Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,777

martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Sergio151 wrote:

After the amiibo madness that happened yesterday, I'm PRAYING that this amiibo thing bites Nintendo in the a$$ soon.

Y'know, it's not entirely their fault. Gamestop's servers weren't prepared to handle the amount of pre-orders, and Toys R' Us making Greninja available at 3 in the morning was just stupid. My point is, the stores are also partially to blame.

Sure these issues are part fault to the retailer but the fact all of this is happening is solely due to Nintendo's stock issues that started on day 1 (Smash launch). If amiibo were plentiful at Smash launch and continued that way throughout all of the waves then scalpers wouldn't have got involved and the issues that happened yesterday wouldn't have happened as people would preorder whenever it fitted well into their day rather than as soon as they became available.

you're forgetting, or perhaps never realised, where Nintendo were coming from when the amiibo were announced. they had no idea they would sell so well, nobody did.

if amiibo were plentiful at launch? the hype wouldn't exist, this thread wouldn't exist, they wouldn't be as cool as they are.

where is the fun in just pre-ordering whenever you like? there's no hype in that. business and marketing is all about hype, nintendo know how to do it.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Nicolai

Nintendo probably assumed that amiibo sales would be a percentage of the Wii U install base. We now know how popular they are with people who don't even own a current Nintendo console. Either way, I remember reading somewhere (possibly in those interviews following Dan Adleman's departure) that Nintendo's attitude toward the shortage is more triumphant than concerned. They just want to sell all of their units, and they're not concerned with fans who get left out.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Lalivero

Gah...this is so frickin' frustrating that I only truly want Robin out of these recently revealed/confirmed ones, a favorite, and I likely won't be able to get him.

Looks like my only hope now, as far as true favorites, is whenever they reveal Mr. Game & Watch. With my luck though, he'll be another exclusive...-___-

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

MsJubilee

Lalivero wrote:

With my luck though, he'll be another exclusive...-___-

Please don't say that,it can happen it would be a great shame if it did.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jase1981

Zach777 wrote:

SmashMario wrote:

@Lalivero It's also unfair for those who really want the amiibo of their favorite character. For example, since Captain Falcon is one of my mains, I can't find it in stores anywhere, so I have no choice but to buy it from another seller that costs twice as much obviously because it's one of the rarest amiibos of Wave 2 so far along with Pit and Little Mac.

@SmashMario I have an extra Captain Falcon I will sell you for 12.99 and shipping on eBay. It's in my house unlisted as of yet on eBay but I sympathize with your plight of Nintendo's Amiibo follies. Wave 4 missed me by a mile. Reply if you are interested. In not then, well...

I don't suppose this offer still stands? I would gladly give falcon a new home where he would be opened and played with

Jase1981

ZanderShepherd

Hi guys! I made these custom amiibo looks, and I would like to hear your opinion. I solely made these for fun. I did use a template I opened in Photoshop, but I don't have the link to it right now. I'll add it when I find it. Until then, what do you think? I know they're not perfect, especially when it comes to the lettering, but hey, I like it

Untitled
Untitled

EDIT: Just finished this one

Untitled

Edited on by ZanderShepherd

ZanderShepherd

Rob_mc_1

@Poketendo, Not bad. the only thing you might want to adjust is that the pose of the amiibo is usually depicted on the box art.

♠♦♣

TheMONADO36

They look nice, I like it when people make custom amiibo photo's and figures. Love the Eren one especially.

If you're bored and you enjoy doing it I'd love to see what a Rayman or Shantae one would look like. 😜

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

ZanderShepherd

Rob_mc_1 wrote:

@Poketendo, Not bad. the only thing you might want to adjust is that the pose of the amiibo is usually depicted on the box art.

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's often really difficult to find pictures of both a figurine and the character itself in the same pose, but I'll keep it in mind next time.

TheMONADO36 wrote:

They look nice, I like it when people make custom amiibo photo's and figures. Love the Eren one especially.

If you're bored and you enjoy doing it I'd love to see what a Rayman or Shantae one would look like. 😜

Thanks! Unfortunately, I need Photoshop to make them, which means I can only do it when I've got some spare time while I'm in school. But I'll see what I can do

Also, I found back the template. I tried using it with GIMP (which is a free Photoshop alternative), but it doesn't work, you really need Photoshop http://misteralex.deviantart.com/art/Custom-amiibo-Box-Art-Te...

ZanderShepherd

ZanderShepherd

TheMONADO36 wrote:

I sadly couldn't find any picture of a Shantae figurine, so I had to use some art I found for the figurine. I also wanted to try Rayman, but I couldn't find any good picture of a Rayman figurine anywhere, and using art of him wouldn't look very good (seeing how the 'plastic' body parts would be floating without stands). I do hope you like this one though

Untitled

ZanderShepherd

What_Sthat

Just pre-ordered two Jigglypuff Amiibo only because the exclusives seem hardest to get and I'm hoping they'll be good trade bait to get the Amiibo I want (Lucina, Rosalina, Robin, in that order). Also if they do turn out to be easy to get at least I can return them at Target and get all my money back since free shipping over 25 bucks.

Game(s) right now: Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy Maxima

baba_944

I hope I can import the Yarn Yoshi "amiibo" before they sell out in EU.

Who are you?

TheMONADO36

@Poketendo

That's brilliant mate. Makes me want a Shantae amiibo so much.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

JunkosBoobies

Prediction: On May 29th, Wave 4 will sell in less than a second, Wario being the aftermath and the only Wave 4 amiibo left. Sitting there, laughing at you, taunting you...

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DefHalan

Well I ordered Jigglypuff, just waiting for my confirmation e-mail now

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ultraraichu

Just got a pre-order Jigglypuff too. The dumb thing on my part is applying for a Target Redcard after the order instead of doing it months ago after paying 4.98 shipping for Rosalina & Luma (19.56 total).

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Ryno

I don't even like Pokemon and Jigglypuff is the lamest character I have ever seen but I am still tempted to get it because it is elusive and exclusive. Curse you Nintendo!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail from Target yet?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic