3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3 for Wii U and 3DS VC

Showing 421 to 440 of 458

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

421. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

If only SMB3 had a save feature.........

Use the VC save feature :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

MortalKombat2007

422. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well, if it gets the kids playing our games but it gets me ranting like Cranky Kong.

Edited on by MortalKombat2007

MortalKombat2007

AuthorMessage

RyanOehrli

423. Posted:

Finally just bought a new GBA SP and a copy of it for that. I need some Mario 3 on the go. (And I managed to snag a boxed Super Mario World with a manual while I was at it :D)

RyanOehrli

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

424. Posted:

MortalKombat2007 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well, if it gets the kids playing our games but it gets me ranting like Cranky Kong.

Well to be honest, its got me play more SEGA Genesis and Capcom games more often. What happen if you ran out of lives? You start a whole game over again. Imagine you beat the hardest boss you ever face then you are so excited until you ran into even harder boss then you lost all your lives? Do you really want to do all over again from the start of the game? You have to go through the boring part since you did it so many times and hopefully you learned from the boss battle. It's not easy without the save feature for old games.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

425. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

MortalKombat2007 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well to be honest, its got me play more SEGA Genesis and Capcom games more often. What happen if you ran out of lives? You start a whole game over again. Imagine you beat the hardest boss you ever face then you are so excited until you ran into even harder boss then you lost all your lives? Do you really want to do all over again from the start of the game? You have to go through the boring part since you did it so many times and hopefully you learned from the boss battle. It's not easy without the save feature for old games.

lol and those old games that needed a password to continue from were you stopped!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

426. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

lol and those old games that needed a password to continue from were you stopped!

Oh gosh...

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

MortalKombat2007

427. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

MortalKombat2007 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I never had this problem, the closest experience was Ninja Gaiden which send the player back to Act 6-1 in which the forms of the final boss do not return if defeated before the player loses. If I recall correctly, Super Mario Bros, 3 has infinite continues which sends the player back to the beginning of the world with fortress already destroyed.

MortalKombat2007

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

428. Posted:

Wow still no SMB3? Not a big deal for me since I have it on my Wii mode on the Wii U but I was really looking forward to having this game on the go on my 3DS. Not sure what the hold up is. :/

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

429. Posted:

according to some people here it's because Nintendo hates america :p
Untitled

Edited on by GuSilverFlame

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

PKpunky

430. Posted:

The delay must be due to something. I hope that by some miracele, they'll announce it soon along with a unified account system.

PKpunky

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

431. Posted:

PKpunky wrote:

The delay must be due to something. I hope that by some miracele, they'll announce it soon along with a unified account system.

I thought accounts were already unified?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Neko_Chan

432. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Only the amount of money is unified, i'm afraid

復讐は私のものになります!- 全蠍人
Vengeance will be mine! - Scorpion
この戦いは最後になります!- 奎良
This fight will be your last! - Sub-Zero
The only thing to fear, is fear itself!
YouTube Channel | Nico Nico Douga | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

433. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

It is the same account on both my Wii U and 3DS, and they share a wallet... sounds unified to me. If you are talking about cross-purchasing then that is completely different.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

434. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Technically the implementation of NNID on 3DS unified the accounts completely into one account

At this point, NoA is saving SMB3 for some special event like they did with ALttP (and I highly doubt it's "unification" since Europe and Japan already have the game)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

435. Posted:

Honestly I think that they might be holding off on SMB3 to increase Wii U sales kinda like they did with Earthbound. Odd thing is you would think they would release it now since its tax time.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

436. Posted:

I expect they are holding onto it for when a title gets pushed back. Oh Bayonetta 2 is delayed to October but SMB3 is on VC now

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

437. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I expect they are holding onto it for when a title gets pushed back. Oh Bayonetta 2 is delayed to October but SMB3 is on VC now

Yeah that could be it too. Since they have DKTF coming out here in a few days that makes sense. Save it for when there is a drought and then bring it out.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

PKpunky

438. Posted:

That's what I was hoping for, to have a cross-purchase system. Makes sense though, to hold for it for some special event.

Would be nice to buy it on the 3DS and be able to download it on the Wii U. Even if Japan already has it, they could start off with another promotion or something. They got Earthbound/ Mother 2 for 30 cents!

Anyway, this game is awesome no matter how old it gets. I have all stars, but I prefer the original graphics and sounds.

Edited on by PKpunky

PKpunky

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage

Nintendo64Dude

439. Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYRHLMHEe4
1:03 - 1:09 Whoever's in charge of the North American Virtual Console in a nutshell. The ribbon is Super Mario Bros 3 and when it cuts... that means it's released... but refuses to do that and announces a VC game nobody wants... (But first... let's release a Virtual Console game that's not SMB3!)

Nintendo64Dude

AuthorMessage

Gold

440. Posted:

April 17 2014 everybody. HYPE

Smash Bros. 4 Most Wanted (IMO)
1. Slime
2. Shulk
3. Rayman
4. Wonder Red
5. Mii

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471