Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,777

E_Blackadder

Just pre-ordered Toad at GameStop....must....stop....collecting....amiibos!!!

If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.

3DS Friend Code: 3540-0367-3259 | Nintendo Network ID: e_blackadder

Ryno

I thought about getting Toad, but then I stopped myself. I am only going to get the characters I really like.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

I thought about getting Toad, but then I stopped myself. I am only going to get the characters I really like.

I am collecting all the Super Mario series Amiibo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nacho_chicken

I want to get the Ness Amiibo because it's the first Western piece of official EarthBound merchandise in a long time.
If I want to preorder, do I just do it like every other game at GameStop?

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

nacho_chicken wrote:

I want to get the Ness Amiibo because it's the first Western piece of official EarthBound merchandise in a long time.
If I want to preorder, do I just do it like every other game at GameStop?

Yes

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Astraea

My Rosalina amiibo just came in today. I'm so happy. ^.^

Astraea

turtlelink

Damn, couldn't order the Shulk amiibo... Does that mean I'm SOL or will I be able to find them in store?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

MoogleMuffins

Well I've had yet another Amiibo get cancelled again. This time Dedede. (The one I wanted most).

Untitled

Game.co.uk just informed me by email they are unable to secure enough stock for all orders so mine and many others had to be cancelled.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

CaviarMeths

It's kind of embarrassing that this is wave three and Nintendo still hasn't learned that demand is much higher than whatever stock they're shipping.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TeeJay

turtlelink wrote:

Damn, couldn't order the Shulk amiibo... Does that mean I'm SOL or will I be able to find them in store?

I'm being optimistic here but I'm speculating Gamestop will restock him in April in time for Xenoblade 3D.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

courvall

just was emailed to say my shulk amiibo was cancelled from game.co.uk

Edited on by courvall

courvall

TeeJay

So! Has anyone tried experimenting with their amiibo? Like...leaving a new amiibo with a fully trained one overnight or something?

What affects do amiibo have on each other anyway?

LordJumpMad

turtlelink wrote:

There you are Turtle! >:[
You have failed you escape your fate, for LordJumpMad demands a challenge!
As soon as I get home, get ready to be Smash! Also, I have almost every Amiibo so far.
Just missing Ike,Dedede, MegaMan and Sonic, but soon they will be in my grasp.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

dumedum

Just got the Bowser amiibo and I think it is the best looking one. Simply huge, no stand, the most impressive yet. And now Amazon confirmed they will ship the King Dedede amiibo. I am expecting similar quality hopefully! Beautiful pieces of work.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

skywake

TeeJay wrote:

So! Has anyone tried experimenting with their amiibo? Like...leaving a new amiibo with a fully trained one overnight or something? What affects do amiibo have on each other anyway?

I've trained mine a few ways but I think the best way to train them is to spend a fair amount of time fighting them 1v1 with the character that they are. Some characters are better in the air, some have specific specials they're good at and some are just heavy hitters. If you train them by trying to beat them as them they'll pick up what the better strategies are for their character. The strongest characters I have I spent the most time doing 1v1, the weakest ones I trained mostly by having them fight other Amiibos.

Although interestingly the ones I trained in large groups more tend to dodge a lot. They won't attack unless you do and their first move when you do attack is to dodge and counter. The ones I trained more 1v1 get immediately into the action. So in 1v1 the ones I trained 1v1 are devastating, they rack up huge damage very quickly. But in large groups because they have to be in the action they get knocked out quickly. So how you train them does make a big difference.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RoomB31

nacho_chicken wrote:

I know, its one of the few I really want, and am just eager to jump once the pre-orders start up, but these things are even hard to preorder now, so not sure what I'm going to do if I can't even do that anymore!

Mr. B
https://roomb31.etsy.com

TeeJay

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

So! Has anyone tried experimenting with their amiibo? Like...leaving a new amiibo with a fully trained one overnight or something? What affects do amiibo have on each other anyway?

I've trained mine a few ways but I think the best way to train them is to spend a fair amount of time fighting them 1v1 with the character that they are. Some characters are better in the air, some have specific specials they're good at and some are just heavy hitters. If you train them by trying to beat them as them they'll pick up what the better strategies are for their character. The strongest characters I have I spent the most time doing 1v1, the weakest ones I trained mostly by having them fight other Amiibos.

Although interestingly the ones I trained in large groups more tend to dodge a lot. They won't attack unless you do and their first move when you do attack is to dodge and counter. The ones I trained more 1v1 get immediately into the action. So in 1v1 the ones I trained 1v1 are devastating, they rack up huge damage very quickly. But in large groups because they have to be in the action they get knocked out quickly. So how you train them does make a big difference.

Awesome, thanks! I'll try both methods! I'll also train a couple of joke amiibos to spam a single annoying move the whole match, hehehehe

Is it possible to train Fox to just spam laser and dodge the whole time? That'd be the ultimate troll amiibo >:]

Edited on by TeeJay

TeeJay

I'm just gonna leave this here.

It Morth

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Awesome, thanks! I'll try both methods! I'll also train a couple of joke amiibos to spam a single annoying move the whole match, hehehehe

Is it possible to train Fox to just spam laser and dodge the whole time? That'd be the ultimate troll amiibo >:]

Fox the biggest troll?Brother it seems you don't know who Duck Hunt is?The biggest troll in the smash bros universe!Oh i can't wait for the duck Hunt amiibo!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic