Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 321 to 340 of 484

Bass_X0

But you're the only one here who thinks it is. I'd imagine that almost everybody would agree that it did get dragged out much longer than it should have been but that doesn't make it crap.

You don't like it. Fine. There's good games widely liked by many people that I don't like either. But I do acknowledge that they are good; just not my type of game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Objection

i'd review it if I worked for NL. but that's about the only reason I'd play it.

Also, @HolyMackerel-I'm more than aware of Ghost Trick and very much looking forward to it. (Just didn't know there was a thread about it here. I'll likely be transitions to (what will likely be) that series instead.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Noire

Ace Attorney Investigations sucks. There's no two ways about it.

That they're making a sequel to that sh*t... almost makes me sick.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Gameday

never played the ace attorney investigations played the 3 before , so is wright not in this one ? cause i cant see it without him.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Objection

As much as I hate to letcha down, Wright is practically the only character who doesn't make ANY sort of cameo. Or Maya, but I kind of expected that since she wasn't in AJ either.

I miss my Maya. Need some more.

LzWinky

theblackdragon wrote:

@Bass X0: last i checked, i wasn't alone in not exactly being thrilled with the first Investigations.

Well don't get too excited about the sequel then

Seriously, why Edgeworth?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sneaker13

I still need to play AAI. I bought it day one, but never really got into the story. It didn't captivate me like the Phoenix Wright games did. So when new games came out, this one dropped back into it's case. I really need to give this another chance, but I still prefer a new Phoenix Wright game.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

theblackdragon

Objection_Blaster wrote:

As much as I hate to letcha down, Wright is practically the only character who doesn't make ANY sort of cameo. Or Maya, but I kind of expected that since she wasn't in AJ either.

now that's something i'd like to see explored in the next AJ game (please, capcom, pleeeeease) -- where was Maya during all that, and Pearl for that matter? it could make for good times having the Feys show up again :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sneaker13

I wasn't a big fan of AJ. He missed the lack and flair that Phoenix had. Thankfully Phoenix appears in the game, but I didn't like the Apollo character that much.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

theblackdragon

@Sneaker: true, but i liked AJ a lot because Phoenix wasn't an idiot the way he is portrayed in the PW games, that's kinda why i'd like to see what happened with him and Maya eventually -- sure, there's an age gap, but it's not an insurmountable one. also, hooray Ema Skye, and the bracelet thing/picking out twitches and tics was kinda cool too. Apollo could've been any random character, really, and i'd'a still liked the game. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Axoloth

theblackdragon wrote:

Objection_Blaster wrote:

now that's something i'd like to see explored in the next AJ game (please, capcom, pleeeeease) -- where was Maya during all that, and Pearl for that matter? it could make for good times having the Feys show up again :3

Actually, Phoenix, Maya AND Pearl did have a cameo in the third case of AAI, they just didn't say anything, nor were they pointed out for you.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

theblackdragon

@ax: in my half of that quoted comment, i was referring to the fact that maya and pearl aren't in AJ -- where were they between T&T through the start of AJ, and all during AJ for that matter?

i hadn't been aware that they were actually in Investigations, though -- nice find. here's an image if anyone else missed them too :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Objection

oh wow, thanks for the cameo picture, I had no idea. nice find.

@xkhaoz-- thanks but we know already. see post 334 or so.

Sneaker13

theblackdragon wrote:

@Sneaker: true, but i liked AJ a lot because Phoenix wasn't an idiot the way he is portrayed in the PW games, that's kinda why i'd like to see what happened with him and Maya eventually -- sure, there's an age gap, but it's not an insurmountable one. also, hooray Ema Skye, and the bracelet thing/picking out twitches and tics was kinda cool too. Apollo could've been any random character, really, and i'd'a still liked the game. :3

There is nothing wrong with the game itself, but the character AJ was just there. Not really a memorable one.

Friendcodes:

Noire

Xkhaoz wrote:

THey've announced a 2nd Ace Atorney Investigations game: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135628

OH MY GOD ANOTHER ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS GAME

WHAT HAVE I BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LAST TWO PAGES

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

HolyMackerel

I see some of my fellow AA fans are manic-depressive about the series.

Nice find on the Phoenix/Maya/Pearl cameo! I really miss Maya too. I wouldn't mind if they had a sequel where she was older (maybe young Mia age) and featured as a main character.

@theblackdragon Phoenix is portrayed as an idiot in the PW games because you play as him. There's a common thread in all the AA games where the playable character is slightly incapable and gets made fun of a lot. Even in AAI they toned down Edgeworth's almightiness (just compare your reaction to him in PW1 to AAI). I think it's to help players connect with them better, and also justifies why you have to interact and "help them out" during court cases, etc. When Phoenix was no longer the playable character, we can suddenly see how bad he truly is.

Edited on by theblackdragon

HolyMackerel

Noire

HolyMackerel wrote:

I see some of my fellow AA fans are manic-depressive about the series.

Yeah, that dragon chick is crazy. She might want to tone it down a bit.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.