Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 301 to 320 of 484

Bobpie

@cnm_nintendo

Check this thread for any thing you might need!

Hooray, helpfulness!

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

Noire

...Things happened to me when I finally hit the fourth case in Trials and Tribulations.

Things I can't describe on a family website. It was... messy, to say the least.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Noire

Cammy Meele is my new hero.

/me blows bubbles

There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Bass_X0

PhoenixFarron wrote:

...Things happened to me when I finally hit the fourth case in Trials and Tribulations.

Things I can't describe on a family website. It was... messy, to say the least.

The one with Terry Falles?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

edhe

Does anyone have any thoughts on the iPod/Phone adaptation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?

I bought it a few days ago (I've just finished the 2nd case) and it's vastly better value for money (and better suited to it's format) than the WiiWare port. (£2.99 by the way). It's just a shame the iPod (Touch) doesn't have a very long battery life and you have to wipe your increasingly sweaty fingers over the screen to control it. Oh...just me then.

I hope they bring the other GBA titles over to the iPod format...

Also, I think it has to be said that initially, I wasn't a fan of the Phoenix Wright series (didn't see the appeal), but after playing this game (and picking it up at a discount price too), I'd definitely consider buying those other titles if they ever turn up on the iPod store and even investing in a DS title in the future.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

CinnamonRobin

edhe wrote:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the iPod/Phone adaptation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?

I'm half way through case 3 on mine and overall I'm pleased. The new interface is nice but takes some getting used to, not helped by the fact that the game still tells you to push the buttons rather than swipe them, but once you get used to it it feels just as good, if not better than the DS one. The iPhone screen's higher pixel density also makes the art look better even though its the same! I'm hoping for the other titles to be ported, and maybe a whole new title. They could at least make some new cases downloadable through in-app purchases. [/wild speculation]

CinnamonRobin

Noire

theblackdragon wrote:

@Bass: more like the one with a young Edgeworth.

Plus Mia Fey and Diego Armando.

And... and Diego Armando.

Noire

ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 2

Could have been anything else and I would have been stupid-excited. Any-freaking-thing-else. Instead we get a sequel to this crap? Thanks Capcom, AA is ruined FOREVER

goes and cries in a corner

Noire

Terra wrote:

There there, it's gonna be ok

The at the end doesn't make me feel any better ;___;

Objection

But seriously, I, a huge fan, am about to give up on the AA series myself. Sure, there's only been one dud so far, but when the next title is Dud 2, that does pretty much kill off my interest. AAI was a chore after the first half and the story-telling was the weakest YET. Too bad, I would have pissed myself over PW4 or even AJ2, but now I am heading out the door.

The miracle never happen.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

HolyMackerel

It says shovel-loads about AAI when I gave up on the game almost immediately after meeting Kay Faraday for the first time. And it wasn't even a conscious decision, I just put the game down after a bit of playing and haven't picked it up since.

I just want a Gyakuten Saiban 5. I really wouldn't mind if they had you play as Apollo again, since Phoenix is out of the picture.

Or like I said in the AAI2 news comments, Ace Attorney Investigations: Ema Skye. Complete with her sarcastic, misanthropic wit, access to cool forensic analysis tools, and poor Apollo as a sidekick.

Or a game where you actually prosecute. That would be crazy fun but an immense challenge for the developers. Imagine being able to call witnesses and present evidence as you pleased, rather than in response to court proceedings. That would be epic (but would be so multilinear it'd be crazy to create).

@Objection_Blaster I'm disappointed you haven't posted in the Ghost Trick thread. You know it's a new game by the creator of Gyakuten Saiban, and that it looks incredibly awesome, right?

HolyMackerel

CinnamonRobin

Umm... Am I the only person who really liked the first AAI? Honestly, I did! It was just different enough to seen kind of new without straying too far from the usual Ace Attorney formula, it had great music (Kay Faraday's theme being my favourite), and I had no problems with the story! The only thing I didn't like was how the end of case 5 dragged on and on and on! Hopefully they won't repeat that this time...

CinnamonRobin

Bass_X0

Oh, I completely agree on all points.

If they wanted the game to be longer, add another chapter. If AAI was a novel instead of a game, it would be completely ridiculous. As a game, its still completely ridiculous. I was playing the whole Ace Attorney series of games more for the stories being told than the gameplay. For the most part they do have good stories but I think everyone agrees that in AAI's case, less would be more. I remember AAI for the game that would never end more than anything else.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

kkslider5552000

I actually thought AAI was horrible (well horrible for the series, ok by itself) until the last case, which was actually challenging and I loved how hilariously dragged on it was. I'm like HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN?! which was great fun hours after I should have gone to bed.

Also it has AGENT LANG (who is like Godot awesome but not ruined by the internet overdoing it) so anything bad said about the game is invalid by default.

I don't think this is a really good idea though as what is hinted at with the ending with Edgeworth, Kay and Gumshoe seemed like it would be the perfect way to introduce them in an Apollo Justice game. Maybe.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

NFreak007 wrote:

Umm... Am I the only person who really liked the first AAI?

yes.

... but no, seriously... wtf Capcom, why can't we have Apollo Justice 2 instead? did Investigations really sell well enough to warrant a sequel? unless it's got an amazing plot and some bomb new characters (sweet christ, how many jobs have Oldbag and Butz had???), i can't see myself purchasing this game.

in fact, I can say for absolute certainty that this is going to be the first AA game since the first that I will not be pre-ordering, and good luck to whomever's gonna take on that review.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

theblackdragon wrote:

NFreak007 wrote:

Umm... Am I the only person who really liked the first AAI?

yes.

... but no, seriously... wtf Capcom, why can't we have Apollo Justice 2 instead? did Investigations really sell well enough to warrant a sequel? unless it's got an amazing plot and some bomb new characters (sweet christ, how many jobs have Oldbag and Butz had???), i can't see myself purchasing this game.

in fact, I can say for absolute certainty that this is going to be the first AA game since the first that I will not be pre-ordering, and good luck to whomever's gonna take on that review.

I can imagine their reaction

"Wait I have to review the somewhat worse game from an excellent series. NO. NO I CAN'T DO IT MAN!"

stop overreacting

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

kkslider5552000 wrote:

stop overreacting

excuse me? plz to explain where i'm overreacting, because AAI was a steaming pile of crap and I'd be a fool to rush out and buy the next in the spinoff series on day one, lol.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.