Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,777

Yoshi

But Nintendo has already stated that the Elite rewards will be download games....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TeeJay

I DID IT. I GOT A ROSALINA

Untitled

I'M FREAKING OUT I THOUGHT I HAD ZERO CHANCE

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TuVictus

brewsky wrote:

But Nintendo has already stated that the Elite rewards will be download games....

Look closely at the picture I linked to. In the top right of the box you see a circle with words (can't read), but right above that is the club nintendo logo. Looks like this is our reward!

TuVictus

Yoshi

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Look closely at the picture I linked to. In the top right of the box you see a circle with words (can't read), but right above that is the club nintendo logo. Looks like this is our reward!

No. The circle says amiibo Gold Edition. The thing in the top right says 6+. Open the link in a new page and zoom in on it.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

No. The circle says amiibo Gold Edition. The thing in the top right says 6+. Open the link in a new page and zoom in on it.

I see it too. I hope/think this is how they should do store exclusives. Rather than having a character be exclusive, just have an alt of a character be exclusive

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I see it too. I hope/think this is how they should do store exclusives. Rather than having a character be exclusive, just have an alt of a character be exclusive

I agree so for example this month's wave of exclusives being TRU (Shiny Lucario), Target (Fire Flower Rosalina), Gamestop (Swimsuit Shulk), Best Buy (Unmasked Meta Knight) instead of the actual characters being exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I agree so for example this month's wave of exclusives being TRU (Shiny Lucario), Target (Fire Flower Rosalina), Gamestop (Swimsuit Shulk), Best Buy (Unmasked Meta Knight) instead of the actual characters being exclusive.

Yea, but with the Smash series I understand why characters were exclusive. There are so many Smash characters that to get them all in stores they need to make deals like this. But with the Super Mario series, they will be able to keep all of those in stores pretty easily.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Yea, but with the Smash series I understand why characters were exclusive. There are so many Smash characters that to get them all in stores they need to make deals like this. But with the Super Mario series, they will be able to keep all of those in stores pretty easily.

I get the feeling Toad will be rare though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Operative wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I get the feeling Toad will be rare though.

It will be interesting to see how Toad does, seeing how he is the first Amiibo to be released that won't work in Smash Bros

Yoshi

It appears that preorders for the Super Mario series has opened in the US.

Now playing:

TeeJay

brewsky wrote:

I very nearly ordered Luigi on whim before I got a grip, lol.

I'm about to spend a ton of money on 2 3DS games at the N3DS launch, I shouldn't spend money on duplicate characters!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

Looks like GameStop is taking Pre-Orders on 5 out of the 6. Just missing Mario.

martinskrtel37

can't see any appeal in the mario line - the smash line is where it's at

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

DefHalan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

I like the look of the Mario Line more than the Smash Line (except Peach)

TeeJay

Well if the Gold and Silver Mario Amiibos have taught me anything about myself it's that I don't have any interest in recolors unless it's a character I don't already have. Huh. The more you know

JunkosBoobies

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Same, unless there's been confirmed usage of the Mario series amiibos other than MP10. I have no interest in Mario Party.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DefHalan

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Same, unless there's been confirmed usage of the Mario series amiibos other than MP10. I have no interest in Mario Party.

Well they work with all the same games that the Smash figures of the same characters work in.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic