Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 101 to 120 of 520

hulklol123456789

I want these NOW!!!!!! IT looks so but so AWESOME!!!!! and you can mode diagonaly OMG!!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Raylax

I'm hooked on this game. I normally really don't care for RPGs, but this has me somehow. Despite being really, really RPGish. It has to be some kind of psychic witchcraft, Squeenix has possessed me D:

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

noname875

Raylax wrote:

Squeenix has possessed me D:

We... i mean they wouldn't do something like that.
(Actually, i think Nintendo published it in America.)

noname875

hulklol123456789

It is the MAGIC of dragon quest IX!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Birdman

@Roopa132 - The short answer is everywhere. Whereever you see a bookshelf, examine it and you'll probably find anywhere from 3-10 recipies in it. You can use alchemy to make either cheaper or better weapons and equipment. Pretty soon in your game they'll start selling strong medicines and stuff like that. The only problem is it's way more expensive than a few medicinal herbs. So, ultimately alchemy can be helpful if you're willing to put some time into finding the items and alchemising them in Stornway, but it can be ignored pretty easily.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

CinnamonRobin

I've been thinking of getting Dragon Quest IX but I have one concern. The only other 'proper' RPG I've played at
any real length is Golden Sun, and even though I love less serious RPGs like Pokémon and the Mario RPGs I'm obviously a little new to the genre. Is Dragon Quest IX a good place to start? 

Also, are there any off-putting difficulty spikes or overly hard battles? I had problems with some bosses in Golden Sun, one of which I never managed to beat and made me eventually give up on playing it. I don't want to buy Dragon Quest only to have that happen again!

CinnamonRobin

Spoony_Tech

@ NFreak007 The good thing about dragon quest is that if you level up on a regular basis the fights are never to hard. I have found this version of dragon quest to be a little bit easier then most so far but I'm not that far into the game yet. But I believe this would be easier then golden sun. This game does not have the depth of puzzle solving that golden sun has. So yes I would give it a try for many hours of enjoyment!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

xAlias

Can someone butter me up and convince me that I should buy this?

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

xAlias

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, what's your rating.

And you can just call me labrat.

xAlias

xAlias

Actually, what are everyone's impressions? I just recieved 50 bucks for selling my used, mediocre DS games on eBay. If you don't think I should bother with DQIX, what are some other long-lasting DS games that I might enjoy?!

xAlias

qsdsd

I would give the game a 10

qsdsd

Spoony_Tech

9 here. Its the best rpg on the system. Its deep and has a number of side quest to do. You will enjoy it. Go to gamestop and ask to play it and judge for your self.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

xAlias

OK. Thanks, guys. I'd rather see if they have it for download on the Nintendo Channel next week, but I might just take the risk and buy it.

xAlias

WolfRamHeart

@Labrat: You should strongly consider picking up Dragon Quest IX. It really is a great game. The more I play it the more that I love it. I would personally give it a score of a 9 out of 10. There is a ton of things to do and it will have you playing for hours. It is sooo addicting! If you enjoy a good RPG then this is a game that you will definitely enjoy.

WolfRamHeart

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Totally get it it's good.
If you don't like traditional turn based RPGs though then don't

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

xAlias

I like that kinda RPG, so ill pick it up

xAlias

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.