Forums

Topic: Amiibo Alert Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 614

PrincessSugoi

@turtlelink This is a UK site so they're definitely experiencing the same problems as us 'muricans. I also remember seeing a report last night that all of the current wave is sold out in Australia. Japan seems to be the only place where the supply is (somewhat) meeting the demand and some people have opted to just preorder from Japanese sites instead of dealing with the mess overseas.

TingLz wrote:

I just think Nintendo may need to find a supplemental manufacturer to reprint all the old amiibo.

They need to do something. Someone has to have figured out by now that making it near impossible for anyone other than hardcore collectors that can take off work and scalpers to be able to buy entire Waves of amiibo will do more harm than good in the long run. Sure it creates a huge hype with the "Greninja sold out in 30 minutes!!!" articles but if the figures never go back in stock to take advantage of interest then what's the point of building that hype?

But well, what money Nintendo is or isn't making ain't my business. I just want my Greninja and Inklings without having to be attached to a phone, tablet, or laptop all day refreshing pages.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

LzWinky

They're still making money if everything sells out. They don't necessarily lose money directly from scalpers

However, they could make more if they made more amiibos...but this isn't "losing money"

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Justlink

@Lalivero No, but i wanted one so I could get the extra splatoon content
All I got was a single oreder of Ness and I don't even get to keep that

Edited on by Justlink

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Nicolai

TingLz wrote:

I just think Nintendo may need to find a supplemental manufacturer to reprint all the old amiibo.

They'd probably be slightly different. That would bother me a little.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MetalFace

So one thing I've noticed that no seemed to report nor discus is that gamestop is supposdly getting a new shipment of shulk amiibos for may first, also it seems these will not be able to pre-order. They've had the may first date up since the day after all shulks sold out.
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-games...

"Like a hot knife through butter." - me

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8440-5447 | Nintendo Network ID: Blue2200 | Twitter:

SavoirFaire

Charizard up on toys r us atm. Wish lucina would pop

and gone not much later it would seem.

Edited on by SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

TeeJay

Toad is up at Amazon and ships April 9th if anyone still needs him

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7O6R9E?ie=UTF8&camp=...

This' ll be the last Toad notification I think

EDIT: Gone

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

PrincessSugoi

I am officially done if Amazon US opens up when I'm in class.

DefHalan

How good are the Newegg.com and Amazon.com e-mail alerts?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PrincessSugoi

DefHalan wrote:

How good are the Newegg.com and Amazon.com e-mail alerts?

I signed up for the alert but honestly I'd trust the Amiibo News twitter and the amiibo subreddit more. They're ridiculously fast on the trigger usually within seconds of the posting.

FX102A

A load of the new ones have gone up for preorder on Shopto.

Also, in case anyone was worried, they now say they'll ship them in boxes rather than padded envelopes.

FX102A

DefHalan

FX102A wrote:

Also, in case anyone was worried, they now say they'll ship them in boxes rather than padded envelopes.

does Shopto allow for people in the US to make an account and buy things?

EDIT: I have tried to make two different accounts and I keep getting error messages.

Edited on by DefHalan

Ryu_Niiyama

LordofMentos wrote:

So one thing I've noticed that no seemed to report nor discus is that gamestop is supposdly getting a new shipment of shulk amiibos for may first, also it seems these will not be able to pre-order. They've had the may first date up since the day after all shulks sold out.
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-games...

Web In Store orders for the may shipment were submitted the day Shulk released. That's why you can't preorder. I have one for that shipment.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FX102A

DefHalan wrote:

FX102A wrote:

EDIT: I have tried to make two different accounts and I keep getting error messages.

The website has been having issues today (took ages to log in via phone and actually ended up getting all my preorders but no confirmation emails plus constant payment issues. Only realised my orders went through when I got home to a PC).

FX102A

DefHalan

FX102A wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

FX102A wrote:

The website has been having issues today (took ages to log in via phone and actually ended up getting all my preorders but no confirmation emails plus constant payment issues. Only realised my orders went through when I got home to a PC).

I am on a PC and each time I tried to make an account I got an error with the billing information. Now I have two accounts created that I cannot access.

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic