3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: SNES games on 3DS!

Showing 321 to 340 of 355

AuthorMessage

Hokori

321. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

What, no one's voting for Sega Genesis games on VC 3DS? How sad... :(
Well, I guess Super Mario World 1 and 2, Link to the Past, and Kirby Super Star are my wants for 3DS VC.

I voted for ALL wii VC for 3DS, that includes Sega master system, genesis, NeoGeo, arcade, and N64 as well

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

322. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

What, no one's voting for Sega Genesis games on VC 3DS? How sad... :(

I could see Sega bringing out Genesis/MD games evuentually after a bunch of GG games come out, and that's if Nintendo doesn't unify the Wii VC and 3DS VC with Nintendo Network. Sonic Classic Collection is okay but it's missing alot of stuff that you could do in the origional games, Jam, Mega Collection, and Wii VC.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Megajack

323. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I just hope if they do those 2 SNES games they wanted to do at e3 (SMW and SMW2), they add CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS. Seriously, SMW's controls are so broken thanks to the fact that you use B TO JUMP instead of A. In games like KDL and Super metroid, it works fine. But it's awkward for me to hold the Y button to dash and then press B to jump. I always die.

Regardless, hopefully they will rerelease the superior GBA versions with better controls. I already have Yoshi's island and it controls great. Maybe that's how we can play SNES games?

You talking about 3DS?
Y attack/B jump was standard on SNES platformers. In fact, I thought it was weird when Super Metroid broke that tradition with the default controls (luckily it had a config menu). A and X were typically used as the secondary buttons. My guess is they were expecting you to hold the controller with your thumb angled towards the Y and B buttons. I just got used to it.

Regardless, I do think customizable controls is something Nintendo could've and should've done with VC games.

Yes about the Super Metroid thing. :p I agree it was weird they did that. I set my controls on Super Metroid over to:

Y = Shoot
B = Jump
A = Dash
X = Switch weapon
Select = Default weapon
:p That's just me but it might be because I played Super Mario World first.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

324. Posted:

I would set it to:

Y: Shoot
B: Jump
X: Dash
A: Default weapon
Select: Switch

Sadly I don't have Super metroid, so I can't explain how these controls do... I just know that SMW and Super mario kart are both plagued by this terrible control problem. Seriously, why B to GO instead of A or Y?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Megajack

325. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I would set it to:

Y: Shoot
B: Jump
X: Dash
A: Default weapon
Select: Switch

Sadly I don't have Super metroid, so I can't explain how these controls do... I just know that SMW and Super mario kart are both plagued by this terrible control problem. Seriously, why B to GO instead of A or Y?

Yeah, that's a good point. :| You reminded me why I don't like Super Mario Kart that much and it gathering dust on my shelf. :p The controls suck. But if it came to 3DS VC, they would probably fix the controls. And maybe add online play! :D

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Raiko

326. Posted:

Mario Kart should be a 3D Classics title with online support. That would surely sell by the bucket load.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Knux

327. Posted:

I would love to see SNES and Genesis games on the 3DS VC. It's certainly more than possible to emulate them on the 3DS. But I'm not going to get excited until I actually see them on the VC. I would kill for Super Metroid being a 3D Classic though. :O

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

328. Posted:

It would be great to see snes and megadrive games on the 3DS they would be given a new lease of life plus they could add online content to them .

I believe street fighter on the mega drive for wii VC recently had online play added if im correct

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

329. Posted:

@Knux that would be AWESOME! I'd like to see F-Zero as a 3D classic as well, though that could scram up your eyes..

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't check up these forums once in a while, to see what fans wish for. Such a simple way to earn the cash

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

330. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

@Knux that would be AWESOME! I'd like to see F-Zero as a 3D classic as well, though that could scram up your eyes..

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't check up these forums once in a while, to see what fans wish for. Such a simple way to earn the cash

[Facepalm]

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

331. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

Because Nintendo isn't a money hungry company. Unlike Microsoft and Capcom.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

skyyye

332. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I would kill for Super Metroid being a 3D Classic though. :O

100% agree!!!

Maybe I wish Nintendo was a more money-hungry company...:)

skyyye

AuthorMessage

Megajack

333. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

Mario Kart should be a 3D Classics title with online support. That would surely sell by the bucket load.

YESH!!!! :D

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

334. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

Ehhh.... Probably don't have time...

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

DRL

335. Posted:

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to download SNES games on my 3DS. I'm realizing more and more that I prefer to play platformers on a handheld as opposed to the TV and the SNES had no shortage of great 2D platformers. Give me the Donkey Kong Country series ASAP, please.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Megajack

336. Posted:

Really? :| I'm the opposite actually. I like platformers on the TV more. :p But racing games on handheld more. XD @DRL

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

337. Posted:

I think all genres work better on handheld

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Megajack

338. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

I think all genres work better on handheld

Even first person shooters!? :O

( We need Doom on the 3DS. JK. IMO it was only cool because the red cartridge. )

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

339. Posted:

I just finished Kirby's Dream Land 3 and that game would be perfect in 3D! I loved the layered effect it gives.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

340. Posted:

mega wrote:

Raiko wrote:

YESH!!!! :D

Except there's the far-superior Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky