Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 361 to 380 of 520

RandomApple7

sykotek:Thanks for awnsering atleast i know that the ultramarine gloves arnt useless.

RandomApple7

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

This is what the manual says about deftness in extremely tiny writing (I should buy a magnifying glass to read these DS manuals):

Governs a character's ability to make preemptive strikes, perform critical attacks, and flee from battle.

As for my party, my main character is a level 75 minstrel who has revocated twice. The rest of the party consists of a level 54 warrior, level 57 martial artist, and a level 77 warrior. All have 100 points in every trade's characteristic skill (warrior's courage, priest's faith, mage's spellcraft, martial artist's focus, etc.). Every character is also a level 99 gladiator in case I need to administer a serious smackdown.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

RandomApple7

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

This is what the manual says about deftness in extremely tiny writing (I should buy a magnifying glass to read these DS manuals):

Governs a character's ability to make preemptive strikes, perform critical attacks, and flee from battle.

As for my party, my main character is a level 75 minstrel who has revocated twice. The rest of the party consists of a level 54 warrior, level 57 martial artist, and a level 77 warrior. All have 100 points in every trade's characteristic skill (warrior's courage, priest's faith, mage's spellcraft, martial artist's focus, etc.). Every character is also a level 99 gladiator in case I need to administer a serious smackdown.

WOW thats alot better than my party.

RandomApple7

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Just keep playing. You'll get there. This game has more bang for the buck than anything I've ever played before. I can hardly wait for Dragon Quest X for the Wii (no clue when it's coming out...2011, hopefully).

RandomApple7

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Just keep playing. You'll get there. This game has more bang for the buck than anything I've ever played before. I can hardly wait for Dragon Quest X for the Wii (no clue when it's coming out...2011, hopefully).

Well atleast i now know that there IS going to be a dragon quest X thanks.

RandomApple7

turtlelink

Zaphod+Beeblebrox wrote:

It would be cool if when they did make it, they should keep some multiplayer questing.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Oregano

DQX will most likely be a single player character/story focused entry more like VIII(or hopefully more like V). DQXI will mostly like be a 3DS game though and also most likely be multiplayer.... and possibly online too.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Oregano wrote:

DQXI will mostly like be a 3DS game though and also most likely be multiplayer.... and possibly online too.

And if it is, it will finally support WPA wireless encryption. That is the main reason I care at all about the 3DS. I can live without 3D. But I cannot go on living much longer without WPA.

RandomApple7

Will it support WPA? i hope so.

RandomApple7

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Yes, if it's a full-blown 3DS game. It really only needs to be a DSi game to have WPA support. It's only DS games which are stuck with WEP regardless of the model they run on.

I apologize for whining so much about WPA. I will say no more on the subject.

RandomApple7

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes, if it's a full-blown 3DS game. It really only needs to be a DSi game to have WPA support. It's only DS games which are stuck with WEP regardless of the model they run on.

I apologize for whining so much about WPA. I will say no more on the subject.

I dont know if anyone else did but i wasnt bothered,to be honest WPA keys annoyed the heck outta me.

RandomApple7

turtlelink

Anyone try the canvas for guest thing? I wish my community had a few more gamers. Well, I know most kids who have a DS have this game.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

@turtlelink - I have, at a couple DQIX events, but that's it. Basically it sends your main character to another person's Quester's Rest, and you can send along with him/her one of your beaten treasure maps. If you get enough canvassed guests, you unlock other areas of your hotel, which contain a couple chests, a couple red treasure chests (I forget what's in them, it's been over two months since the epic fail that was the Simon Malls Orland Park event), and a few alchemy recipies. Additionally, if you get 30 or more guests, an item spawn point in the basement of the Inn opens up, giving out low value alchemy items and rarely a Mini Medal. In addition, the guests you obtain over DQVC will hand out an extra item in addition to the one they automatically give you. It's nothing major, but a nice little side activity you can do if you know enough people.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

turtlelink

Oh I didn't know the guests will give you an EXTRA item! Guess i'll go back later and claim my prize!
Also, do you guys know if you can reset your hero as in wipe out all of your experience and skill points? That would be cool if you can.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

@turtlelink - Just remember, I believe you need 30 guests canvassed before that happens. Good Luck with that. Also, once you reach level 99 you can go back and see Abbot Jack and he'll revocate you back to level 1. Only the experience (and stats) are wiped, however, so you keep your skill points from your previous vacations. Also, for revocating you get a pretty nice acessory that makes it worth revocating in each vocation once (or multiple times if, say, you wanted extra Sage medals to buff out your Martial Artist's MP). One more thing: Unlike other RPGs or at least Pokémon, once you max out your level your character(s) at Lv. 99 they still earn EXP that goes nowhere, so it's best to leave several maxed out characters back at the Inn unless they're very helpful like a Spear Paladin or Axe Sage.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

turtlelink

Oh thats sweet. I like how they give you that option so you can pretty much replay the whole game (minus Story bits.)!

TurtleLink's backloggery

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Birdman13 wrote:

(or multiple times if, say, you wanted extra Sage medals to buff out your Martial Artist's MP).

I think you get only one revocation medal for each trade. And even if you could get more than one, how would a character equip more than one ("to buff out your Martial Artist's MP")?

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Birdman

@Zaphod - The Martial Artist gets very poor MP, so if you had multiple Martial Artists, multiple Sage medals (which give the wearer an extra 60 MP) equipped to multiple Martial Artists would be amazing for a non-boss fighting team.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

OK, but there is only one medal per trade per party. You can't have two sage medals, unfortunately. Just like you can't have more than one of each weapon or trade scroll. I'd love to have four "Clear Spear Theory" and "Secrets of the Shield" scrolls. Alas, it is not to be.

sykotek

Multiple Secrets of the Shield scrolls would be ultra useful for a party since they make whichever character equipping it immune to Critical Hits. That said, 4 players with Secrets of the Shield scrolls on them vs Legacy bosses = win, I think.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.