Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,777

MrWalkieTalkie

KB90 wrote:

If I used Yoshi on MK8 would I be able to use all the coloured suits or just the green one?

I don't know what you mean by "colored suits" but scanning the Yoshi amiibo in Mario Kart 8 will get you the Yoshi suit.

Here's a helpful guide for what each figure unlocks:
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

KB90

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

KB90 wrote:

If I used Yoshi on MK8 would I be able to use all the coloured suits or just the green one?

I don't know what you mean by "colored suits" but scanning the Yoshi amiibo in Mario Kart 8 will get you the Yoshi suit.

When I bought the two DLC at the same time it gave me the option to use Yoshi (and speedo) wearing yellow, blue, black suits/skins etc
I was just wondering if you could use them with the amiibo.

Edited on by KB90

KB90

MrWalkieTalkie

Inkling wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

Untitled
Good for those who don't like Link's amiibo design. Bad for lack of Hyrule Warriors amiibo ideas
I want my King of Red Lions bazooka

Wait, so the Toon Link amiibo won't unlock a new weapon? Only the spinner again?

So I'm guessing it's safe to assume that Toon Link will just unlock the Link Racer Outfit in Mario Kart 8 as well?

Yoshi

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So I'm guessing it's safe to assume that Toon Link will just unlock the Link Racer Outfit in Mario Kart 8 as well?

Not necessarily. Each game is different, and every amiibo does something different. Koei Tecmo just decided that Link and Toon Link would have the same use in this game.

That doesn't rule out that it might still happen, but the decision is ultimately left up to the developer to decide which amiibo does what, and if they do identical things.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Not necessarily. Each game is different, and every amiibo does something different. Koei Tecmo just decided that Link and Toon Link would have the same use in this game.

That doesn't rule out that it might still happen, but the decision is ultimately left up to the developer to decide which amiibo does what, and if they do identical things.

Well this means I don't have to get the Link Amiibo, I can just get the Toon Link instead

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kyloctopus

I'm hoping Amiibos will unlock games if certain Amiibo end up not doing much.
For example, the Duck Hunt Amiibo could come with the Virtual Console version of Duck Hunt.
Or the Dedede Amiibo could come with Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Knux

I'm going to start out with Yoshi and Captain Falcon. If I enjoy them, then I'll likely pre-order Rosalina at least. Already have Shulk pre-ordered.

Knux

LaserdiscGal

Seeing how only one out of the 5 characters I enjoy has an amiibo, I'll likely wait for a Ganondorf and Robin figure.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

JonSpangler

First deal for amiibo that I have seen;
Toys R Us is having a 3 for $30 sale. Must by three for the offer to work though, if not regular price of 13.99. Also never hurts to check, with it being xmas season if other stores will match the price, if you don't have a Toys R Us near you.

I think I know where I am off to Friday morning.

JonSpangler

Twitter:

KB90

Tesco taking pre-orders @ £10.50 here in the UK.

KB90

Drawdler

jariw wrote:

Drawdler wrote:

What about when new games that use the same amiibo for unlocks come out, though?n

Just use the amiibo to unlock. The ID of the amiibo has nothing to do with games that use the amiibo for read/write.

Confirmed? I didn't know. That's good.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MrWalkieTalkie

I just realized that these "amiibo cards" they have planned will likely be made for games like Paper Mario since it would be much easier to create collectable cards of the cast than awkward paper-thin figurines.

Drawdler

^ It's been there for a while. I got the Wave 2 pics from there

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

LzWinky

This thread has been moved to the new section of the site: amiibo. Carry on

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/amiibo/Line-up/Line-up-932319...

Nintendo UK has opened their site for amiibo, containing all announced amiibo (including 2015 figures!)

Your link isn't working, maybe due to the Club Nintendo rewards rush though.

Huh. That's strange, the website isn't working properly (it still displays the site). Also, we don't have Club Nintendo rewards, which makes it even weirder.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

SCRAPPER392

I was excited for these, at first, but I didn't think they'd be so expensive, and they would be fairly useless to me. The cards seem like they would be better, especially if they come in a pack for like $10, instead of $15 for one figure. TBH, I would have been all over this at a sickening rate, like 6-10 years ago, though. I always wanted this type of thing from Pokemon TCG or Yu-gi-oh!, but like I said, that was quite a few years back.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SkywardLink98

Amiibo will be here in just a few days...
Untitled

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic