Forums

Topic: Connecting DS to internet

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

CheifThunder

i cant connect DS to internet because my moderm surports WPA and not WEP.
What other ways can i tackle this problem.

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

Eel

i have the same problem, i would love to see some answers that have nothing to do with buying a Nintendo adapter.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sean_Aaron

Use it at unsecured public hotspots like libraries, McDonald's, etc.

Get a second wireless access point to connect to your broadband router (assuming it has a built-in ethernet hub) and designate that your WEP node.

I have a Wi-Fi router that has Wi-Fi disabled and an Airport Extreme in bridge mode for my wireless; I'm considering turning configuring the Wi-Fi router to do WEP and then keeping it turned off unless I want to play an online DS game (though I only have two games that support Wi-Fi Connect so I probably won't bother.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

CheifThunder

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Use it at unsecured public hotspots like libraries, McDonald's, etc.

Get a second wireless access point to connect to your broadband router (assuming it has a built-in ethernet hub) and designate that your WEP node.

I have a Wi-Fi router that has Wi-Fi disabled and an Airport Extreme in bridge mode for my wireless; I'm considering turning configuring the Wi-Fi router to do WEP and then keeping it turned off unless I want to play an online DS game (though I only have two games that support Wi-Fi Connect so I probably won't bother.

what it is,is that ive just bought pokemon wii and now i need to connect with DS and Diamond.
Ive been told about a cd/cable from game or a moderm you plug into your home moderm to make it easy access?

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

theblackdragon

Nintendo's official site says that the Wi-Fi adapter requires a broadband internet connection to work, same for the Wii and DSi.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Macaronius

For some strange reason, I can connect to the internet with a DSiWare game, but not with a DS game.

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

pikku

protozone wrote:

For some strange reason, I can connect to the internet with a DSiWare game, but not with a DS game.

the DSi uses the same internet connection type that the Wii uses, but the other DS's uses a lower security setting.I'm not sure what it's called though. I know because I can't connect my DS to the internet, only my Wii and DSi.

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

theblackdragon

@protozone: DS games can only use a WEP connection. if you're using a WPA connection with your DSi, stuff like the Internet Browser and DSiWare games will work fine, but DS games will give you errors and time out.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.