Forums

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Posts 241 to 260 of 331

SpentAllMyTokens

We could get the first 5 on september 1, and then the rest will be released later on down the road (don't know how much later, they just said we'd have everything by the end of the year - gba games included).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Link79

What if it's 10 Nes games and 10 GBA games over the next 20 weeks?
That's one free game every thursday for the next five months.
So basically you wouldn't have all your games until about February of next year.
Yikes that would suck!

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Platypus

If we got them all at once it would be the first time that Nintendo released 10 VC games at once.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

cheetahman91

If we're getting all the games this year, then one thing Nintendo could do is release all 5 announced NES games this week and then the 5 announced GBA games the next week (or vice versa) and then do one game a week for all the unannounced games. We'd then have all the games by the middle of November.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

grumblegrumble

TeeJay wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Oh no...I was expecting all 10 NES games this thursday, but reading it more carefully reveals that they're probably going to be dragging it out. 1 game a week..

Do you have proof of this? From what I understand, they are releasing them all at once, on Sept. 1st. Isn't that what has been reported?

Read some of the previous posts.

I did read the previous posts. Didn't see anything concrete thats why I'm asking...

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

Link79 wrote:

So basically you wouldn't have all your games until about February of next year.
Yikes that would suck!

Are u sure u guys just aren't overreacting? I thought I read from Nintendo that we are getting at least 10 if not 20 games on Sept 1st. ?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

BenAV

grumblegrumble wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Yikes that would suck!

Are u sure u guys just aren't overreacting? I thought I read from Nintendo that we are getting at least 10 if not 20 games on Sept 1st. ?

Well I think it's safe to say that we won't be getting the ten GBA games on Thursday but I was assuming that we're getting all the NES games... That's what it seemed like they meant at least.
If we're only getting one per week or something they should have made it a bit more clear because I'm sure having a lot of angry customers isn't really what they're after.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

grumblegrumble

From Nintendo's website.... "Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download ten NES Virtual Console games. Then, before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with ten exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

So, according to this, we ARE getting 10 games on Sept 1st. The rest will come before the end of the year I'm good with that

BenAV

grumblegrumble wrote:

From Nintendo's website.... "Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download ten NES Virtual Console games. Then, before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with ten exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

So, according to this, we ARE getting 10 games on Sept 1st. The rest will come before the end of the year I'm good with that

The thing is that "Starting Sept. 1" doesn't make it clear that we can get all the games on that date.
And on the Australian site it says "Delivery scheduled to begin on September 1st" which sounds even less promising, especially when you consider we only know five of the games that will be released.
Fingers crossed that it's what I initially expected and we'll have 10 NES games to download.
They really should have made it more clear one way or another.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

grumblegrumble

BenAV wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

The thing is that "Starting Sept. 1" doesn't make it clear that we can get all the games on that date.
And on the Australian site it says "Delivery scheduled to begin on September 1st" which sounds even less promising, especially when you consider we only know five of the games that will be released.
Fingers crossed that it's what I initially expected and we'll have 10 NES games to download.
They really should have made it more clear one way or another.

I think that may be reading a little too literally into it. I'm assuming we are going to be getting 10 free NES virtual games on Sept 1st, and the other 10 GBA games before the end of the year. Well, at least by the next few days we'll know for sure. I do understand your hesitation, though. Nintendo has done that before, haven't they?

BenAV

@grumblegrumble Yeah, only a few more days until we find out... And even if we don't get them all, at least Xenoblade Chronicles comes out in Australia on the same day so that should keep me pretty occupied for a while. =P
I always expected that we'd be getting all the NES games on September 1st, but it's just that I haven't read anywhere on any of Nintendo's websites that we are definitely getting them all on the 1st of September.
This must either be because either they're not planning on releasing all ten on that day and just used sneaky ways of writing their information that made it seem that way, hence making people more likely to buy the 3DS before the price drop so they can have ten free games on that date or (hopefully) they were just being careful just in case all ten games aren't ready by that date, so they technically wouldn't be making any promises.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see but I'm still expecting my ten free games on Thursday (probably early Friday in Australia because of time differences). =P

BenAV

BenAV

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

I just want Minish Cap. I don't care what the rest will be.

Fair point. =P
Don't think we'll have any GBA games any time too soon though...

BenAV

iphys

I hope we get all 10 NES games on September 1st, or it's going to be pretty unimpressive if we only get 1 game per week and half of them we aren't even interested in. I think if they weren't going to be released all at once, they would have said how they were going to be distributed by now, but I was also expecting to hear what all the NES games were by now too.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Sockymon

With the planned down time on the eShop, I wonder if we'll see the shop itself get a facelift to coincide with the roll out of Ambassador games.

Sockymon

Twitter:

19Robb92

I do hope we get all 10 of the NES game right away. But seeing as we only know about five thus far, I can see them only releasing those five at first and then wait a little to release the other five.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Arthedain

@19Robb92 You got a point there. One might think they'd announce all ten by now seeing that they will be released on thursday. I'm still hoping we get all ten, though.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" - Albert Einstein

grumblegrumble

WaltzElf wrote:

Wow. People complaining over 20 free games. Because they don't get them right now.

If anyone has a right to complain, us 3DS early adopters surely do We, who shelled out an extra $100 in some cases for a system that has gone down drastically in price. Sure, they are giving us free games, but if they didn't, some of us probably wouldn't still be here.

grumblegrumble

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

I just want Minish Cap. I don't care what the rest will be.

I agree 10,000 percent!!!!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.