3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: what ever happened to game gear and turbografx

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raptor78

21. Posted:

I do buy old consoles, I have a collection of Sega consoles. My personal example was the NeoGeo because its like gold dust to pick up one of those systems and my aurgument was that if there wasnt a reasonable way of getting those games and yet there was a demand for them which the producers wernt caterering for then people find other ways. Turbografx fx is another system I have been unable to get my hands on but the wii VC is a godsend.
If you wanted to watch a TV program that isnt available in your country is it your fault that the people who make it are not supplying the demand.
This to me is my moral grey area, I do not agree with piracy and I believe we should support the things we love, movies, games, music etc. to keep the industry alive. But I do believe that there are situations where I can with clear conscious use alternative means. Projects such as Mame as an example allow the games a systems no longer available because of CPU suicide and such like, can still be preserved. By saying that because SEGA and Nec hadnt put titles up on the VC justified illegal rom emulation was a bit flippant that is true. But I still believe that if they dont supply a market one way or another then the market would find other means.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DoctorWho

22. Posted:

Regarding the Turbografx, were we meant to be getting the games from CD version like Castlevania? That's personally the version I want though I doubt how many titles the SD card could store.

DoctorWho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raptor78

23. Posted:

DoctorWho wrote:

Regarding the Turbografx, were we meant to be getting the games from CD version like Castlevania? That's personally the version I want though I doubt how many titles the SD card could store.

Im sure a lot of the space on the CD version is down to the soundtrack, mabey if they compress the sound it may not take up too much space... I dont think we will be getting the CD games though because they are suppose to be portable VC games which means that any game that uses HUcards should be possible. TurboGrafx CD would be fantastic though.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DoctorWho

24. Posted:

All I want from the CD version is Castlevania. In fact, scratch that, just do a cartridge release.

DoctorWho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

25. Posted:

Raptor78 wrote:

DoctorWho wrote:

Regarding the Turbografx, were we meant to be getting the games from CD version like Castlevania? That's personally the version I want though I doubt how many titles the SD card could store.

Im sure a lot of the space on the CD version is down to the soundtrack, mabey if they compress the sound it may not take up too much space... I dont think we will be getting the CD games though because they are suppose to be portable VC games which means that any game that uses HUcards should be possible. TurboGrafx CD would be fantastic though.

Music files aren't that big. A full album on iTunes is about 15 MB (give or take).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raptor78

26. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Music files aren't that big. A full album on iTunes is about 15 MB (give or take).

The albums on iTunes are compressed into a digital audio format rather than raw audio files, that is exactly what I ment. As you say a whole album can take up a few MBs rather than a typical audio CD taking up 650MB. A lot of old CD games use to use raw audio files, if you were to put them in an standard CD player you could play them like you would an audio CD.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

27. Posted:

I really couldn't care less myself about these games. Them not appearing just means more weeks of other systems VC games.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

28. Posted:

I want Turbografx games on eshop so bad. The thing is, the best games (Ys 1&2, Ys IV, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the latter two of which were never released in English in their original form) are the CD games. That's not to say I'd hate to have Air Zonk on the go, quite the opposite, but the very best games may very well not get released.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prons

29. Posted:

Turbo Grafx. A system for REAL MEN.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2277-7344-8294 DISCO STU
Games: Mario Kart 7, SFIV 3D, Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D (in the mail), Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, The Lost Town

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brandonbwii

30. Posted:

I always thought the lack of Game Gear games and the Sonic Shelf for that matter was possibly part of the snafu of underselling 3DS units. It's not for a lack of support. Sega has released several decent games already, with the exciting Rhythm Thief on the way. I believe it's only a matter of time before Sega and Game Gear come back in a big way.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

31. Posted:

I wonder where the TurboGrafx is. We're still waiting for that. They will make good additions to the 3DS VC. Just make them cost the same as a high priced GBC game (same as Zelda). No more.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

32. Posted:

No. What we really need is some Neo Geo Pocket Color games...well I don't considering that I have one! Also Atari get your act together and release some Lynx games.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

33. Posted:

I don't see the point on adding Lynx games, but the more the merrier I guess. There's really not that many games released for that.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

34. Posted:

Could the demise of Hudson Soft be the reason TurboGrafx games aren't on VC?
Remember, the Atari today is technically not the same company. Do they still own the rights to the Lynx?

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miroku

35. Posted:

They should release games for the lynx and turbograpx16. They're digital downloads. They're not losing any money, they're gaining money.

With the route Nintendo's taking, it won't be too long until they follow Sega and start making Zelda games for Microsoft.

*For any U.S 3DS owner who doesn't want to pay tax when they buy things from the eshop, put your zipcode as 99551

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raiko

36. Posted:

Raptor78 wrote:

The sad thing is while they (Sega, etc) dont release legal downloads via 3DS or other means they are only justifiying illigal downloading of their Roms for use in emulators. It was the same for me with NeoGeo titles until they released them via wii's VC (and compilation retail) . Even though I played on occasion NeoGeo games via rom downloads as soon as I was able to purchase them legally and play them on a system I owned... I did.Sure not everybody would, there are always people who want everything for free, but I, like a lot of people out there who dabble with emulators because there are no other means of playing some of these titles anymore would rather play an official rom thats works as it should and did rather than something that just works.

As Usagi-san has pointed out, you can make excuses for piracy, but you cannot justify it.

Raiko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

37. Posted:

I just want YS III. I don't care if Hudson is dead, it can still be done due to Bomberman's appearence on 3DS VC.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

paburrows

38. Posted:

Raptor78 wrote:

I do buy old consoles, I have a collection of Sega consoles. My personal example was the NeoGeo because its like gold dust to pick up one of those systems and my aurgument was that if there wasnt a reasonable way of getting those games and yet there was a demand for them which the producers wernt caterering for then people find other ways. Turbografx fx is another system I have been unable to get my hands on but the wii VC is a godsend. If you wanted to watch a TV program that isnt available in your country is it your fault that the people who make it are not supplying the demand.This to me is my moral grey area, I do not agree with piracy and I believe we should support the things we love, movies, games, music etc. to keep the industry alive. But I do believe that there are situations where I can with clear conscious use alternative means. Projects such as Mame as an example allow the games a systems no longer available because of CPU suicide and such like, can still be preserved. By saying that because SEGA and Nec hadnt put titles up on the VC justified illegal rom emulation was a bit flippant that is true. But I still believe that if they dont supply a market one way or another then the market would find other means.

I have to say that I agree with you, I've never done an emulator since I would prefer not having to use a keyboard for a controler, but its frustrating ether being at the mercy of a company on when or if they will ever release a game or buying a bunch of old systems which I don't have room (not knocking those who do go that route) or even arcade games which aren't one a system (wheres my TMNT 1 & 2, Simpsons, X-Men, Avengers, Rastan and other arcade games Nintendo!!!!). So while I don't think that I'd do it myself, but I can totally empathize and its NOT just an excuse if someone does it.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

39. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

I want Turbografx games on eshop so bad. The thing is, the best games (Ys 1&2, Ys IV, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the latter two of which were never released in English in their original form) are the CD games. That's not to say I'd hate to have Air Zonk on the go, quite the opposite, but the very best games may very well not get released.

They remade those games for Playstation systems anyways, so I highly doubt we'd get them. Especially Ys IV, which not only would need to be translated, but is a game Falcom never made or sanctioned, so they probably would prefer it if people forgot about it entirely.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~