Forums

Topic: 999

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

HolyMackerel

MULTIPLE ENDING MEGA SPOILERS

@LaytonAprentice The Sudoku puzzle was upside-down because it's viewed from Akane's perspective in the past. The big reveal is that the entirety of what happens on the bottom screen is actually young Akane experiencing Junpei's thoughts from the present. When I realised it, it sends shivers up my spine, lol. The fact that the puzzle is upside-down means that she is solving the puzzle using Junpei's help across time - it also implies that Akane set up the Nonary Game so that Junpei would solve the exact same puzzle as young Akane did, so that he could help her survive.

This also means that the narrator text throughout the game was not just a means of telling the story but was actually relevant to the plot itself. So it actually is important to the story!

In the axe ending, Ace was calling Lotus over to kill her. 8 + 1 = 9. Since you finished all of the endings, you know that Ace is willing to kill anyone to get out of the game alive. His scheme to kill Lotus is hinted at in the knife ending, when you find Lotus' corpse and her bracelet missing. Ace kills you then.

HolyMackerel

Birdman

SPOILERS

@Mack - I thought in the knife ending Ace was lying dead nearby Clover and Lotus, or was he just feigning death then? Keep in mind I haven't touched that game since February.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

HolyMackerel

SPOILERS

@Birdman I just checked a video of the ending since it's been ages for me as well. You don't see any other corpses, just Lotus's, and then you're stabbed. It asks the question whether the killer was someone who wanted the number 8 bracelet and implies that the person who would gain the most from it was number 1. I'm pretty sure the one where you see many corpses nearby one another is the axe ending.

HolyMackerel

Birdman

Wait, what region's version do you have? I have a NA copy. I remember reading an interview in a Nintendo Power article about how certain things from the game had to be altered during the localization process for some reason, so it's possible the endings were altered to be in line with the changes. SPOLIERS In the NA version I have, the knife ending occurs as a result of taking door #2 (I think, it's been a while and could be #6 instead), and the axe ending is the one where Clover murders everyone with the axe found in room #1. END SPOILERS So if we have different versions, it may explain why I think you're out of your mind as I don't remember any of the endings being remotely like that, and I got the false endings a lot.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

HolyMackerel

SPOILERS
I have the NA version and yeah, the knife ending happens after you choose door 2. Clover disappears, everyone splits up to find her, June insists you call her Kanny, you go down the elevator to find Lotus' corpse, then you are stabbed from behind. You don't see any other dead people. It was the first ending I got. Lotus' corpse turns up at 4 minutes in this video, after going down the elevator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BgMiKg6vVU

HolyMackerel

Birdman

Oh, the whole time I was thinking of the sub ending and thought it was the knife ending! Now it makes sense, I guess. Not really. What were we talking about?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Blink

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat game.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

BenAV

Blink wrote:

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat game.

Can't argue with you there.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Knux

I just ordered 999 off of Amazon. I can't wait to play this game!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Blink

Anyone else see this?

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1191557p1.html

I am praying for it to come to the US. C:

Edited on by Blink

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

Knux

I managed to complete 999 and watched all the endings last night. I. Effing. Love. This. Game. I wasn't expecting it to be such an effing masterpiece. But once I started playing it, I could not put it down. The story is one of the best stories I have ever seen in a video game, the music was epic in every way, all of the characters were interesting, and the puzzles were fun and challenging. I never had so much fun with a game in ages. The true ending is still making my head spin though.

Not all of my questions about the plot were answered (even though most of them were), but I guess the sequel will possibly answer those questions. Speaking of which, I will buy the sequel on day one...if it gets localized that is.

Knux

Zach

SPOILERS!
@LaytonApprentice Nah you can take em off without a heartbeart, which Snake didn't have in his prosthetic arm. He just chose not to take it off previously so as not to arouse suspicion, or incur the wrath of Zero.

God, I love the true explanation of why you are seeing the same thing on the top screen and the bottom. For a long time it didn't make sense - why waste a whole screen? Now I know, and I am satisfied.

Zach

Twitter:

warioswoods

I can't figure out why Herman Cain keeps plugging for this game.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Platypus

warioswoods wrote:

I can't figure out why Herman Cain keeps plugging for this game.

It must be pretty good

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

SuperToad

I could never find this game.

SuperToad

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.