Forums

Topic: 800 points - for the rest of the year. What would you download?

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

TheOneBillyX

Ok, this is a real situation. I only have 800 points that I can use this week for the rest of 2010 (I'm in a developing country - wireless internet is very rare along with using wireless internet for my dsi). I have the opportunity do some downloading this week so if you were in my situation, what would you download?

TheOneBillyX

Discipledoctor

Only one game for the year, huh? What do you already have? Super Mario World is pretty awesome, but idk. What are your tastes?

Discipledoctor

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6598-7067 | Nintendo Network ID: georgethecow

Starkiller

This is DSiware though...
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again is a quality game, but it won't last you all year. Whenever you get a chance to access the Internet you can download more levels that other people made. It's a BIG improvement from March of the Minis, if you've played that.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

ErrorSupply

I'd personally go with Pictobits or Trajectile, then Aura Aura Climber or 5 in 1 Solitaire with the remaining points.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Edy6

Go with trajectile and Spotto! or Mario vs Donkey kong that should last you a while

Edited on by Edy6

Edy6

Bassman_Q

Aura-Aura and Starship Defense. If you had 1700 points, I'd also recommend Thorium Wars, but you don't have that much, so forget I said that.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

wiiplayer26

Dragon's Lair will keep you very busy until 2011. So I will recommend that game

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

TheOneBillyX

abgar wrote:

nothing, save it until 2011 then decide what to buy.

Haha, I was actually thinking about that but that would defeat the purpose of using a DSi for entertainment purposes.

Let's see, I started with 2000 points and I managed to download Dark Void Zero, Flight Control, and a pretty fun stealth game. With 800 points, I never thought about Mario vs. Donkey Kong, does it have good replay value (by itself without the user created levels)? I was thinking about Dragon Lair but I thought it would be too much of a guilty pleasure of my childhood. For some reason, I'm leaning toward Oregon Trail (only because it's a childhood game and in my situation, comfort games might be good...or I'm just in denial).

Fun fact (to show you how hard it is to get games): if I order games off amazon, it will take about 3-4 months to reach me.

TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX

Oh geez, I just read that Mario Vs Donkey Kong as 100 levels. That should definitely entertain me until the end of the year.

TheOneBillyX

Xkhaoz

Wait a sec, how are you posting? No, wait, you're posting because you have the internet right now. Well, you''d obviously want something with replayability. I've played Pop Island about a billion times and it hasn't gotten old for me. Bomberman Blitz is also a good timewaster.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Starkiller

TheOneBillyX wrote:

Oh geez, I just read that Mario Vs Donkey Kong as 100 levels. That should definitely entertain me until the end of the year.

If you get it, also be sure to stock up on user-created ones while you've got your Internet too. Some are even better than the ones that come with the game.
I do think you will get bored of the game before the end of the year, but I bet it'll last quite a while and even after you stop playing, you'll still pick it up it from time to time.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

TheOneBillyX

Xkhaoz wrote:

Wait a sec, how are you posting? No, wait, you're posting because you have the internet right now. Well, you''d obviously want something with replayability. I've played Pop Island about a billion times and it hasn't gotten old for me. Bomberman Blitz is also a good timewaster.

I'm posting old-school - via dial up. Yup, that's right. All the 56k glory connecting like a 28.8 modem - being charged by the minute and by megabyte (this could get expensive) - images turned off for the sake of speed and money.

TheOneBillyX

jdarrell

You already downloaded Flipnote, right? (It's free.)

Oregon Trail and especially Dragon's Lair are very short. Personally I'd get Pinball (500 points), but for you I'll recommend considering four 200 point games.

Aura-Aura, Spotto, SUDOKU (by EA), AI Race, Army Defender, maybe an Electroplankton... there's a few other decent ones too.

(I'll assume you already have Escapee GO, the stealth game.)

And if you have a Europe DSi you can get the 200 point flashlight app (I'm joking.)

Edit: Mario vs DK is extremely popular, I only didn't mention it because five people already beat me to it

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

cheapogamer4life

Welcome to Nintendo life TheOneBillyX.
Sorry to hear about your No Wifi problem.

Personally I would go with Pop island for the download and play feature and a good 200 point game that has "legs". If your a puzzle fan I would suggest you go with EA's Sudoku. With 5 different skill levels their is a alot of room to improve on that one. Also I hear good things about Aura- Aura Climber, (which is a action type game) although I have yet to download.

Edit: Save the last 100 points just in case anybody ask you if you got any DSiware points on your system. You'll always be able to say "yea.. of course".

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Bankai

Download Kubos - one of the few DSiWare games I'm still playing a year after I first downloaded it, and then also Spotto!

Also, make sure you pick up Flipnote Studios - it's free, and download as many amusing animations as you can while you have internet access. I have a library of literally hundreds of flipnotes, and it's always fun to go through them.

HolyMackerel

@TheOneBillyX: I feel your pain. Once we had cable/ADSL here we made the switch as quickly as possible. Fortunately that was, er, over 10 years ago. Also I can't order games off Amazon. They won't ship DVDs/games/electronics to the country I'm in. Anything else I actually can get will take 2-3 months. At one point there was some local credit card fraud going on that caused a lot of sites to refuse credit cards from here as well. That was a real pain.

I'd suggest buying 1000 more DSi Points when you next connect! And then purchasing 1800 points worth of games afterwards. But only 800 points makes it a bit hard to choose, doesn't it?

I think generally buying a 500 pointer and a 200 pointer will be more value than buy one 800 point game. That's just my opinion though - the only 800 point game I've bought is Mighty Flip Champs.

These games have "endless mode" and I keep coming back to:

• Art Style: Digidrive (500 points)
  • Art Style: Kubos (500 points)
  • Glow Artisan (500 points)
  • Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon (500 points)
  • Aura-Aura Climber (200 points)
  • EA Sudoku (200 points)

And then there are games like Pop Island (500) which are great if you have friends with DSes since it has Download Play.

I know that's a lot but you can read reviews and people's opinions to see which ones appeal the most to you. Oh and Trajectile has 230 stages.

HolyMackerel

TheOneBillyX

Thanks everybody for their suggestions. Tomorrow is the big D-day for me (I'm oddly excited about fast speed internet). I have narrowed it down to two choices:

"Mario vs Donkey Kong 2"

or

"Aura-Aura Climber" and "Kubos"

I'm going to have to flip a coin.

TheOneBillyX

cheapogamer4life

TheOneBillyX wrote:

Thanks everybody for their suggestions. Tomorrow is the big D-day for me (I'm oddly excited about fast speed internet). I have narrowed it down to two choices:

"Mario vs Donkey Kong 2"

or

"Aura-Aura Climber" and "Kubos"

I'm going to have to flip a coin.

Best of wishes tomorrow for you on your BIG day.
Enjoy yourself

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.