Forums

Topic: amiibo Collection

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,242

octoman2611

So I went along to a Nintendo event today, all I have to say is that the Animal Crossing Amiibo sure are pretty...

The later Smash Bros. series ones (Duck Hunt Dog and Game & Watch in particular) are also fantastic, Nintendo is really knocking it out of the park with the quality of these figures now.

octoman2611

buildz

@octoman2611: I really agree with you there. I can't wait to (try to) get Game and Watch and R.O.B, if possible.

"Things don't always go to plan - so don't plan, then nothing can go wrong! Right..?"

Nintendo Network ID: jBuildz17

BurningSonic

I just got Marth in the mail which makes 29 amiibo.
Smash Bros:
Mario
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Link
Samus
Fox
Marth
Luigi
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Pit
Bowser
Shulk
Shiek
Toon Link
Sonic
Mega Man
Robin
Pacman
Jigglypuff
Palutena
Dark Pit
Super Mario:
Mario
Toad
Splatoon:
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Haruki_NLI

Anyone got any good amiibo display ideas? Stands, DIY, anything? I have 43 amiibo, and more to come.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GatheredTitan

Untitled
Considering I've only been collecting for 3 months, I think I've done ok.. Meta Knight and Lucario on the way.. also need to deal with my display issue.. not just for amiibos lol

Edited on by GatheredTitan

GatheredTitan

DefHalan

@GatheredTitan: GameStop sticker = why I don't shop there anymore (plus the terrible employees)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GatheredTitan

@DefHalan: I've actually taken the stickers off since I took this photo haha.. thought it would mess up the box but they came off pretty easy.. 3 GameStop stores in my location and most of the employees are nice, but I know what u mean.. I've dealt with some really awful ones

GatheredTitan

Joeynator3000

...All of my Gamestops are perfectly fine...so, I dunno. o.o

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rexcalibr

Does anyone know where I could order something like this glass stand in the picture? Or just something similar? I've seen custom shelves and whatnot but I want something like this.

Untitled

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

This is my office at work, I only keep the Mario Party amiibos there except for Rosalina and she looks a little disproportioned with the others because she's supposed to be taller and bigger than Mario and Peach. Also have the Bowser brats, some Yoshi eggs, a star, and a Bullet Bill.

Untitled

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

They are selling them in a three pack? To be honest, out of the three I would only like Duck Hunt. Never felt a connection to Mr. G&W or ROB. I definitely need Mega Man though. I am sort of easing down on my amiibo craze, partly because I do not have room to display all of them nicely if I got every single one so from now on I will only be limiting it to characters I really like.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

I got Gannondorf today. Gotta say, he is one of the best looking amiibos. I like how big and heavy he is and his cape looks really detailed too.

Rexcalibr

Ryu_Niiyama

Dr. Mario just came in the mail today.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Rexcalibr

Updated home display. I got all the Fire Emblem characters except for Robin. Gotta say, Ike doesn't look nearly as bad in person as I thought he would judging from pictures.

Untitled

I still have Bowser Jr, Palutena, Charizard and Zero Suit Samus coming in the mail. I am really trying to limit which ones I buy now because the display is going to look cluttered and I am running out of options on how to display them on the TV stand nicely.

This may be weird but am I the only one guilty of taking a sniff on them when I take them out of the box? The fresh smell of the plastic smells good to me... Untitled I also enjoy the smell of gasoline, bleach and nail polish so I guess I'm just weird.

Rexcalibr

Pootypie

Rexcalibr wrote:

Updated home display. I got all the Fire Emblem characters except for Robin. Gotta say, Ike doesn't look nearly as bad in person as I thought he would judging from pictures.

Untitled

I still have Bowser Jr, Palutena, Charizard and Zero Suit Samus coming in the mail. I am really trying to limit which ones I buy now because the display is going to look cluttered and I am running out of options on how to display them on the TV stand nicely.

This may be weird but am I the only one guilty of taking a sniff on them when I take them out of the box? The fresh smell of the plastic smells good to me... Untitled I also enjoy the smell of gasoline, bleach and nail polish so I guess I'm just weird.

You know sniffing gasoline is harmful for you right... lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Sisilly_G

I have currently released amiibo except for the Splatoon 3-pack and Gold and Silver Mario (due to B.S. retail exclusivity in Australia and the impossibility to pre-order; so these will be the first that I'll probably have to acquire via scalpers), so I've been really lucky so far. The Splatoon 3-pack is still available in relative abundance so I won't be bothering with that until I return to Australia (I'm in Turkey ATM, so I'm having to get all of my new release amiibo home delivered). I don't know what I'm going to do about the Animal Crossing cards though. If I can buy them in a complete retailer's box, I'll consider it, but I won't be buying well over $200 worth of blind packs just to complete my collection (they cost AU$5 and include only 3 cards, compared to US$6 in the U.S. for 6 cards, which, exchange rate considered, is still a better deal than buying them locally, unless retailers sell them for $4 or less per pack).

I won't bother with the Skylanders Bowser/Donkey Kong amiibo though (these will be the first amiibo that I won't be buying). That kind of price-gouging, with no option to purchase the dark versions of the figurines separately, coupled with the grotesque Skylanders aesthetic, has put me off. I've also drawn the line at, for example, a Sonic the Hedgehog range of amiibo. The Smash Collection Sonic is fine, but I won't buy a whole series of Sonic characters. It's not a franchise that I have any remaining fondness for considering SEGA's treatment of it.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Rexcalibr

TheGreatLord wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Untitled

You know sniffing gasoline is harmful for you right... lol

Obviously... I never said I place my face inches between a nozzle or spilled gasoline and inhale. Anyone can smell it fine when you drive to a gas station.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic