Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,777

Popplio

Mega Man is the only amiibo from Wave 3 that I want, but I don't have. I already have Rosalina, Sonic, and Toon Link. I just want him SOOO bad...

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Nintendo Network ID: FrancescosYoshi

Ryu_Niiyama

So, I'm a little ticked. I'd preordered the Ike amiibo and when I went on the release day I was told it hadn't come out. So I kept my preorder and decided to wait as I thought it was the shipment issues. Went to the the gamestop near my apartment and found out the darn thing actually came out on time. I called the store and luckily one of the SGAs was there and he told me they called everyone but me on purpose (because I'm an employee). This is after I got chastised (as in a 30 min convo peppered with emotional blackmail) for originally preordering amiibo at the store near me because it is within walking distance. Even though that isn't breaking regs. So now I have no way of getting the amiibo and my store manager pretty much lied to me so I wouldn't cancel the order. I'm requesting a store transfer this week. I've had about enough.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

Here's images of the Super Mario amiibo compared to the Super Smash Bros. ones. One obvious difference is that the Super Mario amiibo are huge in comparison!
Mario
http://i.imgur.com/WAGUwT1.jpg
Peach
http://i.imgur.com/X4QtF4x.jpg
Bowser
http://i.imgur.com/ilb0IKV.jpg
Luigi
http://i.imgur.com/SlhnXAB.jpg
Yoshi
http://i.imgur.com/jG1sFIy.jpg
All the Super Mario amiibo so far
http://i.imgur.com/rjuY5p0.jpg

Wow the Super Mario figures look so much better!They look nice and colorful.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Popplio

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

So, I'm a little ticked. I'd preordered the Ike amiibo and when I went on the release day I was told it hadn't come out. So I kept my preorder and decided to wait as I thought it was the shipment issues. Went to the the gamestop near my apartment and found out the darn thing actually came out on time. I called the store and luckily one of the SGAs was there and he told me they called everyone but me on purpose (because I'm an employee). This is after I got chastised (as in a 30 min convo peppered with emotional blackmail) for originally preordering amiibo at the store near me because it is within walking distance. Even though that isn't breaking regs. So now I have no way of getting the amiibo and my store manager pretty much lied to me so I wouldn't cancel the order. I'm requesting a store transfer this week. I've had about enough.

This actually kinda happened to me.
When Smash came out, I preordered two amiibo along with it, Villager and WFT. When I went to pick up my game, they told me that e amiibo burned in a warehouse fire. I thought it was fine, until my friend (Who was with me) told me that it may be a scam.
About 3 weeks later, I got a text from GameStop. My WFT was in, so I rushed over and picked it up. I asked them about Villager, and they told me he would come in a week. I thanked them, and left.
I soon found out that Nintendo stopped making Villager, so I rushed over to GameStop to see if he was in. I didn't get a text, but I was worried and I wanted to make sure. I tell the cashier that I'm here to pick up my Villager. She goes to the back to check. After about 5 min., she came out and told me THAT THEY SOLD IT TO SOMEONE BECAUSE I WAS TOO LATE. I DIDNT EVEN GET A TEXT! I called the manager, and we got into a fight about it. He decided to look all over the country for one, He calls, and tells me they found one in Mississippi. I was happy, and I told them I would never buy from them again. About 4 months have passed, and I haven't walked in ever since.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Ryu_Niiyama

I feel like I'm the only person that prefers the smash to the mp amiibo... then again I'd like to see a wario one so he is in normal clothes.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

WaddleDeeWeegee wrote:

This actually kinda happened to me.
When Smash came out, I preordered two amiibo along with it, Villager and WFT. When I went to pick up my game, they told me that e amiibo burned in a warehouse fire. I thought it was fine, until my friend (Who was with me) told me that it may be a scam.
About 3 weeks later, I got a text from GameStop. My WFT was in, so I rushed over and picked it up. I asked them about Villager, and they told me he would come in a week. I thanked them, and left.
I soon found out that Nintendo stopped making Villager, so I rushed over to GameStop to see if he was in. I didn't get a text, but I was worried and I wanted to make sure. I tell the cashier that I'm here to pick up my Villager. She goes to the back to check. After about 5 min., she came out and told me THAT THEY SOLD IT TO SOMEONE BECAUSE I WAS TOO LATE. I DIDNT EVEN GET A TEXT! I called the manager, and we got into a fight about it. He decided to look all over the country for one, He calls, and tells me they found one in Mississippi. I was happy, and I told them I would never buy from them again. About 4 months have passed, and I haven't walked in ever since.

I'm almost annoyed enough to go to HR about it. However my manager is trying to get promoted and he just had a kid... he at least has a reason for being cuthroat...sketchy as it is. If it were my primary job I'd be calling the DM but at this point I spoke to the manager at the store near me and she is willing to transfer me as she needs a Sunday person. It is only my third job anyway...so no sweat off my back...just really annoying. I'm sorry to hear about your situation though...it isnt supposed to be like that.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Popplio

NintyMan wrote:

Mega Man is common where I live. I live in southern Indiana in the U.S., just so you'll know.

I'm torn over getting the Super Mario versions of Peach and Bowser instead of the Smash ones. Those Super Mario amiibo look even better now. The only thing I don't like is that they're so big. They would tower over the Smash amiibo I have in my gallery! But they look colorful too. They look better in those photos than in the official photos. It just comes down to style once again, but I am reconsidering now.

I live on the West Coast.... Eh, I really don't know if I want any of the Super Mario amiibo. I kinda like the Toad one, and I might be getting Golden Mario. I would like a Zelda line of amiibo. The reason? Tingle amiibo. That's my dream.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Grumblevolcano

New amiibo TV commercial, looks like we now know which figures are meant to be common out of waves 2 and 3 (Zelda, Luigi, Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, Megaman, Sonic).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kami2Kami

Grumblevolcano wrote:

New amiibo TV commercial, looks like we now know which figures are meant to be common out of waves 2 and 3 (Zelda, Luigi, Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, Megaman, Sonic).

How does that tell you which ones are common...? I don't understand. Kirby was in that video towards the end and that's from W1.

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

Grumblevolcano

Bushido_Fai wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

How does that tell you which ones are common...? I don't understand. Kirby was in that video towards the end and that's from W1.

Because of course Nintendo wouldn't want to full on promote the amiibo struggle so only choosing common amiibo avoids that completely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kami2Kami

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bushido_Fai wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Because of course Nintendo wouldn't want to full on promote the amiibo struggle so only choosing common amiibo avoids that completely.

Yeah but how many amiibo's are there now - 36ish? They're not going to put all 36 amiibo's in a 30 second advert, that's less than 1 second per amiibo. It'd literally be flicking through amiiboS...

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

OneBagTravel

WaddleDeeWeegee wrote:

Mega Man is the only amiibo from Wave 3 that I want, but I don't have. I already have Rosalina, Sonic, and Toon Link. I just want him SOOO bad...

I just purchased him on Amazon for $18. He's the Japanese Rockman but all amiibo aren't region locked so he works just like a NA Mega Man

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

JaxonH

So who here was able to get Gold Mario due to the notification posts in the Alerts Thread? Everyone in the LINE chat got at least one pre order in.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DefHalan

JaxonH wrote:

So who here was able to get Gold Mario due to the notification posts in the Alerts Thread? Everyone in the LINE chat got at least one pre order in.

I am waiting for Stand-alone normal Mario figure.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JaxonH

DefHalan wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Really? So you passed on Gold Mario? I suppose, if you don't want it you don't want it... I know they're selling him standalone in other regions, but I was ordering the game anyways so the bundle effectively took the price down to $37 for Mario Party 10 if you subtract the cost of one Amiibo from $50 (Amazon had it listed for $10 less than MSRP a while back)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DefHalan

JaxonH wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Really? So you passed on Gold Mario? I suppose, if you don't want it you don't want it... I know they're selling him standalone in other regions, but I was ordering the game anyways so the bundle effectively took the price down to $37 for Mario Party 10 if you subtract the cost of one Amiibo from $50 (Amazon had it listed for $10 less than MSRP a while back)

I am buying Mario Party 10 digitally.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

JaxonH wrote:

I got one in. That thread works so well!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TeeJay

Look who arrived today!

Untitled

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TheMONADO36

Finally got a Shulk imported from Japan and tbh it's probably the first amiibo I've got where I've been disappointed with the paint job. I could have just ended up with a bad print or something but I'm a bit gutted, as you can tell by the name I'm a big Xenoblade fan.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic