Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 441 to 460 of 505

theblackdragon

haha, ouch. can't say i'm surprised that Okamiden is selling better than the first AAI, though — a niche title featuring entirely different gameplay than previous entries in the series and focused more on grownups compared to a long-awaited sequel to a bada** action/adventure title with kid-attracting power? it's no contest re: which is gonna sell better IMO.

That said, Professor Layton's doing damn well over here in the west, isn't it? with Level 5 calling the shots, even if they don't want to localize it for PW's sake, surely they'd localize it for Layton... i could give or take AAI2, but Layton vs. Wright is another story.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LunarJade

@theblackdragon I also think the possibility exists that if Layton vs Wright is brought over here (even if somehow just for Laytons sake) it might bring more fans over to the Phoenix Wright side.
Which I would hope would be enough to have them reevaluate bringing in another AA game of some sort.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats

fishman100

Too bad they don't plan to localize it. (They're out for the money <.<)

Edited on by fishman100

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

626b

You can keep saying that petitions won't work, but they will if enough people sign it. I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine, the Netherlands, lots of petitions helped. For instance a girl from my school was supposted to be put out of the country, so we made a petition and enought people signed, and now she can stay. That is just one example. If everyone says it won't work, it won't work. But if enough people do believe it works and sign the petition, it will work.

626b

Reala

626b wrote:

You can keep saying that petitions won't work, but they will if enough people sign it. I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine, the Netherlands, lots of petitions helped. For instance a girl from my school was supposted to be put out of the country, so we made a petition and enought people signed, and now she can stay. That is just one example. If everyone says it won't work, it won't work. But if enough people do believe it works and sign the petition, it will work.

That's hardly a fair comparison some governments must respond or at least acknowledge certain petition according to their own laws, video game petition success rate isn't exactly great but then they are private businesses, the last bit about enough people believing would make it work makes petitions sound almost like a religion

Reala

626b

Sign the petition and join our Lord Miles Edgeworth xD

But what a bussiness wants is to make money. That's why this petition should be signed by everyone who would buy the game. If we get enough signatures, Capcom might see some money making in it and translate Gyakuten Kenji 2 to English.

626b

LunarJade

According to the Court Records forum there's been a tweet from the Art Director of the game whose noticed the petitions for this going around: http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?showtopic...

I agree that internet petitions tend not to work well. For example I believe I read somewhere that Wendy Oldbag signed the petition (couldn't tell you what forum I read this on at this point..).
You get signatures like that in internet petitions which means the numbers might be totally off by however many people who are just signing over and over again using a second or third email account.
Someone also brought up the point on the Ask Capcom forum that a petition is not a contract. While yes many people who sign the petition will probably buy the game they aren't saying they are. So in the end you need a higher number, maybe even five times the number of the actual sales they'd need just to ensure that it would definitely be fine.

However I wouldn't say an internet petition doesn't accomplish anything. It does spread the word, tends to inform other fans who weren't watching at the time, and sometimes catches the attention of people actually in control.

I would think a Facebook petition might have a little better impact, IMO. Just because it's faster to join and spread the word to everyone through it and you get to see who people are. Not to mention all the people who are fans would be able to unite and know who each other are.

Late

I saw Ace Attorney game (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All) for the first time in a little shop for 20€, I've heard about these games before and thought about if I'd buy one or not but as I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy on same day I thought it could wait. Now I wanna know if I made a mistake.
How good are these games and how long does it take to complete one? I can always find these from internet if I decide to buy one but I'd wanna hear more about these games first. (Too tired to take a look at other pages right now, maybe tomorrow then)

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

kkslider5552000

they are incredibly awesome. Buy them now. Don't buy the sequels first though, bad idea.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

Late wrote:

How good are these games and how long does it take to complete one?

to me, the main-series games are excellent, and it probably took a week or so of playing for a couple hours every night after I got home to get through each one. your mileage may vary, of course. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Bass_X0

Download it on WiiWare if you want to save money though. Regardless of what the reviews say, the graphics aren't bad and you don't have to use the gimmicky motion controls either (in fact, nobody should); its noticeable that you're playing a DS game on your TV for about five minutes or so but you get used to it quickly.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Tasuki

Ok I too have heard of these games and I am wondering what all the fuss is about so I am thinking of picking one up to check it out (I am needing to up my DS collection for my bus rides to work). So what exactly is the game play like. Is it something like an RPG or a platform game or what? Also which one should I start with or does it really matter?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LunarJade

theblackdragon wrote:

Late wrote:

How good are these games and how long does it take to complete one?

to me, the main-series games are excellent, and it probably took a week or so of playing for a couple hours every night after I got home to get through each one. your mileage may vary, of course. :3

Yeah I never found they took an entirely long time... although they do suck me in pretty good and I'd end up staying up all night just playing through one case.
They are completely worth it though, and I think much better if played in order. I started with the second one first and I really wish I'd been able to start at the beginning.

LunarJade

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I too have heard of these games and I am wondering what all the fuss is about so I am thinking of picking one up to check it out (I am needing to up my DS collection for my bus rides to work). So what exactly is the game play like. Is it something like an RPG or a platform game or what? Also which one should I start with or does it really matter?

It's listed as an adventure/visual novel game. Lots of text and big on the murder mystery kind of thing. Also I'd start with the first one. As they make references to the other games later on and while it's not necessary to start with the first one most people I know who've played them, myself included, say it's better to play them in order.

Bass_X0

Tasuki wrote:

Start with the first one of course. Playing them out of order is like jumping to the middle of the book to start reading then after a while going back to read it from the beginning. The gameplay is quite simple; you read text and then choose the right piece of evidence to present at the right time during the trial scenes and you flip between static scenes during the detective sections, sometimes looking for things to touch in the background. Its mainly a "choose your own story" book in videogame form however theres only one right answer to progress each time.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

LunarJade

Also if anyone is looking for the first one and hasn't gotten Ghost Trick either than I direct you to the capcom store that still has the bundle for the two games available for $39.99 US. http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.2212...

Ghost Trick is also an excellent game very much worth getting.

Tasuki

Bass X0 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Start with the first one of course. Playing them out of order is like jumping to the middle of the book to start reading then after a while going back to read it from the beginning. The gameplay is quite simple; you read text and then choose the right piece of evidence to present at the right time during the trial scenes and you flip between static scenes during the detective sections, sometimes looking for things to touch in the background. Its mainly a "choose your own story" book in videogame form however theres only one right answer to progress each time.

Ok thanks it sounds to me like an old NES game called Deja Vu that I use to play. I will look for these when I get a chance either online or at a store.

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: these games are great for playing on the bus, and you can save at nearly any point during the game if you have to stop for whatever reason.

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tasuki: these games are great for playing on the bus, and you can save at nearly any point during the game if you have to stop for whatever reason.

Oh that sounds perfect. I have about an hour bus ride so I can get some gaming in but being able to stop and save at any point is always a plus.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.