Forums

Topic: Best Buys 40ft DS Section

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

theblackdragon

@zss_shadow: did you read the article he linked to? It describes the biggest beef most people have with EB/GameStop is their practice of selling open-box games as new. You don't know where that cartridge has been before they snap it back into the box, tape it shut, and then hand it to you... And then there's the lesser annoyances of being pressured by employees re: their discount card (there's some real jerks out there who don't like to take 'no' for an answer) and their ludicrously low trade-in values (you can get way more for selling on eBay, but people tend to go for the instant gratification).

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TJtheHeretic

lol i have an excellent selection of stores theres this small mall like 10 mins away from my house and in one hall theres a gamestop turn a corner and ull find ebgames and in the same hall as eb theres another store similar if 1 doesnt have wat im looking 4 another does

EDIT: the 3rd store has excellent trade values i one sold a used game i got at eb (it was like $5) for 15

Edited on by TJtheHeretic

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

theblackdragon

@zss_shadow: wow, that's complete BS. i knew they were bad, but i didn't know they were that bad... it must be because it's a previous-gen system. ah well, eBay and/or craigslist to the rescue. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

irken004

MetalMario wrote:

I don't trade in games. Not worth it.

i do if i don't like them or don't play them anymore (examples: Madworld, Sonic Heroes, Kirby Squeak Squad, etc.)

Corbs

I sell my games on ebay if I don't like them. Get more money back that way.

Plain old gamer :)

TJtheHeretic

zss_shadow wrote:

Yeah, I went back and checked it afterward. I was multitasking so when I posted my reply it was on the basis of his earlier posts (before he backed things up). And now that I think of it, their trade in values are abysmal. Sure it depends on the game and such but $20 for 5 PS2 games, a PS2, a memory card, and 2 controllers seems a little low.

that happend 2 my dad

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

Slapshot

@Corbie....Love the shield... I saw that earlier today and was like dang how do I get one of them

I love Gamestop myself because I have a good friend that is the store manager and I get hook ups on getting things day one regardless. You spend enough money in anyplace and you get your way usually. I also sell my dont likes on ebay to get money back. Most times you can get just about enough for whaterever it is to get another game you want for little to nothing if its close to the same value. I just could NOT believe all the shovelware so readily available at Best Buy. I buy all my Computer/Home Theatre stuff there and CD/BluRay but not really many games just never really noticed all the shovelware this this past trip in.

@Chrono Cross...What system you playin PURE on? I got it on PS3 and its great fun.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Meh. The hate for Gamestop/EB seems stupid to me. With virtually every large/national chain you're going to find this kind of shady crap gong on, whether it's McDonalds, Barnes & Noble, GameStop or Macys. Doesn't mean it should, but seriously, its the nature of things. Don't buy a game if they want to pull the '"open-box new" thing, don't get a discount card if you don't want, don't trade in games to them if you feel the trade-in $ is too low.

Saying personal experiences are irrelevant is seemingly naive. I know certain GS/EBs that are horrible in all respects, and others that are like gamer heaven. Like any other chain business. Certain McDonalds are nice and clean, while others you'd totally avoid unless you're starving to death. If you dislike GS/EB because of a political/personal viewpoint concerning their official or unofficial corporate practices, well fine. But beyond that, not taking into account the indiviudual stores and experiences is illogical. It is not my attention to attack anyone here or to be combative. It just seems irrational is all, but each persons shopping habits are their own.

As for Best Buy's selection, the ones by me are the same. But hey, they also have huge displays of horrible movies and music (i guess the film and music versions of "shovelware"? =)). They're going to stock based on the percieved demand and what the corporate figures say the sales trends indicate. Though. if you have a store with a savvy manager, you'll notice that the longer that 7 column display of Bratz titles sits unmoved, the more likely there are to be "better" titles there down the road. I saw it happen recently at a nearby Best Buy -- after weeks of there being the usual shovelware, i went in one day and saw a bunch of Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and such now more prominently taking position.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AlexSays

the+shpydar wrote:

Saying personal experiences are irrelevant is seemingly naive.

Not naive at all.

Someone out there thought Hussein was a great guy.

AlexSays

the_shpydar

Oy. If that's the flawed logic you're going to use, i'm out, no point in further discussion on the topic.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

theblackdragon

AlexSays wrote:

the+shpydar wrote:

Saying personal experiences are irrelevant is seemingly naive.

Not naive at all.

... Is this invoking some kind of corollary to Godwin's Law? :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AlexSays

the+shpydar wrote:

Oy. If that's the flawed logic you're going to use, i'm out, no point in further discussion on the topic.

Oh so you call the logic flawed and run away?

Yeah that's the best way to win any debate.

theblackdragon wrote:

... Is this invoking some kind of corollary to Godwin's Law? :3

I hadn't even thought of that until you said something. lol

AlexSays

thewiirocks

AlexSays wrote:

Hey, don't be giving him a bad rap like that! King Hussein had a tough job. He was well-loved by Jordanians, was an opponent of the PLO's tactics while being supportive of Palestinian refugees, and through dialog with Israeli leader Yitzhak Rabin brought lasting peace between Jordan and Israel.

So yeah, I do think he was a pretty great guy!

Edited on by thewiirocks

thewiirocks

Grumble

Gamestop all the way!!

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

Slapshot

@theblackdragon..... Yeah I bought Ferrari Challenge and Bionic Commando for the PS3 recently and both the damn games were open box display copies. Stickers all over them and CDs in the drawer. Pissed me off pretty bad.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.