Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,777

kereke12

Grumblevolcano wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

This kind of sucks .... http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241424-be-careful-not-to-overwrit... — So that means if I want to play MK8 you would need to overwrite the data.???

How I see it is that you use your amiibo for unlock purposes first and then solely use for Smash. For example, use Link to unlock the spinner and Mario Kart 8 Mii costume first and then only use as a FP for Smash.

Ohh Ok I see...Now I get.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled
First Limited Edition Amiibo?
"Could this be the first limited edition amiibo? It was found among other images sent by Nintendo to the German press.
Interestingly, the Club Nintendo amiibo survey also asks about your interest in special versions of existing amiibo characters..."
Two sources:
Link
Link

This Mario I like. I don't like the Smash Mario.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

This kind of sucks .... http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241424-be-careful-not-to-overwrit... — So that means if I want to play MK8 you would need to overwrite the data.???

How I see it is that you use your amiibo for unlock purposes first and then solely use for Smash. For example, use Link to unlock the spinner and Mario Kart 8 Mii costume first and then only use as a FP for Smash.

You can use it for MK8, Hyrule Warriors, and other games that just passively reads the NFC chip at any time you want. However, if there is another future game that will write to the Amiibo, the previously stored SSB content of that Amiibo needs to be removed first.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

kkslider5552000

This makes me thankful that I'm getting multiple Amiibo. If it overwrote saves for simple unlockables I would be very angry just at how stupid that would be. I don't know much about the technology but I'm not surprised by this limitation.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

Still not getting them, because I know that buying one means buying them all. I'd rather wait for amiibo cards, those sound cheap enough to collect..

Octane

Eel

Inb4 the cards are sold in random booster packs that never have the card you want and cost just a little less than the figurines.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Hey, two of my mains are in the third wave!

...Rosalina and Toon Link ARE in the third wave, right?

EDIT: Oh right, Robin. How could I forget him? Guess I'll still be waiting on him if I want all my mains...
I'll be enjoying Villager in the meantime. Then all mains will be together.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

Morpheel wrote:

Inb4 the cards are sold in random booster packs that never have the card you want and cost just a little less than the figurines.

Yes and some cards having shiny forms which give you lots of coins in Smash, rupees in Hyrule Warriors and an exclusive shiny outfit in Mario Kart 8!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Here's GameXplain clip on how the amiibo registration works:

I wonder how the "owner" info will be used. My guess is that it's for example a preparation for backup/transfer of written game data in the future. My hope is that it's not just the owner who can set the MK8 consumes.

jariw

Inkling

January? Captain Toad may have to wait, Shulk and Toon Link here I come!

(hopefully )

EDIT: So we're getting Shulk before Japan and North America? HUZZAH
EDIT 2: I was wrong. We're getting Shulk on the 20th of February

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NintendoFan64

Okay, I'm guessing that the fourth set will be Palutena, Ness, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Pacman, Bowser Jr., Charizard, Robin, Greninja, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus, while the last set will be the hidden characters and Mii Fighters (they'll probably just be the Miis used in the artwork). Whichever set Mewtwo becomes part of depends entirely on how soon the sets come and Mewtwo becomes available, unless there ends up being more DLC characters and they decide to just make a set devoted to them.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NinjaWaddleDee

NintyMan wrote:

The new amiibos are coming to Europe in January and North America in February.

Wait, I thought wave 3 was coming January 22nd in North America?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Sportsfan1712

I'm stuck. Should I buy the new 3DS or get all of the amiibo.

Sup

Inkling

Mario Party 10 has a new logo, just sayin'

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jump

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

I'm stuck. Should I buy the new 3DS or get all of the amiibo.

Will you use the Amiibos? Do you have or will get Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Party 10, Smash, Captain Toad etc or do you plan for them to sit on your shelf? Do you already have a 3DS and if so is Xenoblade and few extra features on Monster Hunter 4 and Smash etc enough to warrant getting it?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SkywardLink98

You can't use an Amiibo while it's in it's box. The collector side of me would never forgive the gamer side of me for opening a limited edition Amiibo.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Yoshi

Prepare for GameStop to open up all their Shulk amiibo and sell them "used" at ridiculous markups, because Shulk is a GameStop exclusive, apparently.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

JusticeColde

Why don't people understand that amiibos are like SUICA cards?
People are trashing them now because of the 4KBs of space, which is something that I would've expected considering the tech and the country of origin.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic