Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 281 to 300 of 520

xAlias

Oh, yeah! Forgot about that.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

turtlelink

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

. Also, don't forget the special characters for the inn that are from the old DQ games.

I never knew about that! Too bad i'm not far into the game in which you can use the wi-fi abilities.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

sykotek

Sorry, got more absorbed into grinding in the game than I thought I would be, even neglected playing Reach! Its been a few days since I said I'd post what I got.

Untitled

I've just completed all the regular quests except for two, one where I have to find Metal Slime Boots and the other where I need to fight Bling Badgers. Having that map I got from the rep at the event with the Metal King Slime floor has really helped me grind though levels quickly.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

RoyalBlur

sykotek wrote:

Sorry, got more absorbed into grinding in the game than I thought I would be, even neglected playing Reach! Its been a few days since I said I'd post what I got.

Untitled

I've just completed all the regular quests except for two, one where I have to find Metal Slime Boots and the other where I need to fight Bling Badgers. Having that map I got from the rep at the event with the Metal King Slime floor has really helped me grind though levels quickly.

Dragon Quest XI is the best game since The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass dawned on the Nintendo DS.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

pikku

TokyoRed wrote:

sykotek wrote:

Untitled

Dragon Quest XI is the best game since The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass dawned on the Nintendo DS.

when did DQXI come out?!?!?!?!

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

turtlelink

pikmaniac02 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

sykotek wrote:

Untitled

Tell me, how many years.... HOW MANY YEARS!!!!!

TurtleLink's backloggery

RoyalBlur

turtlelink wrote:

pikmaniac02 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

sykotek wrote:

Untitled

Tell me, how many years.... HOW MANY YEARS!!!!!

LOL. So sorry. I mean Dragon Quest XI.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

TokyoRed wrote:

LOL. So sorry. I mean Dragon Quest XI.

You did it again!

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

turtlelink

You mean IX!
I wish i was far into the game where i get that online shop for quests and such. Also, what vocation uses boomerangs?

TurtleLink's backloggery

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

turtlelink wrote:

what vocation uses boomerangs?

Luminary, ranger, or sage.

Birdman

@turtlelink - Don't use your early sage levels for maxing out boomerang stats, unless you have absolutely no desire whatsoever for that character to do anything related to magic. Sages are godly for magic, and wasting early levels on a magic-based character is beyond stupid.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

turtlelink

I think i will make another character be a sage. I don't plan on changing Vocations till i max out some things with the minstrel. Also i was wondering when you would use boomerangs because i bought it and it didn't say anything about which vocation you would use it for.

TurtleLink's backloggery

MERG

Help...I am at Gottingham Palace and trying to get past Goresby-Purrvis and failing miserably. Do I need to be at a certain level before taking him on or be using something special against him?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

MERG wrote:

I am at Gottingham Palace and trying to get past Goresby-Purrvis and failing miserably.

You're going to need to be able to heal a lot. If you've got your healing character on automatic ("focus on healing"), I recommend switching it to "follow orders" so you can heal more proactively. The first time I fought him I managed to survive but only one member of the party was still alive! Lucky break.

MERG

Zaphod...what level were you at when you battled him?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

MERG wrote:

what level were you at when you battled him?

I really can't remember. If I made a guess I could be way off and it would be misleading. But my general approach to each boss was to level-grind on the toughest monsters I could find. Once leveling started slowing down, I'd take on the boss. I wasn't in any hurry to finish the story so this strategy worked fine for me.

Birdman

It helps to have a priest over level 38, 'cuz they learn Multiheal at that point, which is godly. Later tonight I'll pull out my OST and try to give you tips, as I have to go to a Mathlete competition right now.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Birdman

@Zaphod - Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Life happened and I forgot whenever I had the chance. Anyway, if you still haven't beat Purrvis yet, my OST does say to each character's health topped off with Multiheal, have a few Yggdragsil leaves handy on each character, and basically to keep all your characters alive (I know, it's a shocker). If you've got the time, you may want to consider leveling up a character to be a sage. They get Multiheal faster than priests, as well as Moreheal, and Kabuff, which is totally awesome for this fight, all before level 35. If you have the time at level 45 they learn Kazing, perhaps the best healing spell in the game.

I might as well give you tips for the next boss. Conserve MP during the first part of the fight and wail on him with melee attacks. The second part, however, plays a lots like Goresby-Purrvis, but worse. He uses Disruptive Wave a lot, so buffing is practically useless. Keep up the healing and hope you suceed.

After those battles, you'll have another dungeon to run through. Despite a boss fight at the end of the dungeon, it has a pre-determined outcome, so don't worry about conserving anything. Good luck.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Raylax

Hmm. Dunno what to do with my fourth character. Any suggestions? And any suggestions for good ways forward on the rest of my team? I'm currently running:

Luminaire with Whip (planning to Omni him in a single-target weapon for boss fights, possibly an axe 'cos I've never tried them)
Martial Artist with Claws and Shield (haha she's kinda broken, also trained in every vocation skill that gives strength boosts. Probably the most "complete" character, stuff doesn't tend to live very long when she's around)
Sage with wand (she's maxxed in Mage, Priest and Sage skill trees, and everything bar Omni in Wand skill. Any suggestions what I should put my spare mass of SP in?)
The Other Guy with sword (but not Omni sword yet, and flickers between a multitude of vocations. Currently just use him as Armamentalist in boss fights because he knows Oomph)

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.