Forums

Topic: 101 sharks

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

Eel

this may be the pet game i have been waiting since DSiWare became my main source of entertainment.

Is anyone else hoping it turns out well?
I know some may dissagree but i think teyon's previous games have ranged from good to decent and glitchy, so anything is possible.

Having many other 101 pet games on their site, i wonder why the choose sharks, but i guess im kinda happy that they didnt used some cliche pet like dogs...
From the video and the screenshots of the original game it doesnt seem to be too far from the pc version, too, has anyone played that one?

Good think it will be released next monday

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Victoria

Umm? What?

Back to the original question. I too wondered why they picked 'sharks' for a pet.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

breegullblaster

ive personally had it with immortal virtual pets. im guessing that if i dont feed these things the worst that could happen is they act a little stand-offish. you used to have to actually take care of virtual pets or they would die, (tamogotchi, sea man, etc.) i realize people are more sensitive now but whats the point of taking care of something that just dosnt seem to need it? of course im just assuming here but ill bet these sharks appreciate being dressed up more than feeding time. ive got a surplus of dsi points so ill check it out nonetheless

Maybe...Godzilla is inside each one of us.

Eel

breegullblaster wrote:

ive personally had it with immortal virtual pets. im guessing that if i dont feed these things the worst that could happen is they act a little stand-offish. you used to have to actually take care of virtual pets or they would die, (tamogotchi, sea man, etc.) i realize people are more sensitive now but whats the point of taking care of something that just dosnt seem to need it? of course im just assuming here but ill bet these sharks appreciate being dressed up more than feeding time. ive got a surplus of dsi points so ill check it out nonetheless

yeah, though i think the services that rates the games and them wanting a "E" or similar have something to do with that.
If you notice, tamagotchies dont "die" now, not in the US or EU, they just "go to home planet".
Somehow companies started to belive that including death in a game that kids are likely (or is targeted to) play will affect them, i think thats pretty dumb though

Bloop.

Merilee

Gee, you guys, lighten up...will ya? I, for one, want to play a game that makes me feel good..not bad. These are supposed to be "FUN" and not real life...escapism. Isn't there enough pain and agony in reality? I hardly think sharks are a very realistic pet anyway...it looks fun and silly....what's wrong with that?

Merilee

breegullblaster

Merilee wrote:

Gee, you guys, lighten up...will ya? I, for one, want to play a game that makes me feel good..not bad. These are supposed to be "FUN" and not real life...escapism. Isn't there enough pain and agony in reality? I hardly think sharks are a very realistic pet anyway...it looks fun and silly....what's wrong with that?

yeah, i guess youre right, its supposed to be fun & silly. i guess my dissapointment lies in the lack of pet-sims that are more involving. food, water, sleep, shelter & love are neccesaties of life.

Eel

still, having 101 inmortal sharks woulnt be as challenging as taking care of 101 sharks that will die if you neglect them :3 he he

i am happy with inmortal pets mostly because the only time i can take care of a mortal pet is when i am vacationing away from home, when im in home i oversleep almost everyday and my pets die, and when im in school i just cant take care of a pet like these, being inmortal means they will be waiting for me even after a week of hunger :3

i hope teyon makes a good job with this game, i have my hopes on it. has anyone played the 101 dino ds game they released? i guess it should be similar~

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

guess what? I donwloaded it!

well here is what me thinks of it from the time spent with it.

First off, you dont have 101 sharks to choose from, they're about 10 (unless they get unlocked but its unlikely) i got it, theyre 11 shark types and 10 colors, thus its "more than 101 sharks" but you can't adopt them all at the same time, you can have 2. Thats not bad, its just cheating from teyons part.

The shark has quite a few needs (7) which decay as you do activites or just watch your shark, but it doesnt seem to be a "come back every day" game, you must be playing for them to decay, which is not a bad thing but its weird, at least you wont feel guilty for not visiting it for a month!

You can play with toys (and buy new versions of them too), teach tricks, enter contests, check your pet's health etc, everything is a minigame here, and you cant just keep playing to get money or teach your shark tricks like a madman because the shark will get tired thus balancing a bit the game.

the backyard pool has everything you need, it seems you cant move there though, just follow the shark around.
The menu and notes remind me of viva piñata, where touching an incon will bring more icons... and stuff.

The minigames are fun, if short, and varied. Contest are random events and almost everything unlocks something, if teyon wasnt lying about this then there are over 100 unlockables you can unlock and buy.

Dress the shark, feed him pet food pet him, go for a walk (which reminds me of harvest moon gb when you take a cow for a walk), minigame highscores, and other things

This is a toy box kind of game, and i like it so far

You may still want to wait for a review though :3

edit: oh yeah! the graphics are dsiware-good (the happy shark that appears everywhere is dumb though) and the sound reminds me of the music from the 90's :3
the rotation of the camera in the select a pet screen feels awkward, the other controls feel fine.

it lost points for putting the camera in a fixed place, i would like to be able to move and view the place from different angles. Maybe they just couldnt let us look behind?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

breegullblaster

thats a good enough review for me, abgar, & ill download this when i get home. where do you walk your shark?

Eel

breegullblaster wrote:

thats a good enough review for me, abgar, & ill download this when i get home. where do you walk your shark?

Thanks
well as i said, its like in harvest moon gb, where you "walk" with your cow (or in this case shark), but its just a short animation, its kinda cute though.

oh i forgot to mention, theres a timer in the game that seems to record the time you have spent playing. I dont know why but it does.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

breegullblaster

abgar wrote:

breegullblaster wrote:

Thanks
well as i said, its like in harvest moon gb, where you "walk" with your cow (or in this case shark), but its just a short animation, its kinda cute though.

yeah, but i mean, on the street like nintendogs or in water or...know what, i think ill just let myself be surprised.

Eel

breegullblaster wrote:

abgar wrote:

breegullblaster wrote:

Thanks

yeah, but i mean, on the street like nintendogs or in water or...know what, i think ill just let myself be surprised.

oh well, xD ill tell anyways, its not like its something very flashy.
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERitsariverSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

hey my shark leveled up i dont know what that means, though i think i see the difference now >.< his needs are harder to fill now

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

Got it too. Feel free to ask questions.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

Its nice to see someone else got it

but wow, this shark became quite demanding in a level

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

BTW, the camera isn't "fixed" technically-speaking. You can move it around using the stylus but I get what you mean about not being able to see different angles.

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

BTW, the camera isn't "fixed" technically-speaking. You can move it around using the stylus but I get what you mean about not being able to see different angles.

oh yeah i know, but it locks up if you zoom in , so what are your impressions of the game?

Bloop.

KnucklesSonic8

I played a bit, will play more tonight. It's alright so far.

KnucklesSonic8

breegullblaster

its a cool litle game. the interface is excellent & it keeps you pretty busy.

Eel

breegullblaster wrote:

its a cool litle game. the interface is excellent & it keeps you pretty busy.

yeah, thanks to the timer i found that i played 2 hours yesterday. It gets addicting.

to me It is a great game
but i know the reviewer will give it a 7 or less.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

sorry for double post, but i also wanted to bump this.
i think the hours you have been playing may have something to do with the level of the shark, i noticed mt shark went to level 2 after he was two hours old, and to level 3 after he became 3 hours old, but it may be just a coincidence.

Noone else has any impressions of the game?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.