Forums

Topic: So, You Can Now Ignore Users

Posts 181 to 200 of 473

Spoony_Tech

@antdickens Thanks, I've gone crazy trying to figure out why I would see an email from a topic but when I went there it was as if the person deleted it. I soon found out I was ignoring them by accident.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aiodensghost

@Undead_terror Hello, Skeletor!! Should I bring Heman and Shira to the party?

Life is to short to fight all the time, let's enjoy it while it lasts

Switch Friend Code: SW-5113-0415-6630 | 3DS Friend Code: 2123-1817-7624 | My Nintendo: Aioden | Nintendo Network ID: A10D3N5GH05T | Twitter:

Aiodensghost

@Undead_terror EAT THE PINEAPPLE PIZZA!!! It doesn't taste as bad as it looks, it actually tastes realy good!

Life is to short to fight all the time, let's enjoy it while it lasts

Switch Friend Code: SW-5113-0415-6630 | 3DS Friend Code: 2123-1817-7624 | My Nintendo: Aioden | Nintendo Network ID: A10D3N5GH05T | Twitter:

antdickens

@Maxz thanks for spotting this bug; I've now made it consistent at least. If someone mentions you AND also mentions someone you ignore you will now no longer get a notification OR see the post on the site. Before we had an issue where it was sending the notification but not letting you see it.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

antdickens

@subpopz hey, sorry for the delay man. Yeah, it's currently inconsistent. On article comments, if someone mentions you AND someone you ignore, then you won't see it or get the notification (see above). Where-as on the forums, we only ignore posts when it's from an author you ignore. To be honest I'm not sure which way is better and can see pros/cons each way. Does anyone have any further thoughts on which we should adopt site wide?

@antdickens

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

isturbo1984

Ah, the good 'ol "Can't mentally handle other peoples' opinions" button.

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

Ryu_Niiyama

Is there an issue with the ignore function? I am getting email notifications from someone on my ignore list. @antdickens

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dpullam

This was a very much needed feature. Thank you!

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

ThanosReXXX

@Dpullam Is it really? Or is the actual truth of it, that it's exactly what is described in comment #203?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Oh, @StableInvadeel...
If I look at the post above mine, it most certainly seems like yet another spammer is trying to infiltrate our forums...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

antdickens

MINOR UPDATE:

You can now "block" a user from seeing your comments/posts (aka a reverse ignore). Just visit the ignore page /user/ignored and then click 'Block' next to anyone you've ignored that you'd rather not see your own comments.

@antdickens

Zuljaras

antdickens wrote:

MINOR UPDATE:

You can now "block" a user from seeing your comments/posts (aka a reverse ignore). Just visit the ignore page /user/ignored and then click 'Block' next to anyone you've ignored that you'd rather not see your own comments.

But you will still see responses to the blocked, ignored users right? Also quotes will work as usual I guess?

MS7000

That is an interesting update. I might have to do a count later to see how many users I can no longer see. =P

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Ryu_Niiyama

@antdickens that is beautiful, thank you! Needed this a few weeks ago. Was embroiled in a very disturbing incident because an ignored user could see my posts.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic