Forums

Topic: Taking defective amiibo's too far...

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

CaviarMeths

People are selling "fully trained" amiibos for $40+? All 6 of mine are "fully trained." It takes like 2 hours to hit Lv50 lol...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

yaryah21

man people are taking advantage of the high demand for amiibos

yaryah21

Nintendo Network ID: frugaljoker

Justlink

You can tell the Luigi box was opened

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

dbobo

The only defective Amiibo I would ever buy is if there was a Mario or Luigi without a mustache.

dbobo

StarDust4Ever

dbobo wrote:

The only defective Amiibo I would ever buy is if there was a Mario or Luigi without a mustache.

Or Luigi with his head installed backwards. As a bonus, I paid some dude on Craigslist like a thousand bucks for the privledge of owning him: Now he sits on my game shelf with the others, unboxed in full glory...
Untitled

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

DharcAbsolution

dbobo wrote:

The only defective Amiibo I would ever buy is if there was a Mario or Luigi without a mustache.

I would buy a serious color defect. Like instead of Pink, Kirby was colorless

DharcAbsolution

Einherjar

I have next to no interest in defects at all. That they grew so popular is the usual internet shtick of overhyping things beyond reason.
Though i have to say, if Nintendo wants to save some cash after a while, they should sell unpainted ones. That way, they can be customized like people do with these warhammer figures. That would be something id be interested in and also further increase the Amiibo revenue, since some people would probably buy multiple figures they already own, to make their own "costume sets"

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

RedDevilAde

Einherjar wrote:

I have next to no interest in defects at all. That they grew so popular is the usual internet shtick of overhyping things beyond reason.
Though i have to say, if Nintendo wants to save some cash after a while, they should sell unpainted ones. That way, they can be customized like people do with these warhammer figures. That would be something id be interested in and also further increase the Amiibo revenue, since some people would probably buy multiple figures they already own, to make their own "costume sets"

Couldn't you just apply an undercoat to a regular one and then paint it? (not a joke, serious suggestion).

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

adrian123

I have seen so many fallenoff amiibo ūüėü

adrian123

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6799-1325

StarDust4Ever

DharcAbsolution wrote:

dbobo wrote:

The only defective Amiibo I would ever buy is if there was a Mario or Luigi without a mustache.

I would buy a serious color defect. Like instead of Pink, Kirby was colorless

An Acetone bath might dissolve the paint for you. Might also melt the plastic too...

But for the full Gameboy effect, you'll need to build a 3D sprite out of pearler beads...

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

TeeJay

StarDust4Ever wrote:

dbobo wrote:

The only defective Amiibo I would ever buy is if there was a Mario or Luigi without a mustache.

Or Luigi with his head installed backwards. As a bonus, I paid some dude on Craigslist like a thousand bucks for the privledge of owning him: Now he sits on my game shelf with the others, unboxed in full glory...
Untitled

Please please tell me you did not just blow a thousand dollars on a Luigi with his head backwards

That's several Wii Us right there

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

StarDust4Ever

Luigi Amiibo: $12.99
Superglue: $4.95
Boredom: $0

Trolling the Internetz:
Priceless!!!

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

A Marth amiibo package with an extra head within the plastic.
http://i.imgur.com/DHypvG5.jpg
I don't know about this one...

Next you are going to find a Marth missing a Head, from the same seller

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

StarDust4Ever

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

A Marth amiibo package with an extra head within the plastic.
http://i.imgur.com/DHypvG5.jpg
I don't know about this one...

Next you are going to find a Marth missing a Head, from the same seller

One swing of that sword, and heads be rolling!

I actually find it less than plausible that a spare head would get stuffed into a retail package, as opposed to one coming unglued after it's been sealed, or a figure completely missing it's head/limbs altogether.

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

id6016

Im so happy that there is still a good community for this and everyone hasnt turned into scalpers
on a side note: anyone know where i can get villager, pit, or falcon for under 20$ so i can complete my collection?

I really want Gold Mario amiibo.
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8721-4762 Nintendo Network ID: id6016

StarDust4Ever

id6016 wrote:

Im so happy that there is still a good community for this and everyone hasnt turned into scalpers
on a side note: anyone know where i can get villager, pit, or falcon for under 20$ so i can complete my collection?

I dunno about Pit and Capt Falcon, but a delorean equipped with flux capacitor would help you in getting a Villager!

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic