Forums

Topic: amiibo Collection

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,242

TeeJay

I preordered Toon Link and Megaman from Best Buy...and also Shulk from GS. I really hope this isn't true but inget the feeling I'll have trouble getting it even though I preordered it....friggin Gamestop man...

And I am seriously perplexed that I haven't seen a single Wave 2 amiibo...ANYWHERE. At all. Not even one. And I've looked.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ryno

TeeJay wrote:

And I am seriously perplexed that I haven't seen a single Wave 2 amiibo...ANYWHERE. At all. Not even one. And I've looked.

Yeah, I can only find Zelda in my area, no Little Mac or Diddy anywhere.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

NinjaWaddleDee

skywake wrote:

Am I the only person who doesn't buy heaps of extras, doesn't go after "rare" ones and skips over any of the ones with defects? I mean really, I've had a chance to buy basically any of wave 1 and ended up with Kirby, Pikachu and Mario. That's it. I saw plenty in the shops when I got them and didn't think anything more of it. Go out today and have a look for wave 2 and there's pretty much nothing on the shelves. One store had about five Marios, one had a similar number of Pikachus and a third had nothing.

The thing is I'm happy with the ones I have but I know that some people are going to miss out because of some of this crap. I get that there's a huge demand, which I'm shocked by TBH, but when I hear about people buying multiples? Basically scamming guys by shaking the box and putting it up on eBay as a "defect". Not really impressed.

I'm there with ya buddy. I don't have enough money to afford amiibos of characters I could care less for. I got Samus, Kirby, and a random one (Christmas present from my girlfriend) from the first wave. And I only have the good Captain preordered from wave 2. If I happen to find Pit or Wii Fit Trainer then I'll get em, but I don't NEED them. For wave 3 I only have Shulk preordered. I would also like Rosalina and Luma, but unfortunately they aren't available for preorder yet. Sooo that's all for me. I'd still like Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Lucina, Ganondorf, and Mr. Game and Watch in the future. But those are the only 3 remaining that I HAVE TO HAVE RIGHT NAO ZOMG! As for other figures, I'll get em if I see em. I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on little toys (although they are nice looking and fun to have for a HUGE Nintendo enthusiast like myself.) with my entertainment money, when I could be buying actual GAMES.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

DreamyViridi

Got Mario as a present today.
...And no, I don't buy every single amiibo; don't have the money and even if I did; I'd just buy one of each.
I generally just buy ones I know I'll like having.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

OHMIGAWD FINALLY. I found Little Mac and Zelda at a Gamestop. This is the first time I've actually seen them in person.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Okay, photo tiem

Little Mac:
Untitled

Zelda: Untitled

Zelda's plastic support is discreet and minimal, which I like

Untitled

Little Mac has no support at all, which is surprising. I noticed however that his foot is comprised of 2 parts. I don't like how that looks
Untitled

Their faces actually look pretty good, considering the realistically proportioned characters tend to have derp faces. Little Mac looks more accurate than Zelda I'd say, but Zelda's dress, wow that detail.

And here's everybody I've collected so far
Untitled

Edited on by TeeJay

iphys

NintyMan wrote:

My sister went to our Wal-Mart and saw a defective Mario amiibo missing the right hand. It was clearly in plain sight.
Untitled
It's weird to feel lucky to have a defective amiibo. I don't know what we're going to do with it.

Kids, this is why you should never play with fireballs. It's all fun and games till someone loses a hand.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

MegaStoneSmash91

Just added Diddy Kong to my collection. I decided to do some amiibo hunting with a friend, so we went to a variety of stores in the area. Target had common wave 1 amiibo and some Zeldas, but nothing else. Best Buy had around the same, but more of each. Then we got to Toys R Us which had every wave 1 character except the big 3 (obviously), a good amount of Zelda, and surprisingly 1 Little Mac and 1 Diddy Kong. I didn't think we'd even see those at all, yet there they were. I grabbed Diddy since my Amazon order for him was taking a while. I would have got Mac as well, but my friend already got me one that he's giving me for Christmas. I left the store quite pleased, and I expected the surprises to end right there. We then visited the Gamestop that my friend frequents, but they had nothing outside the common wave 1 and a couple Zelda. Then we decided to check on another Gamestop, just because. There was a better selection there, and they even had a Little Mac that the guy said just arrived that day. I was not expecting to see 2 Macs let alone one. Just goes to show that you never know what you may find if you look.

Strangly enough I was actually mainly looking for Luigi. A lot of people had spotted and purchased him in a variety of places, but there wasn't a single one at the stores we visited. I do have him pre-ordered on Amazon, as well as one for my friend, so I'm not too worried. My Zelda I ordered recently shipped, so I'll have her soon.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NintendoFan64

Pre-ordered Metaknight at Best Buy the other day, which took a bit longer than I anticipated. Also, were the other wave 2 amiibos released today? I'm just confused as to when they're coming out.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SilentHunter382

I have 7 Amiibos on reserve. After I get them the only ones I will be missing are Zelda (Not at my local Argos) and Little Mac (not in any argos in Ireland). Such a shame as if I were to only get 1 Amiibo it would have been little Mac. I will be getting them tomorrow. I just hope the smyths next door to it will have little mac and zelda.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Luigi is out? I actually really want him. I haven't seen him anywhere at all

SilentHunter382

TeeJay wrote:

The second wave is officially out today.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Gamestop had better call me about my Captain Falcon today then.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

TeeJay

SilentHunter382 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

The second wave is officially out today.

Oh jeez. Now I gotta go hunting again. I can't really find anywhere to reserve him either...
EDIT: Well nevermind! I found a Best Buy a reasonable distance away to pick him up at. Guess who's getting Luigi later today!

EDIT THE SECOND: Looks like I can't buy it online for pickup, even though it says it's available at that location today. Guess I'll call them before I go or just show up and hope it's there...

Edited on by TeeJay

Ryno

Picked up a Zelda and Diddy from Target today (2 left of each). Ordered Little Mac from Amazon when it reappeared today. Was looking for Pit or Falcon but no luck.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Noonch

I'm glad to say I have 0 preorders. I snagged Captain Falcon today. Initially I set out to only buy Samus, Villager, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon. I ended up an Amiibo crackhead looking for a fix. All told I ended up with Mario, DK, Samus, Kirby, Link, Marth, WiiFit, Villager, Zelda, Luigi, Little Mac, Diddy, and Captain Falcon. I'm finally done!

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

SilentHunter382

Current Collection:
Link
Donkey Kong
Fox
Marth
Yoshi
Samus
Pikachu
Mario
Peach
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Pit

Only missing Zelda and Little Mac.

SilentHunter382

Current Collection:
Link
Donkey Kong
Fox
Marth
Yoshi
Samus
Pikachu
Mario
Peach
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Pit
Zelda

It's funny that Little Mac is the only one I can't seem to find and if I were only to buy one it would have been him.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic