Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,777

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Wow. I can't believe he has such a vendetta against Rosalina. The reason she's so popular is because she is legitimately a good character. I prefer her much more over the likes of daisy. In fact, I hope she's in even more mario games. And lol, this guy is making Nintendo even more money, and because he bought so many Rosalinas, Nintendo will think fans like her even more! Lol.

I felt she had a good character in Galaxy but seemed pretty much shoehorned into games after that.

You know what, I can agree with you on that. I would also like to hear your reasoning as well. How exactly is she shoehorned? I'm honestly just curious, so please dont think this comment is being rude.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Eel

During my vacation on Arizona, I managed to buy Samus, Luigi, Pikachu and Peach

My amiibo family grows.

On the topic of Rosalina, she was clearly made to be cool and popular, and they have forced her into as many games as they could.

Just like Isabelle.

I still like them, though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MegaStoneSmash91

Thanks for posting these. They're looking good. But how were these even obtained? They aren't out in Europe already, are they? And are there shots of the other ones somewhere?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Grumblevolcano

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Wow. I can't believe he has such a vendetta against Rosalina. The reason she's so popular is because she is legitimately a good character. I prefer her much more over the likes of daisy. In fact, I hope she's in even more mario games. And lol, this guy is making Nintendo even more money, and because he bought so many Rosalinas, Nintendo will think fans like her even more! Lol.

I felt she had a good character in Galaxy but seemed pretty much shoehorned into games after that.

You know what, I can agree with you on that. I would also like to hear your reasoning as well. How exactly is she shoehorned? I'm honestly just curious, so please dont think this comment is being rude.

In Galaxy, she played an important role of which her character was developed over the course of the game via her backstory in the storybook parts. In Galaxy 2, her only involvement was seeing her after completing The Perfect Run and she adds nothing to the game. Sure, in 3D World she's an unlockable character but there isn't really any meaning towards it. She isn't joining the main 4 to help with defeating Bowser (he's already been defeated) or collecting stars (you can get all collectables except 2 stickers without her) so it feels like she was only put in to please the Rosalina fans (same with Galaxy 2).

Her inclusion in Mario Kart (Wii, 7, 8) and Smash (3DS, Wii U) is justified as tracks/stages relating to her are included (Rainbow Road Wii, Rosalina's Ice World, Cloudtop Cruise, Mario Galaxy).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@NintyMan I forgot about that though you didn't find out about it until after Bowser was defeated for the final time so before the game was finished anything could've caused Bowser to be huge.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TeeJay

Undead_terror wrote:

So there is this kind of person...(bad language)
http://www.destructoid.com/man-hate-buys-rosalina-luma-amiibo...

This is the same creature who made a thread some time ago about it...I honestly didn't believe he would actually buy off 100 Rosalinas. I guess he actually wasn't lying...that just makes him look 100 times worse than he already did though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

In Galaxy, she played an important role of which her character was developed over the course of the game via her backstory in the storybook parts. In Galaxy 2, her only involvement was seeing her after completing The Perfect Run and she adds nothing to the game. Sure, in 3D World she's an unlockable character but there isn't really any meaning towards it. She isn't joining the main 4 to help with defeating Bowser (he's already been defeated) or collecting stars (you can get all collectables except 2 stickers without her) so it feels like she was only put in to please the Rosalina fans (same with Galaxy 2).

Her inclusion in Mario Kart (Wii, 7, 8) and Smash (3DS, Wii U) is justified as tracks/stages relating to her are included (Rainbow Road Wii, Rosalina's Ice World, Cloudtop Cruise, Mario Galaxy).

Okay, I see what you mean. However, I think the only reason she was in Galaxy 2 is because they wanted the game to have at least some sort of connection to Galaxy 1. Sadly, Galaxy 2 was a step down from the first one, just because Miyamoto decided to give the game a much less epic story. At least in my opinion. And Rosalina helped to add that epic feel. In 3D World, I suppose you could argue that she was just thrown in there, but honestly I thought that she was a great unlockable character choice.

She gave little girls another female character to play as (I mean, would they really want to play as Wario instead?) and she also gave a nice little nod back to the Galaxy games. Honestly the only other character that I think would fit that playable 3D World role, would be Yoshi, but I feel that Yoshi would be better as a rideable character if they ever decide to make another 3D World game. I also prefer her to Daisy, and even Peach. But Peach has been there since the beginning, so I still like her. However Daisy, on the other hand, has always annoyed me, so I'm glad Rosalina is here to add another great option for little girls to play as. And the reason I keep saying little girls, is due to the fact that when they play a video game, they usually go for the female characters, or the cute characters like Yoshi or Toad. Most of the time women don't care what they play as, but I'm sure they also prefer the cute characters, or other girl characters. (Well at least my girlfriend does. She loves Rosalina, and that's also probably why I love Rosalina so much too. But she'll play Luigi if she has to.)

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

NinjaWaddleDee

NintyMan wrote:

More photos of Ike and Rosalina & Luma:
http://i.imgur.com/hTz8Xtj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IFauG9W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a1wF7ls.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Rx0cuLz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CEOTMBL.jpg

@GrumbleVolcano: Bowser's ability to become huge and powerful in Super Mario Galaxy 2 was because he had his Galaxy Generator catch Rosalina's Comet Observatory, technically kidnapping her as well as Peach. He used the power drained from the Observatory to fuel his galactic-empire-making generator, so I think Rosalina is still important to the game's story, but not to the extent of the first game.

Oh wow! Those turned out really good! I wish I had money to buy them all, but there's just too many games coming out as well.

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

@GrumbleVolcano: But at the beginning of the final level, there's a cutscene that shows the generator holding the observatory inside a giant funnel, so it's still implied.

The Rosalina amiibo looks pretty good, actually. I don't know about the Ike one, though. I'm afraid it has that overly plastic face the Marth one had.

You don't know its the observatory though, it could be any comet. As for the Ike amiibo, I really hope his face isn't ruined like Marth's.

@NinjaWaddleDee Miyamoto's approach of thinking story is not important in Mario games is really annoying and unfortunately it feels like that logic is seeping into the new Star Fox (if it's even a new one). Most of his other ideas are fantastic, just not that one concept.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64

Y'know, I'm honestly tempted to get Robin, Lucina, Palutena and Zero Suit Samus just in spite of this jerk!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NinjaWaddleDee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Y'know, I'm honestly tempted to get Robin, Lucina, Palutena and Zero Suit Samus just in spite of this jerk!

It really made me angry, because zero suit, Ness, and Lucina are the only ones left that I really wanted. I'm not even getting them all.

Akazury

Toad amiibo works in Captain Toad, allows you to pay hide and seek with an 8 bit Toad (like the secret Luigi's)

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Yoshi

They are rereleasing Marth!

Or doing something like that....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LaserdiscGal

All I really want is Robin, as he is my current main in smash (and almost identical to how I made him look in FE:A)

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

ZanderShepherd

Are they still going to release an amiibo adapter for the original 3DS or not? I already bought 2 amiibo and I want to get Robin too, so I sure hope they keep their promise and release an adapter! I want to Smash with my amiibo without having to spend all my savings on a new system!

ZanderShepherd

MsJubilee

I guess i better be on the look out for Marth!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Yoshi

Poketendo wrote:

Are they still going to release an amiibo adapter for the original 3DS or not? I already bought 2 amiibo and I want to get Robin too, so I sure hope they keep their promise and release an adapter! I want to Smash with my amiibo without having to spend all my savings on a new system!

There was small print at one point of the Direct saying to look for more information regarding amiibo compatibility on the other hardware, so I anticipate that the adapter will be discussed in the near future.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic