Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,777

Akazury

Okay so I was working on my christmas/Amiibo list and I noticed that out of all the Amiibo's Kirby is the one that is sold out everywhere. Well at least I got a good list of ones to fill my shelf

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

NintyMan wrote:

The amiibos won't be region-locked according to IGN. They were able to register an American amiibo in a Japanese profile.

This'll be interesting for certain amiibos if they're Japan-exclusive. Which I doubt will happen, but it's mostly with characters like R.O.B. that I'm curious about. Will we get the grey R.O.B. as our amiibo in America while in Japan they get the white/red Famicom Robot amiibo?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Grumblevolcano

SkywardLink98 wrote:

You can't use an Amiibo while it's in it's box. The collector side of me would never forgive the gamer side of me for opening a limited edition Amiibo.

It does make sense though as otherwise you could scan the Amiibo for the unlocks and then return using those guarantees where if the item is unopened you can get your money back. Repeat the process and then you've unlocked everything for free and Nintendo gets much lower quantity of Amiibo sold as Smash is the only game so far where it's not just unlockables.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SkywardLink98

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

You can't use an Amiibo while it's in it's box. The collector side of me would never forgive the gamer side of me for opening a limited edition Amiibo.

It does make sense though as otherwise you could scan the Amiibo for the unlocks and then return using those guarantees where if the item is unopened you can get your money back. Repeat the process and then you've unlocked everything for free and Nintendo gets much lower quantity of Amiibo sold as Smash is the only game so far where it's not just unlockables.

While true, people used Skylanders through the packaging to get the unlockables and they still sold. Unfortunately for me, this means I either have to buy the Amiibos as a collector or as a gamer, resulting in me buying less (and since I only planned on buying three it may be none) overall. (Robin and Lucina I was pretty sure about and I was considering picking up a Marth too).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Azooooz

Would an amiibo card Pokémon game work?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Octane

Azooooz wrote:

As in a traditional Pokémon card game? Probably not. If they ever release amiibo cards, I'd expect them to be cheaper than the figurines, but I'd doubt they'd come in a package of 10 for $5.

Octane

Eel

The cards would be thicker than normal TCG cards or made from a different material, so they wouldn't really be legal to play.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Azooooz wrote:

...how would that work?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Azooooz

WaLzgi wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

...how would that work?

A TCG Pokémon, where you play the game using card-form amiibos against your friend locally or online using a single Wii U Gamepad to scan the Amiibo and summon Pokémon from that Amiibo. The software is free-to-play, but you must purchase card pack from the retailers.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Undead_terror

NintyMan wrote:

I'm getting a Duck Hunt amiibo no matter what, even if its support pillars make it look ridiculous.

Same, they are the only true amiibo I would want most!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Has anyone noticed the similarities in function between amiibo and wii remotes? (at least in smash bros.)

In some games like Monster Hunter Tri, you could bring your character over to a friends place and do arena battles and bring the rewards back to your own wii after and you could save your trainer/pokemon in Battle Revolution too. Also I think you could only have data for 1 game at a time.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Drawdler

Grumblevolcano wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

This kind of sucks .... http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241424-be-careful-not-to-overwrit... — So that means if I want to play MK8 you would need to overwrite the data.???

How I see it is that you use your amiibo for unlock purposes first and then solely use for Smash. For example, use Link to unlock the spinner and Mario Kart 8 Mii costume first and then only use as a FP for Smash.

What about when new games that use the same amiibo for unlocks come out, though?n

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

jariw

Drawdler wrote:

What about when new games that use the same amiibo for unlocks come out, though?n

Just use the amiibo to unlock. The ID of the amiibo has nothing to do with games that use the amiibo for read/write.

jariw

Inkling

NintyMan wrote:

I'm getting a Duck Hunt amiibo no matter what, even if its support pillars make it look ridiculous.

I'm with you!

Also, I've pre-ordered Link and Mario so far. Hopefully Captain Falcon/Kirby next!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LucinaSmash

Untitled
Good for those who don't like Link's amiibo design. Bad for lack of Hyrule Warriors amiibo ideas
I want my King of Red Lions bazooka

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Inkling

LucinaSmash wrote:

Untitled
Good for those who don't like Link's amiibo design. Bad for lack of Hyrule Warriors amiibo ideas
I want my King of Red Lions bazooka

Wait, so the Toon Link amiibo won't unlock a new weapon? Only the spinner again?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

WiiWareWave

Sweet! A friend from Nintendo's PR firm sent me a Kirby Amiibo in the mail to try out for a week and I gotta say I'm loving my Mii Kirby costume in MK8!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

KB90

If I used Yoshi on MK8 would I be able to use all the coloured suits or just the green one?

KB90

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic