3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: SNES games on 3DS!

Showing 161 to 180 of 355

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

161. Posted:

But geno was the best part! He had a sky laser, could transform into a cannon and played frisby! And I agree on fusion :3

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

162. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

nooooo not Geno! i like him :(

But he is a magician. In a MARIO game. I don't have any major problems with that, but it seems a little out of place. Why couldn't you use the stars for magic instead? It's like they are trying to make it a square game.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

163. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk: he's based on a child's doll, that's why he looks the way he does. he couldn't help the choice he made; after all, the other dolls Gaz owned were Bowser, Mario, Toadstool, etc. — all existing characters in the SMRPG world. Geno was the only original form the star-person could possibly have taken, and he states later in the game that he knows about all of the Mario characters iirc (and so do the rest of the star-people who watch over Star Road), so it had to have been a conscious choice to choose the Geno doll over one of the others.

As for magic use, you'll note that Mallow was also a magician of sorts, and I don't see you angling for him not to have been in the game either. There were a lot of original elements introduced in SMRPG that helped pave the way for the Paper Mario and Mario&Luigi games... the RPGs aren't your typical MARIO game and can't really be held to the same stringent 'plumber good, mushroom good, turtle bad' standards. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

mega

164. Posted:

And I think the only thing that needs to be "dropped" is the Super Metroid arguement. I'd take Fusion over Super any day.

[/quote]
NOOOOOO!!!!! Fusion is the worst 2D side scrolling metroid game ever! While Super Metroid is the BEST 2D side scrolling game ever!!!!! Anyways. The topic is SNES games. SuperMetroid = SNES
Fusion = GBA

3DS FC: 2406 - 5638 - 4729
Wii U/NNID: smp1998
XBL: KAME3999

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

165. Posted:

Also, if magicians are out of place for Mario games, then what are MagiKoopas? Are they out of touch?

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Chuie

166. Posted:

:O geno stays geno stays i always use him

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

167. Posted:

@TBD I could do without Mallow. Too much crying. And his atack was hitting things with a big stick.

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Chuie

168. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@TBD I could do without Mallow. Too much crying. And his atack was hitting things with a big stick.

ik mallow isnt the greatest but the game woudlnt be right with out him this was one of my favorite classics and if it hits the 3ds VC im buying it day 1

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

mega

169. Posted:

I'm out of the loop. XD I've never played mario RPG. Maybe they will put it on 3DS VC. I hope so. I would buy it day 1.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

170. Posted:

mega wrote:

And I think the only thing that needs to be "dropped" is the Super Metroid arguement. I'd take Fusion over Super any day.

NOOOOOO!!!!! Fusion is the worst 2D side scrolling metroid game ever! While Super Metroid is the BEST 2D side scrolling game ever!!!!! Anyways. The topic is SNES games. SuperMetroid = SNES
Fusion = GBA

[/quote]

It's better than II, which was a maze.

Anyway, about Geno: I do think he is a cool character for the game in general, but considering how some many people want him in SSB4 for a weird reason, it makes me wonder what's great about him besides him being so much like a squaresoft character.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

171. Posted:

cause geno would be great for geno his big moment was in a mario game with square helping them on it and now square could dibs on geno which s not fair cause he was going to be in SSBB from what i saw but square wouldnt let him so now there hopeing will let him in for SSB4 the only games he appeared in was 2 mario games SMRPG and mario & luigi super star saga so i see geno as a nintendo character more then a square character

Edited on by Chuie

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

mega

172. Posted:

But were not talking about 2 are we? were talking about fusion and Super. Super is better. Check almost ANY review. Super will have a higher rating then fusion. @TheDreamingHawk

AuthorMessage

mega

173. Posted:

I want Streetfighter2 turbo on sooo bad. ToT

AuthorMessage

mega

174. Posted:

Guys? Is my avatar megaman? or aton of nintendo NES characters? Cause I wanted to change my avatar...

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

175. Posted:

mega wrote:

But were not talking about 2 are we? were talking about fusion and Super. Super is better. Check almost ANY review. Super will have a higher rating then
fusion. @TheDreamingHawk

Reviews are never fully valid. It's a little thing called Opinion.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

176. Posted:

this thread is what do you want snes games do you want to see on the 3ds vc not whats better fusion or super thats for anouther thread which is sonic vs mario right now check with @emaan and put a request for that http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/retro/super_mario_world_vs...

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

177. Posted:

mega wrote:

But were not talking about 2 are we? were talking about fusion and Super. Super is better. Check almost ANY review. Super will have a higher rating then fusion. @TheDreamingHawk

Actually, Metroid 2 was fairly linear like fusion, both still had the maze aspects of the original, as well as Super Metroid. But I would love to see Nintendo make Super Metroid into a 3D classic, problem is that nintendo already said it'd take longer to do SNES games because they are more grapical than NES games and have more layers to them i.e. scrolling/ moving backgrounds.
As of recently, There was talk about Earthbound, Satoru Iwata said he talked to Shigesato Itoi recently (abeit breifly) about the MOTHER series being localised/re-released, but he was very coy about it all and there isn't any confirmation that the series will be localised/re-released in the west, so take this only as rumour for now, but I'd like to see Earthbound as a 3D classic or a SNES 3DS VC title, possibly even the original Mother (otherwise known here as Earthbound Zero).

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

178. Posted:

I hope when Nintendo do accounts in the Wii U and 3DS we can play our VC games in 3DS too (remember we can transfer all our wii games and saves to the Wii U and then link them in a single account with the 3DS).

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

179. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

mega wrote:

But were not talking about 2 are we? were talking about fusion and Super. Super is better. Check almost ANY review. Super will have a higher rating thenfusion. @TheDreamingHawk

Reviews are never fully valid. It's a little thing called Opinion.

Also thats no way to compare the two. Super was the first really good metroid game, and it was very good for its time. Not really valid proof that Fusion is worse. It's like saying Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda just because it was amazing for its time. Many Zelda games made after it were better. The only way you'd be able to tell is if you gave them both now to someone who hadnt played them. I only just played Fusion (because of the GBA Ambassador titles). I enjoyed it a lot, and I'm interested to try out Super just to see how much better it actually is.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

KAHN

180. Posted:

i bought a SNES just so i could play SNES games! i hope it wasn't for nothing! ):

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12