Forums

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Posts 321 to 340 of 432

Turnip

Victoria wrote:

Thanks Werble.
Here's another painted a did last night.
Untitled

wow, i wish i could paint like that :3

Cringing is really fun.

Victoria

Thanks Werble. You should give it a try. I would have said the exact same thing as you before I started painting on Art Academy. I seriously didn't think I could paint until I started on it.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Turnip

yeah, i've finished the first one and i have the 2nd one. i'm just having trouble with the dog...

Cringing is really fun.

hulklol123456789

Hey for the guys that got art academy, try to paint they own avatars and show them here!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Victoria

Werble wrote:

yeah, i've finished the first one and i have the 2nd one. i'm just having trouble with the dog...

That dog was a tricky one for me as well. And I never did attempt the cat 'mini-lesson'.

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Hey for the guys that got art academy, try to paint they own avatars and show them here!

I've already created my avatar from a drawing I did on Art Academy.
Untitled

toymin80r

Victoria wrote:

toymin80r - Which part of your butterfly and your rose did you do in Photoshop?

i used Photoshop to do the background for the butterfly and to add the aftereffects to both images. Other than that, the butterfly and the rose itself were all done on art academy. I really should have uploaded their original images on here as well (but i'm not sure if i have them anymore).

toymin80r

Funky_Gamer

Here is a new episode in my Epic Saga of DDMK! It took forever, but finally its out.
[flipnote:56F7682031CFE88C:CFE88C_09F9AE67ED0A9_007]

I would be very pleased if you added some stars to this flipnote. It took a while, and a lot of work... hard work.
Thanks!

~Funky Gamer aka Zero

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

bboy2970

@Victoria: Very nice piece! quite abstract!
I just did this. Its one of my first things I've done on my own and am quite proud of it!
Untitled

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

hulklol123456789

bboy2970 wrote:

@Victoria: Very nice piece! quite abstract!
I just did this. Its one of my first things I've done on my own and am quite proud of it!
Untitled

And you should, I love PIKMINS!!!!

I have another question, do Art Academy actually lear you how to paint?? So like after making good painting in art academy can you do a good painting without it? With pencils and real paper?

Taya

Love the Pikmin picture!

hulkol, yes you should be able to paint well in real life if you can learn the techniques in Art Academy. It teaches things like colour mixing, brush sizes, adding water to the brush, and so on. Of course, it's cheaper to screw up a painting on your DSi than screw up a real painting.

Taya

Kingbuilder

JumpMad wrote:

This wins the entire thread.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

hulklol123456789

Taya wrote:

Love the Pikmin picture!

hulkol, yes you should be able to paint well in real life if you can learn the techniques in Art Academy. It teaches things like colour mixing, brush sizes, adding water to the brush, and so on. Of course, it's cheaper to screw up a painting on your DSi than screw up a real painting.

Hmmmm, I will convince myself of that if someone here paint a picture in real life, a picture the one he had aleady painted it in art academy, and post both here to see the results.

Victoria

This is the first time I have ever sketched a real live person. It may not be a master piece, but I never would have had the confidence to try it before I started on Art Academy. (and if I'd have been using real pencils, I probably would have used the eraser so much I would have scrubbed a hole in the paper)
Untitled

sonic_brawler95

Wow, that looks great, Victoria!

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

NGpenguin

ooh im a "serious" user for both of those things PLEASE tell me how to add pictures here

Edited on by NGpenguin

3DS friend code: 1590-4685-4846

hulklol123456789

Victoria wrote:

This is the first time I have ever sketched a real live person. It may not be a master piece, but I never would have had the confidence to try it before I started on Art Academy. (and if I'd have been using real pencils, I probably would have used the eraser so much I would have scrubbed a hole in the paper)
Untitled

So you make that in real life? Looks actually promising... Im gonna look for the art academy retail version.

Victoria

Thanks - Sonic_brawler.
@ Hulklo - No, I didn't draw that on real paper. I did it on Art Academy. If I'd have done it on real paper I would have really struggled to get it right and used my eraser enough to ruin the drawing. But the fact is I DID draw it, and I wouldn't have had much luck before learning on Art Academy. I have more confidence now at drawing than I did before, but right now I'm still learning. I'm not about to go out and spend a fortune on real paints, and I wouldn't even know where to begin with mixing oil mediums. (I have water colour paints, but I'm just not confident enough yet to know what I'm doing.) I have seen pictures of people who used Art Academy lessons to paint real life paintings, but I don't have the art supplies, canvases, etc, to do that yet.
I will tell you thought that one thing that helps me immensely with Art Academy is that you can put grid lines over your photos, and on your drawings to help get the perspective right when starting out. It helps me to lay down the foundation lines on my drawings, so I'm not struggling to make things look right. It's a big help when starting from scratch. I'm just now learning how to do sketches on my own. Once I have a bit more confidence, I'll get out my art pencils and see if I can master on real paper.
Please remember Hulklo that a lot of people do nothing but digital art for fun and for a living ... it makes their art no less 'real' that it is on the computer, and not on canvas.

NGpenguin wrote:

ooh im a "serious" user for both of those things PLEASE tell me how to add pictures here

To post pictures on here you need first of all to upload them to a website that will 'host' the pictures. There are a lot of places to do that, but an easy and free way is to use Photobucket http://photobucket.com/ Join their website, then upload your pictures to it. Once you've done that, you just need to copy the IMG code under the photo. (There are 4 boxes with codes in them under the photo ... copy the one that says IMG code, and then paste it into your posts here.) I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Edited on by Victoria

jdarrell

@NG To embed your flipnote videos you have to type
flipnote:userID:videoID
[in pipe brackets.]

The best way to remember is to click the quote button for the first post in this topic.
You'll see Dru192 converted his video at
http://flipnote.hatena.com /902CE4301E1B7797@ DSi/movie /1B7797_096017489FCC0_008
to
flipnote:902CE4301E1B7797:1B7797_096017489FCC0_008

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Victoria

My latest ... I call it Tony Van Gogh-y
Untitled

zezhyrule

@hulk:
Art Academy
On a canvas with cheap paints I had available

Both were painted in 'real life', if you're wondering. It's just that one of them was painted with virtual paints on a virtual canvas.
I really like the first one better, because the color range was larger, and it has more of that expressionist' style.

Btw, not sure if I posted this yet: Vivi from FFIX

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.