Forums

Topic: Children of Mana Impressions

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

ChiyoKat

I took a trip to the local mall last week and and I managed to run into a store that was going out of business (it was a store that sold electronics, but mostly DVD's...curse you Netflix!)... Everything was going for 50 to 75 percent off; as I walked in the store, I immediately headed toward the video game section...it was amazing... there was DS games of different colors colours as far as the eye can see...(slight exageration...) but sadly, most of the DS games were the same, Copies of; "Elite Beat Agents" and "Magical Starsign" were all over the place! I couldn't believe that they were selling them for such a cheap price (they priced EBA at 8$...and with that 75% off deal, I managed to get the game at approximatly 2 dollars!) I bought ten copies of elite beat agents, and at a mere 10 dollars! (Everyone in my family knows what there getting for Christmas, lol)

I Hunted for other hidden jewels like Elite Beat Agents among the sea of "Deal or No Deal" and "Magical Starsign" copies on the shelves... and one game caught my attention...it was titled "Children of Mana." The cover art reminded me of a good RPG (yes, dont judge a game by its cover, ex: NinjaBread Man) I took a risk though, since I bought the game at 4 dollars, lol......blah, to get the the point, I cant stop playing Children of Mana and its an fun RPG, I dont agree with most of the reviews on metacritic (giving a 65 and so on...) sure there's level grinding,the graphics give me a slight head ache for some reason and it feels a little like a generic RPG...but those are minor issues in my book...so...I basically wanted to know what your impressions are on this game, love it so far

ChiyoKitteh

kkslider5552000

ChiyoKat wrote:

"I among the sea of "Deal or No Deal" and "Magical Starsign"

Hey! Deal or No Deal isn't that bad!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Philip_J_Reed

Here's my impression of Children of Mana:

"Hey, everyone! I'm the Children of Mana!"

It needs a little work, but I still think it's pretty good.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Fuzzy

I've been wanting to try this game for a while, but haven't gotten around to buying it. Hopefully I can still track it down.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

LordJumpMad

Sword of Mana was better

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

@Chicken - needs more Jean Claude Van Damme. Maybe just deliver that same line while doing the splits in mid air hovering over an electrified pool of water...I think that'll cement the believability factor.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Philip_J_Reed

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@Chicken - needs more Jean Claude Van Damme. Maybe just deliver that same line while doing the splits in mid air hovering over an electrified pool of water...I think that'll cement the believability factor.

Thanks man. I'll youtube it this weekend.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Tasuki

I bought that game cause I loved Secret of Mana played it for a few hours why I waited for my kid at the dentist office after that the game disappeared. Totally forgot I even had that game untill I saw this thread. That should tell you what I think about it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ChiyoKat

kkslider5552000 wrote:

ChiyoKat wrote:

"I among the sea of "Deal or No Deal" and "Magical Starsign"

Hey! Deal or No Deal isn't that bad!

And Data Design Interactive is a legendary video game develeper...
Putting the sarcasm aside...The critics haven't neccecarily been giving rave reviews to Deal or No Deal (for the Nintendo DS) Their even going as far as calling the game "broken" and "Absurd"...but then again that was IGN ... I could be wrong though, it's probably an an amazingly awesome game for some people but not for the critics (Ex: I loved Bioshock 2, loved it even more than the original Bioshock...but I can't find someone who agrees with me bad example... )...you never know...but I think you were being sarcastic to begin with...if you were, then I fail.

@theblackdragon
Sorry, it sounded like I was making Deal or No Deal and Magical Starsign sound like bad games, because there not...I think... by saying "among the sea of Deal or No Deal and Magical Starsign" I was basically saying that there was allot of copies of those games on the store shelfs, unlike Children of Mana...

@Chicken Brutus
Took those words right out of my mouth.

@Jumpmad
There's a prequel? or sequel? Thanks anyways, I'll look into "Sword of Mana"

@Fuzzy
Thats a shame, it's a kind of a rare game though, but It certainly isn't a "Must have" by any chance.

@Tasuki
If you liked it that much then you should try to find it if you have the chance, it must be pretty cheap at regular price since it isn't too popular...

ChiyoKitteh

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.