DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Best DS model?

Showing 21 to 40 of 50

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

21. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

The original DS because it was the last time Nintendo made a handheld console with shoulder buttons that didn't feel like they are about to break every time you so much as touch them.

Shoulder buttons aside, the DSi is one of the sleekest handhelds I've ever used.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

22. Posted:

Yeah the 3DS, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

23. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

DS Lite. GBA>DSi

This.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

24. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

^ The 3DS isn't a DS model. It's a 3DS model. They're a separate system family.

Thats like saying the GBA isnt part of the GB family.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

25. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

^ The 3DS isn't a DS model. It's a 3DS model. They're a separate system family.

Thats like saying the GBA isnt part of the GB family.

It isn't.

GB family: (GB, GBP, GB Light [Japan only])

GBC family: (GBC)

GBA family: (GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro)

DS family: (DS, DS Light, DSi, DSi XL)

3DS family: (3DS, 3DS XL)

family = various designs of a particular piece of hardware.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

26. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

^ The 3DS isn't a DS model. It's a 3DS model. They're a separate system family.

Thats like saying the GBA isnt part of the GB family.

Yes?

The GBA isn't part of the GB family.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

27. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

^ The 3DS isn't a DS model. It's a 3DS model. They're a separate system family.

Thats like saying the GBA isnt part of the GB family.

Haha. Because it isnt.

Families:
1) Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light.
2) Game Boy Color.
3) Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Advance Micro.
4) Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL.
5) Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

28. Posted:

Game Boy Color is forever alone.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

29. Posted:

Whatever you all are just looking for an argument. The 3DS is part of the DS family as much as the GBA is part of the GB family. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

30. Posted:

In terms of which gives the best experience for playing DS games, I'd go for the DSi XL. I'll be omitting the 3DS family thank you. Even based on aesthetics and comfort alone, it is a clear winner:
Untitled

But for functionality and portability, I'd go for the DS lite with its second slot, even if the hinges are weaker. Besides, we all know the GBA SP backlit model is the best way to experience GBA games.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

31. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Whatever you all are just looking for an argument. The 3DS is part of the DS family as much as the GBA is part of the GB family. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Even counting the 3DS as a DS model it isnt the best. We're talking in terms of DS games of course - you cant try to argue that the 3DS is the best DS model because it plays 3DS games. The 3DS has a terrible resolution for DS and DSiWare games - one that looks much better on a DSi or DS Lite.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

32. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Even counting the 3DS as a DS model it isnt the best. We're talking in terms of DS games of course - you cant try to argue that the 3DS is the best DS model because it plays 3DS games. The 3DS has a terrible resolution for DS and DSiWare games - one that looks much better on a DSi or DS Lite.

It's his opinion to what he thinks is the best and he'll stick with it. I'd try not to complicate the thread with arguments in this case.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

33. Posted:

Onikato wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Even counting the 3DS as a DS model it isnt the best. We're talking in terms of DS games of course - you cant try to argue that the 3DS is the best DS model because it plays 3DS games. The 3DS has a terrible resolution for DS and DSiWare games - one that looks much better on a DSi or DS Lite.

It's his opinion to what he thinks is the best and he'll stick with it. I'd try not to complicate the thread with arguments in this case.

Thank you.

And truthfully I didnt play to many DS games on the DSlite or even the original DS and I never owned a DSi (didnt like that they took out the GBA slot and replaced it with a camera) At that time in my life I didnt have much income to spend on games so I missed alot of DS games. Mostly I what I played on my original DS were GBA games, so as far as resolution goes I wouldn't know the difference. The reason why I chose the 3DS was the overall abilities and what it has to offer me and what I get out of it. Yes what games look like on a system plays a big part but as I stated I dont know the difference but thats just one criteria in my book.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

34. Posted:

All I saw was Tasuki saying...

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Megajack

35. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Whatever you all are just looking for an argument. The 3DS is part of the DS family as much as the GBA is part of the GB family. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Even counting the 3DS as a DS model it isnt the best. We're talking in terms of DS games of course - you cant try to argue that the 3DS is the best DS model because it plays 3DS games. The 3DS has a terrible resolution for DS and DSiWare games - one that looks much better on a DSi or DS Lite.

Yes but the DS lite fell apart easily. I think the best would be the DSi XL. It looks great and fits perfectly in my hands, much like the GameCube controllers. :D

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shiromikio

36. Posted:

Maybe DS Lite or DSi XL. DS Lite for its slimmer profile and it's the last in line that had stylus pressure sensitivity, DSi XL for the larger screens and moderately rounded corners.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stratostar

37. Posted:

The DSi, definitely.

Stratostar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

38. Posted:

DSi. It has the most features and is the sturdiest after the original.

And @Tatsuki's right about the 3DS being part of the DS Family. Saying it isn't is like saying the Wii U isn't part of the Wii family. But we're talking about DS models here. The 3DS does not share the same internal components as the DSi, DS Lite, etc., and you cannot play 3DS games on the DS. Therefore, the 3DS is a completely new machine and not part of this discussion. This is not up for argument. To say otherwise is to be ignorant of the facts. All we're doing is correcting you so more people don't make your mistake and derail the thread entirely.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

39. Posted:

The Vita.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

40. Posted:

I would say the original model for its durability and two slots. It is the only DS model I have owned that hasn't had its L button crap out on me, which is very important when I'm so fond of playing games like Metroid Prime Hunters and Renegade Kid's games such as Dementium II. In my opinion, the original is the most comfortable to grip too due to its thickness and curves. The others I own, DS Lite and DSi currently, have more defined square shape and I have had times where their edges have dug into my hands.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters