Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 481 to 500 of 520

turtlelink

I got Dragon Armour, Sword, and shield. Looks cool with my celestial boots and stockings.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Redhawk

I'm just wondering, should I give the shield scroll (the carrier always blocks critical hits) to my martial artist, sage, paladin, or gladiator?

Redhawk

Birdman

@Redhawk - Assuming you're omnivocationalized shields for your Martial Artist and Gladiator, I'd go with your sage. Don't want him/her to die from a cheap shot at the wrong moment.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

HandheldGuru97

I finally bet this game yesterday! I though the ending was decent, now of to get that whistle!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

turtlelink

Square-enixFan wrote:

I finally bet this game yesterday! I though the ending was decent, now of to get that whistle!

Today I beat that dragon to get the gold bow (it was a pretty epic battle that I almost lost) so I'm almost done too!

TurtleLink's backloggery

RoyalBlur

I'm planning on buying DQ IX later this month when I go to buy an itunes card from GameStop.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Aqueous

Does this sound like a rare map to anyone, monsters on all floors but floor 11, just a chest that could be a mimic, wistle all you want nothing shows up. Do you think I managed to get a legendary map...?

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Birdman

Aqueous wrote:

Does this sound like a rare map to anyone, monsters on all floors but floor 11, just a chest that could be a mimic, wistle all you want nothing shows up. Do you think I managed to get a legendary map...?

It's been a while since I played DQ9, but I'm pretty sure a Legendary map is just a one-floor boss battle with the map's namesake boss (i.e. Dragonlord's Map). I'm sure you just got a rare, non-game breaking buggy map.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Aqueous

@Birdman13 - I asked on an different thread and found out that it is an uncommon possibilty for maps to come out with an "empty" floor. By dragonlord's map you must mean legacy, legendary is like a floor of all metal king slime.

Birdman

Aqueous wrote:

@Birdman13 - I asked on an different thread and found out that it is an uncommon possibilty for maps to come out with an "empty" floor. By dragonlord's map you must mean legacy, legendary is like a floor of all metal king slime.

Like I said, it's been a while since I've played DQ9. At least you got your answer.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Aqueous

@Birdman13 - I did, a bit disappointing but I'll live and hope for a rarer one

How good are your characters?

Birdman

Aqueous wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I haven't completely omnivocaltionalized everything for each one. And if they're not at Level 99, it's because I reset them. They're a male Armamentalist, Female Sage, Female Warrior and Male Sage.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Aqueous

Birdman13 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I haven't completely omnivocaltionalized everything for each one. And if they're not at Level 99, it's because I reset them. They're a male Armamentalist, Female Sage, Female Warrior and Male Sage.

I have a lv 99 sage (myself), lv 78 presist, lv 77 mage, lv 58 warrior, lv 99 gladator, lv 99 ranger, lv 99 armamentalist and a lv 99 theif and growing every now and then and thoses are just the classes they normally are.

turtlelink

I believe I'm heading to the last boss. This place looks super evil. But I just hope I can beat it today, haha.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

turtlelink wrote:

I believe I'm heading to the last boss. This place looks super evil. But I just hope I can beat it today, haha.

SPOILER ALERT Are you facing Corvus? It's actually a 3-part boss fight, but the cool thing about it is that you can leave the area, heal, level grind, etc. after any of the boss fights. You may want to use that to your advantage. END SPOILERS

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Bassman_Q

Okay, so I've been really wanting to get this game for awhile, but never got a chance to. Now, it seems that one of the positive factors to this game is its online capabilities. If I were to buy this brand new now (about a year after its release), would I be able to enjoy all of its online extras just as if I had bought it when it first came out, or has there been a decline in the amount of online content just like almost every other online-related game? I'm just making sure that if I buy it so long after its initial release, I can still fully enjoy all of its benefits.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

turtlelink

Birdman13 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

SPOILER ALERT Are you facing Corvus? It's actually a 3-part boss fight, but the cool thing about it is that you can leave the area, heal, level grind, etc. after any of the boss fights. You may want to use that to your advantage. END SPOILERS

Yea, I'm fighting Corvus. Barely beat the dragon too. Guess I'm going to have to do some serious grinding if I want to beat him. Is there a place where I can buy Sage Elixer and/or Special Medicine herbs?

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

turtlelink wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Yea, I'm fighting Corvus. Barely beat the dragon too. Guess I'm going to have to do some serious grinding if I want to beat him. Is there a place where I can buy Sage Elixer and/or Special Medicine herbs?

Not that I know of off of the top of my head. A tip for the 2nd bout w/ Corvus: Eventually he'll start rehealing 500 HP every few turns. After he does that, use your strongest defense possible, as he'll then use an ultra-strong physical attack the next turn. Hope that helps!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

turtlelink

Thanks for the help. Now I know I need to beware of that and now I know I have to do some more grinding.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

Ok, I just dug out my OST for DQ9, and here are some of the highlights about beating Corvus's second form:

1. He puts members of your party to sleep/paralyzes them frequently, so be prepared for those.
2. He casts Disruptive Wave often (even if you have no buffs), so buffing up your characters is fairly useless.
3. Have a Priest or Sage cast Multiheal just about every round, even if you feel you may be partially wasting it.
4. The OST recommends not using Multiheal after Corvus restores his HP unless they're above 190 HP
5. Have other characters restore your healer's MP, not have them restore their own.

That's about all the OST has in it. Good luck!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.