3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Showing 241 to 260 of 342

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

241. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Cipher wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Well, that's disappointing.

Well, you're still getting ten free NES games. :P

Well, I was expecting to be showered in free stuff come September 1st. :P

So did i. I'm so dissapointed...

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

242. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Cipher wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Well, that's disappointing.

Well, you're still getting ten free NES games. :P

Well, I was expecting to be showered in free stuff come September 1st. :P

So did i. I'm so dissapointed...

Eh, I could go either way on this. On one hand, 10 games all at once sounds awesome, but having those games spread out over maybe a month or two would give me more time to play and digest them as opposed to trying to play all 10 at the same time along with the games I'm already playing. Also, releasing them slowly would encourage people who might not return to the eShop on a frequent basis and prevent them from growing bored with their 3DS faster. So, that's what I think. And who knows, if they decide to release the NES games on a 2 per week basis, who knows, maybe the GBA games will come out in the same pattern immediately after games 9 & 10.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocketship

243. Posted:

Yeah I agree for spacing them out, releasing them all at once may cause some people to forget they even downloaded some of them and they wouldn't get any play time. I'd rather have a GBA and a NES title evey week, but thats just wishful thinking and not reality.

"People were throwing shoes at us in SF and LA. I don't know why. It's like 'You guys are great. Here's my shoe.' People must have been walking around with one shoe." James Hetfield

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dynetheous

244. Posted:

well if they space out the games then ill beat them before the next one comes out, then ill never go back to the game. if they have all them out at once, ill be so exited that i wont know what game to play first and ill play one game for a hour and ill play another game for an hour and it will last much longer that way, imo

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

245. Posted:

I agree 20 free games is way too much to handle....It's too overwhelming and I already have too many games to play.lol Honestly though i could seriously care less about this...Nintendo should instead give us a zany amount of free Gameboy downloads. :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tare

246. Posted:

I don't care if they spread them out, but if there is a time limit like with excite bike, I'll be very upset. If they don't release them all at once, we should have as much time as we want to download them.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

247. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Oh no...I was expecting all 10 NES games this thursday, but reading it more carefully reveals that they're probably going to be dragging it out. 1 game a week..

Do you have proof of this? From what I understand, they are releasing them all at once, on Sept. 1st. Isn't that what has been reported?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

248. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Oh no...I was expecting all 10 NES games this thursday, but reading it more carefully reveals that they're probably going to be dragging it out. 1 game a week..

Do you have proof of this? From what I understand, they are releasing them all at once, on Sept. 1st. Isn't that what has been reported?

Read some of the previous posts. :'(

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

249. Posted:

We could get the first 5 on september 1, and then the rest will be released later on down the road (don't know how much later, they just said we'd have everything by the end of the year - gba games included).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

250. Posted:

What if it's 10 Nes games and 10 GBA games over the next 20 weeks?
That's one free game every thursday for the next five months.
So basically you wouldn't have all your games until about February of next year.
Yikes that would suck!

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Platypus

251. Posted:

If we got them all at once it would be the first time that Nintendo released 10 VC games at once.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheetahman91

252. Posted:

If we're getting all the games this year, then one thing Nintendo could do is release all 5 announced NES games this week and then the 5 announced GBA games the next week (or vice versa) and then do one game a week for all the unannounced games. We'd then have all the games by the middle of November.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

253. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Oh no...I was expecting all 10 NES games this thursday, but reading it more carefully reveals that they're probably going to be dragging it out. 1 game a week..

Do you have proof of this? From what I understand, they are releasing them all at once, on Sept. 1st. Isn't that what has been reported?

Read some of the previous posts. :'(

I did read the previous posts. Didn't see anything concrete thats why I'm asking...

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

254. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

What if it's 10 Nes games and 10 GBA games over the next 20 weeks?
That's one free game every thursday for the next five months.
So basically you wouldn't have all your games until about February of next year.
Yikes that would suck!

Are u sure u guys just aren't overreacting? I thought I read from Nintendo that we are getting at least 10 if not 20 games on Sept 1st. ?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

255. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Link79 wrote:

What if it's 10 Nes games and 10 GBA games over the next 20 weeks?
That's one free game every thursday for the next five months.
So basically you wouldn't have all your games until about February of next year.
Yikes that would suck!

Are u sure u guys just aren't overreacting? I thought I read from Nintendo that we are getting at least 10 if not 20 games on Sept 1st. ?

Well I think it's safe to say that we won't be getting the ten GBA games on Thursday but I was assuming that we're getting all the NES games... That's what it seemed like they meant at least.
If we're only getting one per week or something they should have made it a bit more clear because I'm sure having a lot of angry customers isn't really what they're after.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

256. Posted:

From Nintendo's website.... "Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download ten NES Virtual Console games. Then, before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with ten exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

So, according to this, we ARE getting 10 games on Sept 1st. The rest will come before the end of the year ;) I'm good with that ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

257. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

From Nintendo's website.... "Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download ten NES Virtual Console games. Then, before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with ten exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

So, according to this, we ARE getting 10 games on Sept 1st. The rest will come before the end of the year ;) I'm good with that ;)

The thing is that "Starting Sept. 1" doesn't make it clear that we can get all the games on that date.
And on the Australian site it says "Delivery scheduled to begin on September 1st" which sounds even less promising, especially when you consider we only know five of the games that will be released.
Fingers crossed that it's what I initially expected and we'll have 10 NES games to download.
They really should have made it more clear one way or another.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

258. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

From Nintendo's website.... "Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download ten NES Virtual Console games. Then, before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with ten exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

So, according to this, we ARE getting 10 games on Sept 1st. The rest will come before the end of the year ;) I'm good with that ;)

The thing is that "Starting Sept. 1" doesn't make it clear that we can get all the games on that date.
And on the Australian site it says "Delivery scheduled to begin on September 1st" which sounds even less promising, especially when you consider we only know five of the games that will be released.
Fingers crossed that it's what I initially expected and we'll have 10 NES games to download.
They really should have made it more clear one way or another.

I think that may be reading a little too literally into it. I'm assuming we are going to be getting 10 free NES virtual games on Sept 1st, and the other 10 GBA games before the end of the year. Well, at least by the next few days we'll know for sure. I do understand your hesitation, though. Nintendo has done that before, haven't they?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

259. Posted:

@grumblegrumble Yeah, only a few more days until we find out... And even if we don't get them all, at least Xenoblade Chronicles comes out in Australia on the same day so that should keep me pretty occupied for a while. =P
I always expected that we'd be getting all the NES games on September 1st, but it's just that I haven't read anywhere on any of Nintendo's websites that we are definitely getting them all on the 1st of September.
This must either be because either they're not planning on releasing all ten on that day and just used sneaky ways of writing their information that made it seem that way, hence making people more likely to buy the 3DS before the price drop so they can have ten free games on that date or (hopefully) they were just being careful just in case all ten games aren't ready by that date, so they technically wouldn't be making any promises.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see but I'm still expecting my ten free games on Thursday (probably early Friday in Australia because of time differences). =P

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

260. Posted:

I just want Minish Cap. I don't care what the rest will be.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture