Forums

Topic: anyone have/play the game 'Contact'?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

k8sMum

what do you think of it? is it fun, worth having/playing etc?? thanks much.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

CanisWolfred

I've played some. It's a fun little game. It's got some charm and utilizes the DS' features a lot, but otherwise it's more or less standard CRPG gameplay mixed with some interesting twists and Touch Screen gimmicks. Some people find the fact that you have to switch between combat mode and running mode annoying, but again, that's standard fare for a CRPG. There's also a heavy emphasis on character customization and realistic themes, such as having to eat and digest food, and having different jobs that are literally jobs. The worst part, though is that your Avatar is...well, an avatar. While this should be expected for a game that's so focused on character customization, it doesn't meld very well with the overall theme, which is that you, the player, are a character interacting with their world using your DS, and guiding the main character around. He should at least show some level of personality, since he is his own character separate from you. In fact, I can't remember if he realistically reacts to anything, either. Just because he's a silent protagonist doesn't mean he can't have character, and several other games have already proven that. It just doesn't make sense, and it throws a wrench in the otherwise coherent themes that could've made the game an interesting and unique experience.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

I wonder if that's the kind of response k8sMum was looking for...

I haven't played the game, but it seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it affair. It's quirky and original, but it has its flaws.

HolyMackerel

theblackdragon

I wasn't really a fan. It was cute how the characters broke the 4th wall a few times, but it got more and more boring toward the end and i traded it in almost immediately after beating it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

k8sMum

thanks, all. i can get it on ebay for like $12 inc/shipping so i may give it a shot. i am an earthbound fanatic and this looks/sounds a wee bit similar.

kkslider5552000

Contact would have been awesome if it had some more plot and areas instead of grinding hell.

It also has one of my favorite endings for a game ever.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JonWahlgren

I liked it quite a bit. I usually don't play a lot of RPGs but was pretty into this one, make of it what you will. And yeah, dat ending.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

k8sMum

this is what i love about this site: the various opinions that let one sort thru them and help one make a reasonable educated decision. i'm gonna give it a try; worst that happens is i don't like it and pass it on. and i am reaaallly intrigued about the ending now. lol

kkslider5552000

yeah basically if you can tolerate lots of RPG grinding, you'll like it. Simple as that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.