DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Showing 161 to 180 of 541

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

161. Posted:

Retronaut wrote:

As far as I can tell, the two hits from Falcon Blade and Uber Falcon Blade strikes don't combo off each other. In fact, I don't think that hits done with a Falcon Blade combo at all. That is, the next person to attack doesn't get the 1.2x bonus either.

Though, I might be wrong about this.

You are correct. Multiple hits from the same person do not combo off each other; they only count as one hit.

The only use I found for a multiple hit weapon and/or ability is that they are quite useful against the metal slimes

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

162. Posted:

I was never a HUGE rpg fan, but I think I have become more patient over the past years. After playing Pokemon Soul Silver and M&L: Bowser's Inside Story, and I just think that DQIX looks beyond epic. Guess I am just looking for games to keep me busy for a while, so that I don't buy every little game that comes out. Is this a good starting point for newcomers? Some reviews I have watched/read, seem to say that it is.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

Birdman

163. Posted:

@Retronaut and lz - I actually found a falcon blade and you're both right. I may actually have to finish that quest to unlock the Armamentalist vocation now.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Retronaut

164. Posted:

@suburban_sensei If you enjoy Pokemon, I think that Dragon Quest would be a good next step into the RPG genre. Dragon Quest is actually the series that inspired the Pokemon franchise in the first place (specifically DQ V), so there are a lot of similarities between the two series. I would say that, as far as RPGs go, Dragon Quest strikes a good balance between satisfying long-time fans of the series and being accessible to newcomers.

Retronaut

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

165. Posted:

Thanks for the info, Retronaut. I ended up picking DQ9 up last night...and all I can say is "wow", it is really great. You are right, it feels a little more fleshed out then something like Pokemon, but nothing too daunting. I love the customization, and the music is totally top-notch. I enjoyed it so much, that in one sitting last night, I got to the Wight Knight (need to grind a bit though, don't seem strong enough to take him down.)

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

166. Posted:

Where do I get enchanted stones? I looked it up in the Dragon Quest Wiki but there's no location or monster listed where you find it...

Ok I found out that I have to use alchemy to get an enchanted stone but I don't have a single of the inrgedients :(

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

Birdman

167. Posted:

suburban_sensei wrote:

Thanks for the info, Retronaut. I ended up picking DQ9 up last night...and all I can say is "wow", it is really great. You are right, it feels a little more fleshed out then something like Pokemon, but nothing too daunting. I love the customization, and the music is totally top-notch. I enjoyed it so much, that in one sitting last night, I got to the Wight Knight (need to grind a bit though, don't seem strong enough to take him down.)

Do you have a full party? I lost to him twice, then I recruited a priest, warrior and mage to help me, and it was easy once they were around level 7 or so.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

pikku

168. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

__Suburban_Sensei wrote:

Do you have a full party? I lost to him twice, then I recruited a priest, warrior and mage to help me, and it was easy once they were around level 7 or so.

this reminds me of a certain nintendo week episode.....hmmmmm....

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

169. Posted:

Meh, I don't rely like RPGs , Unless you can controll the monsters...

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

pikku

170. Posted:

pogocoop wrote:

Meh, I don't rely like RPGs , Unless you can controll the monsters...

get Dragon Quest V then....

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

iAlias

171. Posted:

Or Dragon Quest Wars for the DsiWare Service, only for 8 bucks. That comes loaded with download play, pass-the-DS multiplayer, and Stranger and FC Wi-Fi. Of course, you can still play against the computer.

iAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

AuthorMessage

Birdman

172. Posted:

labrat7 wrote:

Or Dragon Quest Wars for the DsiWare Service, only for 8 bucks. That comes loaded with download play, pass-the-DS multiplayer, and Stranger and FC Wi-Fi. Of course, you can still play against the computer.

It's only $5, not 8.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

iAlias

173. Posted:

Oh, pardon my mistake. :)

iAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

174. Posted:

Did anyone go to the Dragon Quest download event at Best Buy today? I went and it went a lot better than the GameStop event last week. There were quite a few Best Buy locations that were hosting the event in my area so it was pretty easy for me to find a participating store. The bad thing is that the store I went to was deserted and there wasn't anyone attending the event so I only got to canvass 2 guests. The good thing about it was that I got some cool Dragon Quest stickers and a Party Slime shirt. I'm just really happy that I got my map. The Nintendo Rep said that the next event is supposed to be held at Toys "R" Us so keep an eye out for that.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

175. Posted:

@Wolf: I went to the one here and it was awesome! I got 13 canvassed guests and helped a kid thru a dungeon (though I died twice).

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

176. Posted:

@lz2010: I probably should have went to a different store because the Nintendo Rep told me that one of the other locations had like 35 people waiting for the event. I was only the fourth person to show up at the store I went to. Best Buy is supposed to hold another event later on but I'm not sure when. I'm hoping that I can canvass some more people soon because my inn is looking pretty lonely right now.:(

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

177. Posted:

Really? I got 13 people at the event here. It was funny because we kept moving around the store meeting people without the rep :D

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Birdman

178. Posted:

I went to my local Best Buy, and there were about 12 people there chatting with the rep. Of course, I had to wait around for a little while so I could claim my t-shirt (our store didn't have enough), but I still got 12 canvassed guests, which is infinitely better than I did canvassing at 4 airports, Disneyland and Disneyland Californa Adventure combined. One of them (supposedly) gave me a map with a bunch of Metal King Slimes, so that should be nice. It was fun, and in 8 days when the Simon Mall tour comes near my town I'll be there.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Retronaut

179. Posted:

I stopped in by the Best Buy event today for a few minutes, but I couldn't stay long because I had a family event to go to. There were only two other people there, and the guy said that there had only been five people total for the first hour and a half.

Also, they had a whole box of T-shirts, but when I asked if I could have one, the guy told me that they were for people who bought the game today. Now, it seemed like he had enough that he could have given me one, especially if there had only been a few people there all day, but I didn't have time to argue. I got the event map, and a high-level grotto from another player, but then I had to run. I haven't had a chance to check out the grotto yet, but I'm hoping there's some good stuff in there.

Between the GameStop event and the Best Buy event, that brings my total to 17 guests. Has anyone here had ANY luck canvassing anywhere besides these events? I've been taking my game with me in Tag Mode all sorts of places for the last two weeks, and I've had a total of zero non-event Tags.

Edited on by Retronaut

Retronaut

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

180. Posted:

Same on the zero tags. Its getting frustrating and I am all over the place.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech