Forums

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Posts 181 to 200 of 432

Blue_Cat

Funky+Gamer wrote:

Here is my newest flipnote. Took me about a month. The gun Mario Sprites were made by me. Enjoy:
[flipnote:56F7682031CFE88C:CFE88C_095CDC3139BD1_146]
I know that I spelled Description wrong in the end, but other then that I think that it is pretty good. Working on next episode!

Really Nice! I can see how It would take a month (It'd probably take me longer), but I'm looking forward to the next episode, as it will probably have more action then the tutorial.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Percentful

That's a cool cat, Shibuyashoeya!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Victoria

Well done on your cat Shibuyashoeya. You did a brilliant job on the cat's face.
Everyone's work in here is great. I just love this thread and seeing how clever we all are

This is my latest - an attempt to paint Monet's Venice at Twilight
Untitled

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

BleachFan

Well crap!
This all looks awesome...I just might have to get this...
I was PLANNING on spending my points card on my Wii...Looks like i might have to change my mind...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Scarecrow

Wow, the cat and Twilight paintings are both SUPERB, fantastic work Shibuyashoeya and Victoria. Who would have thought painting like that were possible on a DSi.

Untitled

Caroline in paint with made up background.

Scarecrow

BleachFan

Just got the app...FEAR MY UTTER GENERIC-NESS!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by BleachFan

Cipher Trailer

Outrunner

Ok, I really have to get this app. Your paintings all look awesome!

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

cheapogamer4life

Great drawings and paintings you guys. Would love to see more

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Victoria

Wow Scarecrow! Adding colour to Caroline really changed the look. You did a great job blending the paints and getting the highlights to shine through.

BleachFan - Glad to see another clever artist joining our group. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Taya

Great pics lately! I haven't used either Art Academy or Flipnote Studio in a long time, but I've been drawing one picture in a real sketchbook every day. I should really play around with Art Academy a little more.

I want to try to recreate Larry's drawing from Ace Attorney 3. This one:
Untitled

I would be fun to try and do it with paint, don't you think?

Edited on by Taya

Taya

BleachFan

Generic lime powers...Activate!
Untitled
Booya!

Cipher Trailer

Scarecrow

@BleachFan888 your doing great, right on track. Stick with the lessons and do them all as well as you can. They teach all you need to know. I got a bit stuck mixing paints cos I only have the 1st semester but a bit of experimenting gets you there. The lessons are very good but you only have access to the features needed for the exercise you are doing. In Free Paint, all the features are available. One tip I find essential, try using brushes with water and no paint to get all sorts of great effects.

Scarecrow

BleachFan

The last of my "non-creative" stuff. ...Hopefully...I'm absolutely terrible at the mini-lessons...
Untitled

By the way...Is Semester Two worth it? In other words, do you guys find yourselves using the techniques you learn in it often in your pieces? Just curious...

Edited on by BleachFan

Cipher Trailer

Eel

Taya wrote:

Untitled

that one is very cool, you really should try painting it

.. just dont forget to share the results!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Victoria

Well done BleachFan.

BleachFan888 wrote:

By the way...Is Semester Two worth it? In other words, do you guys find yourselves using the techniques you learn in it often in your pieces? Just curious...

I won't go into details again here, 'cos I already gave my opinion on post 131, page 6, I think. But I will say again it's nice having 2 Art Academy applications to have saved drawings. The technique I've used most from the 2nd Semester is what I learned about Impressionism. I enjoyed that the most, and have been doing more paintings in that style. I'm already wishing there was an Art Academy 3. Or I wouldn't mind if they came out with a version with coloured pencils.
Here's my latest in the Impressionism style trying to copy Georges Seurat from a picture I found online. I just checked out a library book with a photo of this, and realised now I have the colours on part of it wrong.... so I might go back and fix that.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/ManLeaningo...

Eel

Wow that one is good, i may get semester 2 just to learn a thing or two about impressionism.

i recently saw an old thread "pics or you're not real" or something like that, and i felt like drawing me... the results arent really of my liking, but i always say that when it comes to me...
click if you dare
Seriously, you never notice your nose is so huge until you draw it yourself...
I officially hate drawing mouths.
My brother thought i would be funny to doodle a beard on my face before i could save it, so i pretty much had to do the mouth part twice.
Beards give you a lot of extra years, dont they?

I don't really feel like coloring it, so i will leave it as a sketch for now...

I would really like to see other self portraits too

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Percentful

I will attempt a self portrait, but I doubt it will turn out anywhere near as good as yours, Abgar.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Victoria

110percentful wrote:

I will attempt a self portrait, but I doubt it will turn out anywhere near as good as yours, Abgar.

I agree! You did a great job Abgar. And I like the beard

Eel

hehe, thanks

i must reckon that the beard looks nice, but theyre itchy >_<

Good luck on your self portrait 110, who knows, we may even create a "Self portrait or you dont exist" thread xD
not really, i dont think that much people would make one

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.