Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,777

Kyloctopus

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo expects the first wave of amiibos to sell out "really quickly":

"We're expecting this first wave to disappear really quickly," said Nintendo's Gil Ruta. “We’re encouraging people to pre-order theirs or be the first in line.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/retail/2014/11/07/n...

No kidding. I'm not able to pre order a Yoshi Amiibo at Walmart. Luckily I have a relative who works the Walmart night shift that can grab a shelf figure for me on the way home.

Anyways, I'm quite happy how they used Amiibos so far. Little, by little it comes to a good profit, if it isn't already by Smash Bros, and the model itself. For one thing, Super Smash Bros. is the only game that properly uses NFC. Custom fighters can't be downloaded and they can't be ported from one game to another so easily, due to the nature of this. Having a figure is the only way to actually use it to save data, and bring it to a friends house to level it up even more.
Mario Kart 8's idea is ok. But a better way to have done it would have been costumes for several characters in the game, similar to Street Fighter IV's crossover costume DLC.
For example, Waluigi dresses up as Samus, or Ludwig dresses up as Bowser Jr. or Mario dresses up as Olimar.
But I'm glad only one of these games decided to go with Amiibo costumes, as Hyrule Warriors could have easily gone that route. Happy it didn't.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Birthday_Boy wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo expects the first wave of amiibos to sell out "really quickly":

"We're expecting this first wave to disappear really quickly," said Nintendo's Gil Ruta. “We’re encouraging people to pre-order theirs or be the first in line.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/retail/2014/11/07/n...

No kidding. I'm not able to pre order a Yoshi Amiibo at Walmart. Luckily I have a relative who works the Walmart night shift that can grab a shelf figure for me on the way home.

Anyways, I'm quite happy how they used Amiibos so far. Little, by little it comes to a good profit, if it isn't already by Smash Bros, and the model itself. For one thing, Super Smash Bros. is the only game that properly uses NFC. Custom fighters can't be downloaded and they can't be ported from one game to another so easily, due to the nature of this. Having a figure is the only way to actually use it to save data, and bring it to a friends house to level it up even more.
Mario Kart 8's idea is ok. But a better way to have done it would have been costumes for several characters in the game, similar to Street Fighter IV's crossover costume DLC.
For example, Waluigi dresses up as Samus, or Ludwig dresses up as Bowser Jr. or Mario dresses up as Olimar.
But I'm glad only one of these games decided to go with Amiibo costumes, as Hyrule Warriors could have easily gone that route. Happy it didn't.

Nightmare fuel indeed (e.g. Zero Suit Ganondorf)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LucinaSmash

Just did the amiibo Club Nintendo survey. I gave them a new idea on using amiibo which is adding a theme to home menu for 3DS and, if possible, Wii U

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

NintendoFan64

Okay, I think I figured out which amiibos I'm definitely getting (and before anyone questions me, they said they were making amiibos for every character in Smash Bros., or so I recall):
Mario, Kirby, Villager, Link, Pit, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Bowser Jr., Olimar, Rosalina, Lucario, King Dedede, Metaknight, Pacman, Megaman, Sonic.
Edit: Forgot to put in Ganondorf, Wario and Pittoo.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Inkling

So I just changed my GC adapter bundle of Smash (pre-order) to the standard edition + a separate amiibo. So much hype!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

camerica1618

LucinaSmash wrote:

Just did the amiibo Club Nintendo survey. I gave them a new idea on using amiibo which is adding a theme to home menu for 3DS and, if possible, Wii U

That's an awesome idea!

camerica1618

Kyloctopus

Meta Knight and Shulk, you're mine!
Why no Pac Man figure though?

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I want Dedede and Mega Man.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

PanicPuppet

While I am planning on getting some Amiibos (Samus and Captain Falcon as of now) I really don't get why they didn't pose the characters so that they don't need giant colored beams stabbing through their crotch (Luigi), legs, or backside (DK).

They should've taken a page from the way the Disney Infinity figures are done; none of them need support beams, yet still have fairly dynamic poses.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

MsJubilee

Finally Ike and lucario!!Just need Mr.Game and Watch Dr.Mario and Palutena and i'm set.But i will admit the Meta Knight figure looks amazing i hope they keep the figures like this and they don't get downgraded like the first wave.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Undead_terror

Untitled
First Limited Edition Amiibo?
"Could this be the first limited edition amiibo? It was found among other images sent by Nintendo to the German press.
Interestingly, the Club Nintendo amiibo survey also asks about your interest in special versions of existing amiibo characters..."
Two sources:
Link
Link

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Drawdler

^ I'm guessing that's the MK8 version of Mario's amiibo, because I saw a piture of it on the official site with checkers on the center of the puck (like those on a race flag), but who knows. Won't hunt down those variants.

Still no Robin in W3, I am a sad panda I'm glad they seem to have stopped adding coloured beams to them, though. I'll probably only get Meta Knight out of those ten, possibly Bowser.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Inkling

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled
First Limited Edition Amiibo?
"Could this be the first limited edition amiibo? It was found among other images sent by Nintendo to the German press.
Interestingly, the Club Nintendo amiibo survey also asks about your interest in special versions of existing amiibo characters..."
Two sources:
Link
Link

I highly doubt that'll be limited edition. It's the placeholder amiibo in all of the pictures!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

LucinaSmash wrote:

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
2015 is truly going to be great for Nintendo.

I really hope Ike doesn't end of like Marth's Amiibo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

kereke12 wrote:

This kind of sucks .... http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241424-be-careful-not-to-overwrit... — So that means if I want to play MK8 you would need to overwrite the data.???

How I see it is that you use your amiibo for unlock purposes first and then solely use for Smash. For example, use Link to unlock the spinner and Mario Kart 8 Mii costume first and then only use as a FP for Smash.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic