Forums

Topic: 101 sharks

Posts 21 to 40 of 53

ShawnWilson

I have enjoyed playing this game so far. Learning tricks and some other elements get to be repetitive at times, but there is enough content in the game with items to unlock and items to buy to keep it interesting. I feel very cheated by the fact they said 101 sharks to adopt and even though I knew it wouldn't be that many they could of thrown in the Hammer Head shark because that was the first one I wanted to adopt and I was sad to find out that it did not exist. I would have given it a 10/10 but telling me that there would be 101 sharks to choose from and giving me only 13 drops it one point. Some glitches in the contest mode and doctor mode (I draw the line right but it still says incorrect sometimes!) and (I click on all the hearts at the right time but it still doesn't take me to the part where I click on the parasites to heal him and I have to repeat it twice for it to go to that screen!) also drop it a point. Also sometimes the soundtrack sounds crackly and that also drops it a point. So my final review score would be 7/10.

ShawnWilson

Eel

About the contest, i have noticed that even with mastered tricks, the shark will sometimes mess up and do it wrong, you cant actually do it wrong yourself because your shark will simply do nothing until you tell your shark the correct command.

techncally there are "over 100 sharks" to choose from, there are about 11 or so textures to choose from in 10 different colors each. each kind of shark looks exactly the same, the change is just in the texture, it IS cheating from teyons part , i want my thresher shark to have a pointy tail but the game itself is just good enough to ignore that. I love the jigsaw minigame
A hammer shark would be awesome, but the game is pretty light for what it is (96 blocks) so i kind of understand, maybe they had to keep things simple or else we would have a 800 points game instead

edit: i havent seen the virus part either, it may be a glitch or maybe my shark is just not sick? And about the audio, yeah thats the only thing that bothers me, the tsk that is heard every now and then and the momment where it changes songs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KnucklesSonic8

My shark went to level 2 after 48 minutes so it was just a coincidence on your part. Yeah, the audio bothers me too.

KnucklesSonic8

breegullblaster

abgar wrote:

Noone else has any impressions of the game?

dosnt look like anyone here but us gives a damn about this game. too bad too because it really is some good dsiw. i think its a sleeper hit & people will soon discover this gem. its the little things that make this game so sweet. too bad we cant set up a wi-fi shark playdate...or shark fight.

Maybe...Godzilla is inside each one of us.

KnucklesSonic8

Lol, shark fights or trick competitions.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

online shark fights or competitions would be so awesome but i guess nintendo is the main reason that didnt happened.

hopefully people will discover this game before its too late (the 3ds comes)

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

I doubt Teyon was planning that. XD

KnucklesSonic8

jdarrell

I'll give it a try, downloading

jdarrell

Eel

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I doubt Teyon was planning that. XD

xD most probably,

but i heard nintendo is quite picky with the dsiware online, so why even thinking about it?

dont forget to share your impressions with us jdarrell!

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

They are... Very picky and they don't give certain developers the wiggle room they need to make their titles exemplary releases.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

They are... Very picky and they don't give certain developers the wiggle room they need to make their titles exemplary releases.

and thats very.. bad... since DSiWare is the only way i can play online with my ds, with my current internet settings.
Imagine the amount of online dsiware we would have if it were different?

anyways lets try not to get too off topic here (we dont want a mod to close our thread do we?)
I already bought 3 jigsaw puzzle skins, i wonder how many can be unlocked.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

I only have two so far. I find the Jigsaw easy but I was pleased to see that each mini-game has multiple levels of difficulty.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I only have two so far. I find the Jigsaw easy but I was pleased to see that each mini-game has multiple levels of difficulty.

Oh the third one i found is a bit harder, the textures and colors make it tricky.

also, i found a little something, one of the balls from ball fighter appear in one of the memory sets.

edit: i forgot, i actually have 4 jigsaw skins, i found another one yesterday, this one is a (apparently) hand painted version of the silly shark.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

Yeah, I noticed the Ball fighter images.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

its funny, they made a reference to one of their older games (which also made a reference to another of their games), i wonder if there are references to their other games too.
makes me wonder if they will make a reference to this game in one of their upcoming dsiwares (robot rescue 2 or that 3d shoot them up game theyre making)....

heh i fell asleep while playing the game yesterday, now my shark is 3 hours older and in very bad shape.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

My shark's at Level 3 now. How's yours doing?

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

lvl 3 still needs 2 tricks, doing national contests
i dont want know how needy he will become after level 4 xD
oh and i unlocked another set of memory cards, with blue shapes, i havent bought them though, that makes 4 jigsaws and 4 memory sets now. (funny, the painted jigsaw's preview looks nothing like the actual puzzle).

oh yeah, my new theory about leveling involves the number of tricks the shark has learned.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.