Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 361 to 380 of 505

Noire

HolyMackerel wrote:

I see some of my fellow AA fans are manic-depressive about the series.

Yeah, that dragon chick is crazy. She might want to tone it down a bit.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

theblackdragon

@HolyMackerel: I understand why it is the way it is, trust me. it was just refreshing to finally be able to see him be all mysterious and all-knowing and stuff :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Taya

I really liked Ace Attorney Investigations but it wasn't as good as the main series. I'll bet the sequel will improve on it though.

Taya

Bass_X0

Just ordered Apollo Justice. £10.50 including shipping is a good price for it IMO.

I know its not supposed to be as good as the main trilogy but I felt I had to get it anyway but I purposely waited until I could get it as cheap as possible. I'd have gotten it on the WiiWare if it was released on there but surprisingly it didn't.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Objection

@Bass-Both RFTA (Case 1-5) and Apollo Justice were actually made for the DS and had some pre-rendered video and/or 3D graphics that upped the file size. That's why RFTA was a seperate download (IMO) and why Apollo is likely too large for Wiiware limits. I have no problem with AJAA, I'm just not big on its middle cases, but I'm usually not anyway.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

invmat

Objection_Blaster wrote:

@Bass-Both RFTA (Case 1-5) and Apollo Justice were actually made for the DS and had some pre-rendered video and/or 3D graphics that upped the file size. That's why RFTA was a seperate download (IMO) and why Apollo is likely too large for Wiiware limits. I have no problem with AJAA, I'm just not big on its middle cases, but I'm usually not anyway.

RFTA took only 1 block to download (if I remember correctly). It was nothing more than a code to unlock the chapter.

invmat

theblackdragon

Objection_Blaster wrote:

I have no problem with AJAA, I'm just not big on its middle cases, but I'm usually not anyway.

whaaaaat? how can you not be down with the magic panties? >:3

i must say, though, that I felt AJAA's first case was the weakest of the four. i understand why the game had to start out with that case, but i remember during my first playthrough it just felt sloppy and rushed. only after playing the final case, when everything is revealed, did it start to make sense in my mind, but even now i just don't like it as much as the initial cases in the first three games. :/ that final case was the sh*t, though, ahahaha~

BEST THREAD EVER

Objection

Final case was awesome. I had nothing against case 4-1, besides that body posture reading wasn't really in it. 4-2, even with magic panties was a weak case. It was humurous and fun but the case itself was lame. 4-3 was better and 4-4 was pretty slick.

theblackdragon

yeah, the case in 4-2 was weak, but i really liked the people in it. that made up for everything IMO :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Objection

@TBD- You're just biased for magical panties!

As for the RFTA DLC convo, I guess it was included in the base download which surprises me, because the itouch version is over 90MB including RFTA, so the WW version would have had to compress it by over 50%.

invmat

Objection_Blaster wrote:

@TBD- You're just biased for magical panties!

As for the RFTA DLC convo, I guess it was included in the base download which surprises me, because the itouch version is over 90MB including RFTA, so the WW version would have had to compress it by over 50%.

It's not that unique... There are games of 200 MB (Monkey Island) which are compressed to 40 MB.

Then again, the WiiWare version of PW had bad graphics and almost looked like a DS emulator. The iPhone version was a port of the PC version if I remember correctly, so that explains the huge compression I think...

invmat

Noire

Apollo Justice rocks and I personally liked it better than all the PW games 'sides Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Why is Godot So Damn Sexy

magic panties wheeeeeeeeeee

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Bass_X0

Then again, the WiiWare version of PW had bad graphics and almost looked like a DS emulator.

It was a DS emulator, thats all. There was no improvement to the graphics but they weren't bad bad. They were just what you'd expect a DS game to look like running on a TV - and the original games hardly had bad graphics themselves. My testimony is that if they had to completely redo the graphics or not release them on the WiiWare at all, they would have chosen not to release any of the games. And that would have been a crime of the highest order.

Apollo Justice is good. Just completed the second case. Trials & Tribulations is still the best out of the five IMO, followed by the first game.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

JayArr

PhoenixAran wrote:

This.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Bass_X0

Just watch out for panty thieves.

LordJumpMad

[quote=JayArr]

PhoenixSage wrote:

This.

OverRule!

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Digiki

I finished the first Ace Attorney yesterday, so I've finally completed the series. As far as my opinion of the games goes:
T&T >> Edgey >> AA > JFA > AJ

Ace Attorney is probably the longest with RFtA included, although it wasn't all quality, the last three cases were all too long.
I thouroughly loved Edgey: The Game, although admittedly the final showdown wasn't all that interesting but incredibly long, otherwise the new presentation and music were great, and the investigations were significantly superior to the other games.

Bass_X0

Would anyone else like Apollo Justice characters to appear in the next Miles Edgeworth game? Obviously at a younger age than they appear in Apollo Justice. I'd like to see Phoenix Wright characters interact with Apollo Justice characters, just to give the overall series more of an interlinking story rather than have Apollo Justice as the almost unrelated spin-off.

I'd also like Phoenix himself to play a role in AAI2; perhaps you as Edgeworth would have to beat Phoenix in court. For once. And I would quite like some development for Iris Hawthorne. I quite like her.

kkslider5552000

Yeah they need to at least somewhat tie the Apollo Justice games to the other ones. This isn't Layton, you can't just have completely unrelated stories in every game that happen to have the same characters.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.