Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,777

iphys

Lol, this guy just showed how to totally bypass Nintendo's security. Someone could easily return one to the store like that without anyone noticing, and then some kid's going to be crying that his brand-new amiibo already has a name and it's something child-inappropriate.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

TeeJay

iphys wrote:

Lol, this guy just showed how to totally bypass Nintendo's security. Someone could easily return one to the store like that without anyone noticing, and then some kid's going to be crying that his brand-new amiibo already has a name and it's something child-inappropriate.

That's a lot of trouble to go through just to do that. The kid would probably laugh at the name anyway, knowing kids today.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

LucinaSmash wrote:

Good news for amiibo collectors

Ah dammit, I used the wrong tool to open mine

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Drawdler

@Peach64 That Peach isn't a defect, she's just floating!
Villaer is pocketing his pants.
And Wii Fit Trainer took "stretch your legs" a bit too seriously.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Eel

I used a knife to open the box from the sides and upper edges, the box can still be used for display, but I kinda wish I had seen that video before.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

Mine arrived fine. The display shelf in my local Wal-Mart looked good too, no defects or broken ones.

Looks like Marth was pretty popular. Amazon is already sold out.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

LucinaSmash wrote:

Untitled
These silhouettes better be hinting a better Link amiibo design and Samus pose

Yes, this non-Smash pose for Link works much better. Tempting to cancel the preorder of the Smash Link amiibo and wait for this new one. I've already decided to wait for the standard Mario amiibo.

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

All amiibo are compatible with Pokémon Rumble U

Wait, what? I don't get it. What do they do? Or is this a joke?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

ultraraichu

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

All amiibo are compatible with Pokémon Rumble U

Wait, what? I don't get it. What do they do? Or is this a joke?

It's real but if anything, all NFC including Skylanders, debit/ credit cards with NFC chips and some security cards can be used with Pokemon Rumble U. It just read the chip to give you a helper for a few seconds which is unique to the NFC (ex. my bank card calls forth Arcanine while my Pikachu amiibo calls on Parasect); unlike the Pokemon Rumble NFC which reads and stores data like custom moves and level.

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't mention this on the amiibo site, even if it's a small feature that always been there.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

NintendoFan64

If this is to be believed, We won't have to wait long for the second wave:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/23/walmart-says-its-getting...
Looks like I'll be getting Luigi and Captain Falcon in a couple of weeks. While I'm there, I'll also look for Villager, and pre-order a couple more amiibos and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

dumedum

WaLzgi wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

Good news for amiibo collectors

Ah dammit, I used the wrong tool to open mine

Untitled

I ripped mine in enjoyment and threw the boxes into the garbage.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

TeeJay

I just went to a Toys R Us, a Best Buy and another Gamestop and NO ONE had Marth. What the heck

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

Intrepid Youtube user Kolma has proved that Amiibo work with the previously released Pokemon Rumble U. As you already may know Pokemon Rumble U does make use of Pokemon NFC figures, but it’s not be stated to work with Amiibo. However, Kolma got various Amiibo figures working with the game and these are the characters that are summoned by the user when the Amiibo is scanned in.

Pikachu – Mesprit
Link – Swinub
Wii Fit Trainer – Boldore
Marth – Weedle
Animal Crossing Villager – Victini

amiibo work in Pokemon Rumble U.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I just went to a Toys R Us, a Best Buy and another Gamestop and NO ONE had Marth. What the heck

I've yet to see a single Marth in real life yet!

Same. Target doesn't have him either...

CaviarMeths

I went to Wal-Mart at opening on Friday to pick up Smash and a couple of amiibos. If I would have known that Marth would be sold out so quickly, I would have picked one of them up. There were plenty there at the time.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Kyloctopus

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Intrepid Youtube user Kolma has proved that Amiibo work with the previously released Pokemon Rumble U. As you already may know Pokemon Rumble U does make use of Pokemon NFC figures, but it’s not be stated to work with Amiibo. However, Kolma got various Amiibo figures working with the game and these are the characters that are summoned by the user when the Amiibo is scanned in.

Pikachu – Mesprit
Link – Swinub
Wii Fit Trainer – Boldore
Marth – Weedle
Animal Crossing Villager – Victini

amiibo work in Pokemon Rumble U.

Anything that has an NFC chip is compatible with Pokemon Rumble. Smart Cards, new iPhones, Skylanders.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Drawdler

NintendoFan64 wrote:

If this is to be believed, We won't have to wait long for the second wave:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/23/walmart-says-its-getting...
Looks like I'll be getting Luigi and Captain Falcon in a couple of weeks. While I'm there, I'll also look for Villager, and pre-order a couple more amiibos and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Aus gets Wave 2 on the 12th, so pretty believeable

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic