3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3 for Wii U and 3DS VC

Showing 361 to 380 of 473

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

361. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@DefHalan You're assuming they even own a Wii U.... or a Wii.

Yes, but I guess if you don't own one of those then I suggest get 1. Then A) you will have access to Super Mario Bros. 3 and B) have access to the thousands of titles available that work on those systems. But if you really don't want to buy a Wii U or Wii and just want your 3DS then I will be happy to recommend plenty of titles to keep you busy until SMB3 does come out on 3DS ;)

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Blast

362. Posted:

@DefHalan LOL I understand.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

363. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

Spoiled kid in a toy store is a perfect analogy.

The spoiled kid in a toy store wants something that is actually available to be purchased, though. =P.

SuperiorTech

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

364. Posted:

SuperiorTech wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

The spoiled kid in a toy store wants something that is actually available to be purchased, though. =P.

Just like SMB3 is available to purchase

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Stu13

365. Posted:

Sending Nintendo a box of chocolates with a picture of the SMB3 cover at the bottom.

I think Nintendo games are cool, and good.
Proud veteran of the Bit Wars.
3ds friend code: 5000-2563-9647
NNID: Stu000

Twitter: Stu_Hell

AuthorMessage

Conellossus

366. Posted:

Stu13 wrote:

Sending Nintendo a box of chocolates with a picture of the SMB3 cover at the bottom.

I hired one of those Sky Writers and told them to go to Nintendo's house and draw a picture of Mario in a tanooki suit.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

367. Posted:

Alright Nintendo, when you say you're going to release a VC game before the year's end, then you should do so. The 26th was your last day to keep your promise. Did you? NO. Why? I have no idea, for I know for certain that it doesn't take THIS long to re-release a freaking 8-bit game. This is pathetic. You're making an entire generation of gamers miss out on a fantastic game. I had a good Christmas, and Super Mario 3D World and Animal Crossing: New Leaf were spectacular presents for me. However, I received two eShop cards on Christmas, and I was quite eager to download SMB3 on the 26th. Well, that ship has sailed. Congrats, Nintendo. Thanks for lying to us, letting us all down, and being utterly lazy.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

368. Posted:

SammyOfMobius wrote:

Alright Nintendo, when you say you're going to release a VC game before the year's end, then you should do so. The 26th was your last day to keep your promise. Did you? NO. Why? I have no idea, for I know for certain that it doesn't take THIS long to re-release a freaking 8-bit game. This is pathetic. You're making an entire generation of gamers miss out on a fantastic game. I had a good Christmas, and Super Mario 3D World and Animal Crossing: New Leaf were spectacular presents for me. However, I received two eShop cards on Christmas, and I was quite eager to download SMB3 on the 26th. Well, that ship has sailed. Congrats, Nintendo. Thanks for lying to us, letting us all down, and being utterly lazy.

There's always next week! :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Obito_Tennyson

369. Posted:

And here I thought that they were releasing it in September when they announced it the month before with OTHER 3DS Virtual Console titles that were released that month and September. I didn't think that they would wait three months in the system. Could anyone please tell me why they're doing this? This game has been rereleased tons of times before, so why is it taking so long for this particular one? Japan got it with no issues NEARLY AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO!! Are they trying to translate all the text that is put in the game? I'm sure that SMB3 has even more text than all Final Fantasy games to date combined.

So, Nintendo, just release and stop making us wait for no reason. If you announce the #1 best NES game on Nintendo Direct, then you can't make us wait a half a year to release it. That's just not cool...

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

370. Posted:

SammyOfMobius wrote:

However, I received two eShop cards on Christmas, and I was quite eager to download SMB3 on the 26th. Well, that ship has sailed. Congrats, Nintendo. Thanks for lying to us, letting us all down, and being utterly lazy.

They already got your parents money for those eShop cards, though. How has the ship sailed?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

www.Retrodrome.net
Top 64 Nintendo 64 games of all time

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

371. Posted:

SammyOfMobius wrote:

I'm laughing so hard at this right now.

Klimbatize wrote:

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

372. Posted:

you know what the old sidescroller elders say:

old sidescroller elders wrote:

the Princess is always to the east so that's where the plumber goes

:p

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Blast

373. Posted:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

And here I thought that they were releasing it in September when they announced it the month before with OTHER 3DS Virtual Console titles that were released that month and September. I didn't think that they would wait three months in the system. Could anyone please tell me why they're doing this? This game has been rereleased tons of times before, so why is it taking so long for this particular one? Japan got it with no issues NEARLY AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO!! Are they trying to translate all the text that is put in the game? I'm sure that SMB3 has even more text than all Final Fantasy games to date combined.

So, Nintendo, just release and stop making us wait for no reason. If you announce the #1 best NES game on Nintendo Direct, then you can't make us wait a half a year to release it. That's just not cool...

@Obito_Tennyson LOL its a shame.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Conellossus

374. Posted:

Good news everyone: SMB3 is now available in the Middle East. BUT STILL NOT IN NA!!!!!!!!

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

375. Posted:

Conellossus wrote:

Good news everyone: SMB3 is now available in the Middle East. BUT STILL NOT IN NA!!!!!!!!

A strange assumption that NA should always be first to receive a game, even if it is just a Virtual Console game from 20+ years ago...

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

KingMike

376. Posted:

A strange assumption that NA should always be first to receive a game,

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, £2.79 / €3.99 until 2nd January 2014, then £3.49 / €4.99) — Since confirmation that it's come to the latest Virtual Console earlier in the year, fans have been eagerly awaiting its arrival. It took some time but the iconic NES platformer is finally arriving, a game that's undoubtedly one of the finest platformers ever created and a stand-out in the entire 8-bit library. We'll have an updated look, but until then you can go all retro and check out our Wii Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. 3 review. This is the U.S. version of the game, so will run at 60Hz.

Europe! You're playing OUR game before WE are! (Nintendo Network still broke? Then SOME of you are!) :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

377. Posted:

Conellossus wrote:

What a shame. Guess we'll have to move to Eurasia then

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Stu13

378. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

A strange assumption that NA should always be first to receive a game

MANIFEST DESTINY.

I think Nintendo games are cool, and good.
Proud veteran of the Bit Wars.
3ds friend code: 5000-2563-9647
NNID: Stu000

Twitter: Stu_Hell

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

379. Posted:

faint wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Looks like I was correct but only the USA isn't getting it this year. (That presumes of course I can actually access the eshop to buy it.)

Nintendo are incredibly unprofessional at the moment. (Many parents will not like them much after this mess).

steam psn and microsoft all went down on christmas. just sayn

As far as I know Microsoft didn't the only problems were related to EA's servers. There was 10 mins I couldn't get onto Steam. The end of the 27th was the time I really wanted the eshop up by and it was.

unrandomsam

AuthorMessage

Gold

380. Posted:

Well, Nintendo, you lied. In the August Direct, you said "Super Mario Bros. 3 is be coming to the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console service and the Wii U Virtual Console service later this year (In this point, 2013)." It's 2014 now, hopefully we'll get this tomorrow on the Nintendo Weekly Download.

Smash Bros. 4 Most Wanted (IMO)
1. Slime
2. Shulk
3. Rayman
4. Wonder Red
5. Mii

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471