Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 141 to 160 of 520

Birdman

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

The thing is, I have a little verizon wireless mifi thing, the only button/ switch on it is the power button. I'm thinking of buying a usb wifi thing this weekend.

lol. I'd love to see the downloadable quests, even though there is about 100-200 already in the game. So much replay value.
And again, I think I'm almost finished with the main story. Recommend levels for the last boss?

I bought an OST for the game, and it reccomends you start the palace at level 38, mostly because your priest learns multiheal then. However, after you're (finally) facing the final boss (whose name is similar to one of our moderators on this forum), you'll probably be in the mid-40's by then.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

xAlias

Yeah, you'll wanna be leveled up for the boss. I'd say that, if you can, go the extra mile and battle some Metal King Slimes to rise to at least level 50. It'll be a piece of cake if you are that powerful.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

mastersworddude

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

The thing is, I have a little verizon wireless mifi thing, the only button/ switch on it is the power button. I'm thinking of buying a usb wifi thing this weekend.

lol. I'd love to see the downloadable quests, even though there is about 100-200 already in the game. So much replay value.
And again, I think I'm almost finished with the main story. Recommend levels for the last boss?

Level 45+ and Multiheal and its pretty easy. (Using a Falcon or Uber Falcon Blade is good too.)

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Birdman

@labrat - I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure you can't find MKS's at that point in the game. Liquid Metal Slime's, yes, but I don't think KMS's.

@mastersworddude - Do the two strikes by those weapons combo off of each other? Unfortunately my OST isn't that in-depth on those weapons.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

xAlias

Still, you want to level up.

xAlias

sonic_brawler95

Thanks, I have some work to do then, I'm at Upover btw.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

mastersworddude

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

Thanks, I have some work to do then, I'm at Upover btw.

You still have a bit left till the FB. (spoilers*Like 2 dungeons left.*spoilers)

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Retronaut

As far as I can tell, the two hits from Falcon Blade and Uber Falcon Blade strikes don't combo off each other. In fact, I don't think that hits done with a Falcon Blade combo at all. That is, the next person to attack doesn't get the 1.2x bonus either.

Though, I might be wrong about this.

Retronaut

LzWinky

Retronaut wrote:

As far as I can tell, the two hits from Falcon Blade and Uber Falcon Blade strikes don't combo off each other. In fact, I don't think that hits done with a Falcon Blade combo at all. That is, the next person to attack doesn't get the 1.2x bonus either.

Though, I might be wrong about this.

You are correct. Multiple hits from the same person do not combo off each other; they only count as one hit.

The only use I found for a multiple hit weapon and/or ability is that they are quite useful against the metal slimes

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

suburban_sensei

I was never a HUGE rpg fan, but I think I have become more patient over the past years. After playing Pokemon Soul Silver and M&L: Bowser's Inside Story, and I just think that DQIX looks beyond epic. Guess I am just looking for games to keep me busy for a while, so that I don't buy every little game that comes out. Is this a good starting point for newcomers? Some reviews I have watched/read, seem to say that it is.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Birdman

@Retronaut and lz - I actually found a falcon blade and you're both right. I may actually have to finish that quest to unlock the Armamentalist vocation now.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Retronaut

@suburban_sensei If you enjoy Pokemon, I think that Dragon Quest would be a good next step into the RPG genre. Dragon Quest is actually the series that inspired the Pokemon franchise in the first place (specifically DQ V), so there are a lot of similarities between the two series. I would say that, as far as RPGs go, Dragon Quest strikes a good balance between satisfying long-time fans of the series and being accessible to newcomers.

Retronaut

suburban_sensei

Thanks for the info, Retronaut. I ended up picking DQ9 up last night...and all I can say is "wow", it is really great. You are right, it feels a little more fleshed out then something like Pokemon, but nothing too daunting. I love the customization, and the music is totally top-notch. I enjoyed it so much, that in one sitting last night, I got to the Wight Knight (need to grind a bit though, don't seem strong enough to take him down.)

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Birdman

suburban_sensei wrote:

Thanks for the info, Retronaut. I ended up picking DQ9 up last night...and all I can say is "wow", it is really great. You are right, it feels a little more fleshed out then something like Pokemon, but nothing too daunting. I love the customization, and the music is totally top-notch. I enjoyed it so much, that in one sitting last night, I got to the Wight Knight (need to grind a bit though, don't seem strong enough to take him down.)

Do you have a full party? I lost to him twice, then I recruited a priest, warrior and mage to help me, and it was easy once they were around level 7 or so.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

pikku

Birdman13 wrote:

__Suburban_Sensei wrote:

Do you have a full party? I lost to him twice, then I recruited a priest, warrior and mage to help me, and it was easy once they were around level 7 or so.

this reminds me of a certain nintendo week episode.....hmmmmm....

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Pogocoop

Meh, I don't rely like RPGs , Unless you can controll the monsters...

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

pikku

pogocoop wrote:

Meh, I don't rely like RPGs , Unless you can controll the monsters...

get Dragon Quest V then....

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

xAlias

Or Dragon Quest Wars for the DsiWare Service, only for 8 bucks. That comes loaded with download play, pass-the-DS multiplayer, and Stranger and FC Wi-Fi. Of course, you can still play against the computer.

xAlias

Birdman

labrat7 wrote:

Or Dragon Quest Wars for the DsiWare Service, only for 8 bucks. That comes loaded with download play, pass-the-DS multiplayer, and Stranger and FC Wi-Fi. Of course, you can still play against the computer.

It's only $5, not 8.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

xAlias

Oh, pardon my mistake.

xAlias

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.