Forums

Topic: SNES games on 3DS!

Posts 301 to 320 of 347

Spagem

Well either way, I agree that GBA or SNES version of Link to the Past should be on 3DS VC. Day 1 buy for me... ( If I had the money at the time )

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

skyyye

All I really, really want in the VC at this point is Super Metroid and ALttP. Ultimately I'll get them on my 3ds one way or another (even if end up paying $40 for a flashcart). But I would much rather that the money go to Nintendo! Plus even more if they make them be in 3D!

C'mon NoA, I don't know how much longer I can hold out for you...

skyyye

CrazyOtto

skyyye wrote:

All I really, really want in the VC at this point is Super Metroid and ALttP. Ultimately I'll get them on my 3ds one way or another (even if end up paying $40 for a flashcart). But I would much rather that the money go to Nintendo! Plus even more if they make them be in 3D!

For LttP, they'll probably release the GBA version

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Spagem

skyyye wrote:

Yeah same here but only for Super Metroid. I actually WOULD buy a $40 dollar game cart of Super Metroid for DS or 3DS.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Mr-Metroid

Yeah same here but only for Super Metroid. I actually WOULD buy a $40 dollar game cart of Super Metroid for DS or 3DS.

I would too. But maybe not on DS. I would like to see a 3-D version of Super Metroid.

Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs?
Everyone with two thumbs!

Spagem

Mr-Metroid wrote:

I would too. But maybe not on DS. I would like to see a 3-D version of Super Metroid.

I could actually care less if Super Metroid was in 3-D or not. But I would rather it be in 3-D just so it would get more sales.

Spagem

akabenjy

Mr-Metroid wrote:

What about a VC release of Metroid Zero Mission on the GBA. That is one of the best remakes I've ever played.

akabenjy

Spagem

Zero Mission is great! But personally I think Super Metroid is better. But if they never do Super Metroid I hope they will at least release Zero Mission on 3DS VC... But that's besides the point... ( Its a GBA game )

Spagem

Arminillo

3D classic Chrono Trigger
also DKC Trilogy ( not counting Returns)

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Spagem

Forgot about DKcountry series...

Spagem

TheDreamingHawk

I just hope if they do those 2 SNES games they wanted to do at e3 (SMW and SMW2), they add CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS. Seriously, SMW's controls are so broken thanks to the fact that you use B TO JUMP instead of A. In games like KDL and Super metroid, it works fine. But it's awkward for me to hold the Y button to dash and then press B to jump. I always die.

Regardless, hopefully they will rerelease the superior GBA versions with better controls. I already have Yoshi's island and it controls great. Maybe that's how we can play SNES games?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Spagem

Regardless, hopefully they will rerelease the superior GBA versions with better controls.

Exactly what I was going to reply back until you said it your self. And as much as I do want SNES games on the 3DS VC, I agree the only way will most likely be the SNES, GBA ports.

Spagem

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I just hope if they do those 2 SNES games they wanted to do at e3 (SMW and SMW2), they add CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS. Seriously, SMW's controls are so broken thanks to the fact that you use B TO JUMP instead of A. In games like KDL and Super metroid, it works fine. But it's awkward for me to hold the Y button to dash and then press B to jump. I always die.

Regardless, hopefully they will rerelease the superior GBA versions with better controls. I already have Yoshi's island and it controls great. Maybe that's how we can play SNES games?

You talking about 3DS?
Y attack/B jump was standard on SNES platformers. In fact, I thought it was weird when Super Metroid broke that tradition with the default controls (luckily it had a config menu). A and X were typically used as the secondary buttons. My guess is they were expecting you to hold the controller with your thumb angled towards the Y and B buttons. I just got used to it.

Regardless, I do think customizable controls is something Nintendo could've and should've done with VC games.

KingMike

SammyOfMobius

What, no one's voting for Sega Genesis games on VC 3DS? How sad...
Well, I guess Super Mario World 1 and 2, Link to the Past, and Kirby Super Star are my wants for 3DS VC.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Hokori

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Well, I guess Super Mario World 1 and 2, Link to the Past, and Kirby Super Star are my wants for 3DS VC.

I voted for ALL wii VC for 3DS, that includes Sega master system, genesis, NeoGeo, arcade, and N64 as well

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CrazyOtto

MultiMariosonic wrote:

I could see Sega bringing out Genesis/MD games evuentually after a bunch of GG games come out, and that's if Nintendo doesn't unify the Wii VC and 3DS VC with Nintendo Network. Sonic Classic Collection is okay but it's missing alot of stuff that you could do in the origional games, Jam, Mega Collection, and Wii VC.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Spagem

KingMike wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

You talking about 3DS?
Y attack/B jump was standard on SNES platformers. In fact, I thought it was weird when Super Metroid broke that tradition with the default controls (luckily it had a config menu). A and X were typically used as the secondary buttons. My guess is they were expecting you to hold the controller with your thumb angled towards the Y and B buttons. I just got used to it.

Regardless, I do think customizable controls is something Nintendo could've and should've done with VC games.

Yes about the Super Metroid thing. I agree it was weird they did that. I set my controls on Super Metroid over to:

Y = Shoot
B = Jump
A = Dash
X = Switch weapon
Select = Default weapon
That's just me but it might be because I played Super Mario World first.

Spagem

TheDreamingHawk

I would set it to:

Y: Shoot
B: Jump
X: Dash
A: Default weapon
Select: Switch

Sadly I don't have Super metroid, so I can't explain how these controls do... I just know that SMW and Super mario kart are both plagued by this terrible control problem. Seriously, why B to GO instead of A or Y?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Spagem

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I would set it to:

Y: Shoot
B: Jump
X: Dash
A: Default weapon
Select: Switch

Sadly I don't have Super metroid, so I can't explain how these controls do... I just know that SMW and Super mario kart are both plagued by this terrible control problem. Seriously, why B to GO instead of A or Y?

Yeah, that's a good point. You reminded me why I don't like Super Mario Kart that much and it gathering dust on my shelf. The controls suck. But if it came to 3DS VC, they would probably fix the controls. And maybe add online play!

Spagem

Knux

I would love to see SNES and Genesis games on the 3DS VC. It's certainly more than possible to emulate them on the 3DS. But I'm not going to get excited until I actually see them on the VC. I would kill for Super Metroid being a 3D Classic though.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.