3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Showing 201 to 220 of 342

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

201. Posted:

We've got just over a week to get the free Nes games. You'd think they would have announced the full list by now.
Too bad I likely already own every one of them.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

202. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

We've got just over a week to get the free Nes games. You'd think they would have announced the full list by now.
Too bad I likely already own every one of them.

Isn't it still nice to have them as portables...for free?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

203. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Link79 wrote:

We've got just over a week to get the free Nes games. You'd think they would have announced the full list by now.
Too bad I likely already own every one of them.

Isn't it still nice to have them as portables...for free?

This. Also, not everyone has played all, some, or even any of the NES games, so while this may not mean much for you, for many of us they're a welcome treat. Also, why have a game tethered to a home console when you can have the same experience on a portable for free?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

204. Posted:

SuperOtaku wrote:

Bass_X0 wrote:

Why would they not put the first Donkey Kong game in the line-up?

1st as in the NES one? or you mean Mario VS DK for GBA, because if you mean the NES one, WHY? we have DK 94 on VC and that is 10000000X better

Agreed! DK 94 (Donkey Kong on VC / Gameboy) is MUCH BETTER than the original, and it also contains all the levels in the Arcade version of Donkey Kong, but It has soooo many more levels. Sure, it's not in color (sadly) but it is a 10/10 gem!! :D I'm hoping we get ZELDA - MINISH CAP as one of the GBA games!! I love that game! it's amazing!!

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

205. Posted:

I love Nintendo!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

206. Posted:

Well the original Zelda would definitely be nice as a portable.
Especially with those restore points the 3DS VC uses. I always hated dying and being sent back to the start with only three measly hearts. I'm sure I'll take them all as long as the games are free. Didn't really mean to sound like I was complaining.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BigBluePanda

207. Posted:

Just got the new NGamer (UK Magazine) today and in their news section, they have seven confirmed GBA titles listed, which includes Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Bearing in mind, I don't know if they went to press when these two games were just speculation, so not sure if this a 100% source.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Currently playing:
Mario Open Tennis

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

208. Posted:

I hope the Minish Cap is one of the GBA games. If 3rd party games are included I wouldn't mind them giving up one of the 3 GBA Castlevania games. Even Circle of the Moon which has aged horribly.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Matillion

209. Posted:

Superstar Saga or I will commit suicide and haunt Iwata's pantsies.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhiteSpyderZero

210. Posted:

They had me at WarioWare. Anything else is a bonus.

Staff Writer, www.GodisaGeek.com
http://www.twitter.com/whitespyderzero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dizzard

211. Posted:

I thought there was supposed to be a date (which has now passed) that there were going to reveal the remaining games? Or was that just a rumour?

Dizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

212. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

Well the original Zelda would definitely be nice as a portable.
Especially with those restore points the 3DS VC uses. I always hated dying and being sent back to the start with only three measly hearts. I'm sure I'll take them all as long as the games are free. Didn't really mean to sound like I was complaining.

I disagree, when dieing and then being sent back to the start and with 3 hearts is a nice way to be punished for dieing. Unlike Link's Awakening Child Like difficulty where you start right where you died from in the Overworld, or if you die in the dungeon you just start back at Dungeon's first entrance room.....Nintendo should of given you a limited amount of lives, and if you lost those while in a dungeon than everything that you've acomplished should of been history and you start from scrap again in that dungeon....

That game has practically zero consequences and you're never really on your toes.....Then again, losing against a boss in a giant room filled dungeon and then having to start back at the Dungeon's entrance and trudge along those amount of rooms and so on to get back to the boss is considered a semi-decent punishment i guess. :p

But ya, the Challenge comes in figuring out what to do and where to go. But your punishment for dieing is like a tiny slap on the hand, whoopie! it's the only negative i could i find with that game. Zelda II and LOZ were much more difficult.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tare

213. Posted:

Yeah but there is a fine line between challenging and addicting, and hard and pain in the a-.
Super contra, was challenging, but pretty addicting. LoZ 2 was just annoying when it came to deaths.

Back then, most of the games relied on an unfair difficulty so it would last longer. Having to traverse across the map because you died while it might be...just or whatever, it's quite frustrating. It just made the game longer the necessary. Standards were a little lower back then and people put up with it because there wasn't much else to play.

Also, it is still possible to have a game that keeps you on your toes, and has fair deaths.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

214. Posted:

Tare wrote:

Yeah but there is a fine line between challenging and addicting, and hard and pain in the a-.
Super contra, was challenging, but pretty addicting. LoZ 2 was just annoying when it came to deaths.

Back then, most of the games relied on an unfair difficulty so it would last longer. Having to traverse across the map because you died while it might be...just or whatever, it's quite frustrating. It just made the game longer the necessary. Standards were a little lower back then and people put up with it because there wasn't much else to play.

Also, it is still possible to have a game that keeps you on your toes, and has fair deaths.

But you see, why should Link even have life/hearts if he dies on the map and starts exactly right where he left off? This is a stupid gameplay element that annoyed me in Link's Awakening DX...Because of this, i found myself just rushing and plowing through the enemies.....I mean why not? If I die I'll just start right back in the same area again. I'd rather actually be on my toes, blocking and dodging enemies attacks while consuming every precious little heart I can get because I may actually need it, while feeling like a freaking hard working skilled warrior. During the beginning of LA felt greatest, because you have far less hearts and you don't have all of those weapons to back you up. During the end of the game you'll find yourself carelessly running through enemies not caring whatsoever.

LOZ and Zelda II had that awesome freaky intense challenge. I don't think the difficulty was unfair by any means, that's just how a lot of NES games were back in those days. Besides, Ninja Gaiden III rips the roof off of LOZ and Zelda II's diffiuclty if you wan't one example. I love my games rock hard, makes the experience more rewarding, intense, satisfying and fun imo.

Zelda LA would of been a 10 in my eyes had their actually been any real consequences. Plus, going to that color dungeon IF you do which i wouldnt' advise during your main game makes the game 2x as easier...Weather you get the defense or the offense upgrade. :p

Anyways, I can't imagine how much better LA would of been if NIntendo gave you a few limited Lives per dungeon, and if you lost them all, you lost your dungeon progress. PLUS, if you die on the MAP/Oveworld you should start back from the beginning area in the town area. THOSE 2 additions would of been awesome and sealed this puppy as a 10 in my books. B-)

Would of made for a much more carefull, skillbased intense and rewarding adventure.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

215. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Tare wrote:

Yeah but there is a fine line between challenging and addicting, and hard and pain in the a-.
Super contra, was challenging, but pretty addicting. LoZ 2 was just annoying when it came to deaths.

Back then, most of the games relied on an unfair difficulty so it would last longer. Having to traverse across the map because you died while it might be...just or whatever, it's quite frustrating. It just made the game longer the necessary. Standards were a little lower back then and people put up with it because there wasn't much else to play.

Also, it is still possible to have a game that keeps you on your toes, and has fair deaths.

But you see, why should Link even have life/hearts if he dies on the map and starts exactly right where he left off? This is a stupid gameplay element that annoyed me in Link's Awakening DX...Because of this, i found myself just rushing and plowing through the enemies.....I mean why not? If I die I'll just start right back in the same area again. I'd rather actually be on my toes, blocking and dodging enemies attacks while consuming every precious little heart I can get because I may actually need it, while feeling like a freaking hard working skilled warrior. During the beginning of LA felt greatest, because you have far less hearts and you don't have all of those weapons to back you up. During the end of the game you'll find yourself carelessly running through enemies not caring whatsoever.

LOZ and Zelda II had that awesome freaky intense challenge. I don't think the difficulty was unfair by any means, that's just how a lot of NES games were back in those days. Besides, Ninja Gaiden III rips the roof off of LOZ and Zelda II's diffiuclty if you wan't one example. I love my games rock hard, makes the experience more rewarding, intense, satisfying and fun imo.

Zelda LA would of been a 10 in my eyes had their actually been any real consequences. Plus, going to that color dungeon IF you do which i wouldnt' advise during your main game makes the game 2x as easier...Weather you get the defense or the offense upgrade. :p

Anyways, I can't imagine how much better LA would of been if NIntendo gave you a few limited Lives per dungeon, and if you lost them all, you lost your dungeon progress. PLUS, if you die on the MAP/Oveworld you should start back from the beginning area in the town area. THOSE 2 additions would of been awesome and sealed this puppy as a 10 in my books. B-)

Would of made for a much more carefull, skillbased intense and rewarding adventure.

I totally agree, @WaveBoy ... Zelda 2 was a very difficult game when it came down to it, the dungeons were so difficult and intricate, the bosses very challenging as well as the gameplay and the mysteries, and the consequences for dying was... you wound up back by Zelda's side as she slept at the very beginning. Of course, your progress wasn't lost, but you wound up way back at Hyrule Castle. Anyways, I hope Zelda 2 makes an appearance as one of our free games, it's a wonderful game and I remember beating the last enemy very well (I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't played it.) Wonderful game! And yes I agree, games these days just don't have that "do or die" mentality and almost no consequences for losing, which is sad.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

216. Posted:

It seems that way for a lot PS3/360 games, where these games constantly hold you by the hand with the over abundance of tutorials, and with their endless supply of savepoints and the like. But yup! The last toughest game I've played was probably Adventure Island for the NES on the Wii's VC....Holy hell was that was insanely challenging....oh..my...god. :o lol I eventually beat it, thank god for my insane amount patience and my Sticky fingered intense wizard gaming skills.lol Can I get a Ghost 'n Goblins what? :p

Anyways, Zelda LA DX is almost a masterpiece but because of these things i pointed out it just kind of degraded the experience. The beginning and middle were a 10/10 for me, the final act....well, it was still great but i felt too overpowered, care free and not giving a damn half the time 'what' enemy hit me. :p

I need to get on Zelda ALTTP, after I play Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Metroid next month. :D

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

217. Posted:

@ Waveboy
Any game that makes you lose every bit of progress as punishment for dying is just going too far.
I'm all for challenging gameplay but when everything I've done is totally wiped out I lose all interest in playing.
I would like to continue the game. Not spend hours on one dungeon just because I made a mistake.
That's not a fair challenge. That's an excercise in frustration and no game should piss you off to the point of losing interest.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Usagi-san

218. Posted:

You'd love Shiren the wanderer then! Although you don't lose "everything".
I hope zelda 2 is one of these. Maybe I'll actually get around to finishing the game.

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage
Avatar

belmont

219. Posted:

For GBA, even though it is not going to happen, I would prefer some 3rd party games. I never liked superstar saga, minish cap or these wario games but I loved the castlevania, golden sun and final fantasy games. Some sega games like phantasy star collection or sonic advance would be great too.

belmont

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

220. Posted:

@Link79

Ya but if you had a few or so lives than that would be fine, i'm not talking about just having 1 life per dungeon....That would be PURE torture, especially during the later dungeons.lol What if you accidently slipped down a hole...And that's another thing. I'm sure many of us have fallen several times with the Boots + Feather super jump mechanic while trying to make a certain jump. At least we should get a hard mode that alows us to have a limited amount of lives per dungeon and the like....

But i know what you're saying. IF i made it to the end of a dungeon, but i spent the next 6 lives trying to jump over a huge gap while losing all of my lives causing me to lose all of that Dungeon progress i'd be ripping my hair out! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!