's pretty unlikely to be honest since I'd lose my upgraded Inn...or if I can find a copy for cheap.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Platypus

Alright I got it. No wonder I couldn't figure it out, most RPGs have you meet characters during your quest.
EDIT: Should I switch party members every once in a while or stick with the ones I have?

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

JohnDoe123

@soccer686 There is a place later on that allows you to change your characters vocation. So I would advise against changing characters.

@sykotek Thanks, I haven't played DQIX in a long time either, I gave up when I got stuck at that boss. I'm not sure when I'll be motivated to play again since it has been so long, but I'm so close I'd really like to beat the game.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

Electricmastro

Might as well put this here:

Dragon Quest - All Overture Themes

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Geonjaha

soccer686 wrote:

Alright I got it. No wonder I couldn't figure it out, most RPGs have you meet characters during your quest.EDIT: Should I switch party members every once in a while or stick with the ones I have?

Probably stick with the same ones. I used the same 3 party members all game. You can always change their class if you need to later in the game.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CanisWolfred

I just finished the Academy part and got my seventh fygg. I wanna do some of these weapon quests as well as finish off a few I got hanging around. But does anyone know about how far into the game I am? I've been playing this for over 50 hours now and I'm really running outta steam...

soccer686 wrote:

Alright I got it. No wonder I couldn't figure it out, most RPGs have you meet characters during your quest.EDIT: Should I switch party members every once in a while or stick with the ones I have?

[/div]

...how did you make it that far without knowing that? That dungeon was tedious and difficult even with party members.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Birdman

Mickeymac wrote:

I just finished the Academy part and got my seventh fygg. I wanna do some of these weapon quests as well as finish off a few I got hanging around. But does anyone know about how far into the game I am? I've been playing this for over 50 hours now and I'm really running outta steam...

After digging out my OST and guestimating based on number of dungeons with major boss battles left, I'd say you're about 2/3 of the way through the game. In terms of JRPG conventions, everything after the Fyggs is where the plot really starts accelerating, with the evil forces revealing their true strength and all that. At least that's where I think you'd be at; it's been nearly a year and a half since I last touched this one...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

petitgamer

I lost mine but I got 100%

3ds FC is 1934-1168-4523
fyi lucas is better than ness in any way shape or form.That is a coldhard fact.

Aqueous

@petitgamer - You put 1000 hours in single and another 1000 in multi on top of everything else?!

petitgamer

@Aqueous - YES do you doubt me?

Edited on by petitgamer

3ds FC is 1934-1168-4523

Aqueous

@petitgamer - No, but that must have taken up a huge chunk of your time.

petitgamer

@aquaous - It did but it was worth it

3ds FC is 1934-1168-4523

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.