Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,777

JaxonH

@maceng
I'm replying in this general topic thread so we don't send out notifications to those watching the alerts thread every time there's a post.

You scored with that one, I would've bought one of everything! You scored Pit and Little Mac for $22 (not sure what that is in US dollars, but still)? Run that all day long. And btw, I own the MH4U new3DS, and I can tell you firsthand that not only is it super sexy (best looking 3DS to date imo) but MH4U is easily the best game on the 3DS, save MAYBE Fire Emblem Awakening. If you can score that LE for just $40 extra, I'd be all over it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

maceng

Thanks for the reassurance!! I collect 3DS (have like 22-23), and besides the Zelda A link to the world, I find this 3DS to be the most enticing one. Add to that I haven't bought a new 3DS and I'm about to give in. Some jewels in my collection are a limited 3DS peach sold in Europe (about 3,000 were sold) and a iQue red Mario (Japanese version, as there is a very, very rare American one also) and Luigi 3DS XL (we are twins).

maceng

JaxonH

@maceng
Wow that's quite a collection! I gave away my Mario & Luigi 3DS, so I only have 3 LE's plus the black new3DS I use to play games on. But they're my 3 favorite franchises- the Zelda Link Between Worlds XL, the Fire Emblem original 3DS (I would have loved the XL edition that Europe got but I can't stand having systems from other regions) and the MH4U new3DS XL. My Majoras Mask new3DS got cancelled by Best Buy. Oh well, saved me money I didn't need to spend and they gave me $50 so, can't complain really

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Nice! It looks like it's in perfect condition. Are you opening your amiibos or keeping them sealed?

TeeJay

@JaxonH It is! He has no blemishes or bad paint jobs that I can see. I've been lucky with all the amiibos I've gotten shipped over so far.Toon Link didn't have any bad paint jobs I could see either.

I have nobody to show off too, and I actually want to yse them, so I open all my amiibos. The only one I don't plan to open is Gold Mario because I want to trade him hopefully for an amiibo I missed.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Yeah same here- open all mine up. Though lately I started buying second amiibos of any I could find- I have all of them opened, but starting to recollect them sealed too. Got Sonic, Mega Man and Lucario sealed. Maybe I'll just get the rarer ones sealed- I don't want 2 of everything.

Hopefully you snuck in a 2nd gold Mario order, then you could open one AND have one for trade.

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

@TeeJay
Yeah same here- open all mine up. Though lately I started buying second amiibos of any I could find- I have all of them opened, but starting to recollect them sealed too. Got Sonic, Mega Man and Lucario sealed. Maybe I'll just get the rarer ones sealed- I don't want 2 of everything.

Hopefully you snuck in a 2nd gold Mario order, then you could open one AND have one for trade.

@JaxonH Nah, I'm not very interested in getting Gold Mario for myself because it's only real purpose seems to be exclusivity and collectibility. Like I said I have no one to show off to who would appreciate it and purely asthetically speaking, one solid color is kind of boring looking. If he unlocked any sort of special content in games it would be a different story, but basically he's just regular Mario painted gold so, not interested

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Ah I see. Yeah I kind of felt the same way, but I am a collector so I like the fact he's hard to get. I don't really have anyone to show off to either who would appreciate them for what they are (except for you guys, the N-Life community), but Idk. It'd kinda be weird having every amiibo except one. Although I was prepared to do exactly that if I couldn't get a pre order in- really wasn't diggin those eBay prices.

Question is, who gets Silver Mario? Amazon? FuturShop in Canada (they get a lot of exclusive stuff for Nintendo, steel cases and what have you)? Or maybe some retailer in another region like GAME UK? Who knows. What I DO know is I want it, along with those Splatoon amiibos (although you'd think they would have names if that was real, not just be called "boy squid" and "girl squid"

JaxonH

@TriforceCake
We're restricting posts to just alerts for in-stock amiibos in the alerts thread because people have notifications sent to them when we post. We don't want to wake people out of their sleep for random comments, so we should move the conversation here.

To answer your question, Ike is reasonably rare. Not super rare like Villager, Marth, Pit, or Captain Falcon, but I'd say if those are Rare 5, with Shulk, Meta Knight and Rosalina at a Rare 4, Ike would be a Rare 3, with Sonic and Mega Man being a Rare 2 and Mario, Bowser, Pikachu being Rare 1.

But Ike will also be in higher demand once Code Name STEAM drops today too, so that may push him into the Rare 4 category.

EDIT: If you find the opportunity to buy Ike, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat, let's put it that way. Definitely wouldn't pass up Ike.

Edited on by JaxonH

skywake

Walked into JBs this arvo... they had Mario, Link, Kirby, Lucario, Rosalina, Toon Link, Sheik, Meta Knight, Kind Dedede and Shulk. About two of each. Only wanted King Dedede and so walked out with King Dedede. First time I'd had an actual chance to buy half of them.

So patience, you'll come across the one you want eventually....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Darkunderdog
Added and invited to the Alerts LINE chat and the chit-chat LINE chat. Set notifications to ON for the alerts chat and only post rare Amiibo finds with a link please. But if you wanna talk we have a separate chat going for that, and we all just turn notifications off so we don't get woken out of our sleep.

Popplio

I need to get this out.
When I first saw Amiibo at E3, I thought they were really, really awesome. However, I thought they were going to fail like the e-Reader and the N64DD.
I'm still laughing at my prediction.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Nintendo Network ID: FrancescosYoshi

Justlink

WaddleDeeWeegee wrote:

I need to get this out.
When I first saw Amiibo at E3, I thought they were really, really awesome. However, I thought they were going to fail like the e-Reader and the N64DD.
I'm still laughing at my prediction.

I know how ya feel, sorta. Its funny. A lot of people i know said its a dumb idea and it will fail, and now they are going crazy trying to collect them all

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LaserdiscGal

Dipper723 wrote:

Who else is excited for these?

Why does youtube have a add music function that makes Darude-Sandstorm play.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Inkling

Amiibo wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Who else is excited for these?

Why does youtube have a add music function that makes Darude-Sandstorm play.

It's part of their April Fools jokes.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LzWinky

Am I the only one who noticed that Captain Toad's name was mirrored in his first shot? Obviously fake

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic