Forums

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Posts 201 to 220 of 331

grumblegrumble

SuperOtaku wrote:

Bass_X0 wrote:

Why would they not put the first Donkey Kong game in the line-up?

1st as in the NES one? or you mean Mario VS DK for GBA, because if you mean the NES one, WHY? we have DK 94 on VC and that is 10000000X better

Agreed! DK 94 (Donkey Kong on VC / Gameboy) is MUCH BETTER than the original, and it also contains all the levels in the Arcade version of Donkey Kong, but It has soooo many more levels. Sure, it's not in color (sadly) but it is a 10/10 gem!! I'm hoping we get ZELDA - MINISH CAP as one of the GBA games!! I love that game! it's amazing!!

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Link79

Well the original Zelda would definitely be nice as a portable.
Especially with those restore points the 3DS VC uses. I always hated dying and being sent back to the start with only three measly hearts. I'm sure I'll take them all as long as the games are free. Didn't really mean to sound like I was complaining.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

BigBluePanda

Just got the new NGamer (UK Magazine) today and in their news section, they have seven confirmed GBA titles listed, which includes Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Bearing in mind, I don't know if they went to press when these two games were just speculation, so not sure if this a 100% source.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

kevohki

I hope the Minish Cap is one of the GBA games. If 3rd party games are included I wouldn't mind them giving up one of the 3 GBA Castlevania games. Even Circle of the Moon which has aged horribly.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Matillion

Superstar Saga or I will commit suicide and haunt Iwata's pantsies.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

PugHoofGaming

They had me at WarioWare. Anything else is a bonus.

Founder & Video Producer, Pug Hoof Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/PugHoofGaming

Nintendo Network ID: WhiteSpyderZero | Twitter:

Dizzard

I thought there was supposed to be a date (which has now passed) that there were going to reveal the remaining games? Or was that just a rumour?

Dizzard

Tare

Yeah but there is a fine line between challenging and addicting, and hard and pain in the a-.
Super contra, was challenging, but pretty addicting. LoZ 2 was just annoying when it came to deaths.

Back then, most of the games relied on an unfair difficulty so it would last longer. Having to traverse across the map because you died while it might be...just or whatever, it's quite frustrating. It just made the game longer the necessary. Standards were a little lower back then and people put up with it because there wasn't much else to play.

Also, it is still possible to have a game that keeps you on your toes, and has fair deaths.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

grumblegrumble

WaveBoy wrote:

Tare wrote:

Yeah but there is a fine line between challenging and addicting, and hard and pain in the a-.
Super contra, was challenging, but pretty addicting. LoZ 2 was just annoying when it came to deaths.

Back then, most of the games relied on an unfair difficulty so it would last longer. Having to traverse across the map because you died while it might be...just or whatever, it's quite frustrating. It just made the game longer the necessary. Standards were a little lower back then and people put up with it because there wasn't much else to play.

Also, it is still possible to have a game that keeps you on your toes, and has fair deaths.

But you see, why should Link even have life/hearts if he dies on the map and starts exactly right where he left off? This is a stupid gameplay element that annoyed me in Link's Awakening DX...Because of this, i found myself just rushing and plowing through the enemies.....I mean why not? If I die I'll just start right back in the same area again. I'd rather actually be on my toes, blocking and dodging enemies attacks while consuming every precious little heart I can get because I may actually need it, while feeling like a freaking hard working skilled warrior. During the beginning of LA felt greatest, because you have far less hearts and you don't have all of those weapons to back you up. During the end of the game you'll find yourself carelessly running through enemies not caring whatsoever.

LOZ and Zelda II had that awesome freaky intense challenge. I don't think the difficulty was unfair by any means, that's just how a lot of NES games were back in those days. Besides, Ninja Gaiden III rips the roof off of LOZ and Zelda II's diffiuclty if you wan't one example. I love my games rock hard, makes the experience more rewarding, intense, satisfying and fun imo.

Zelda LA would of been a 10 in my eyes had their actually been any real consequences. Plus, going to that color dungeon IF you do which i wouldnt' advise during your main game makes the game 2x as easier...Weather you get the defense or the offense upgrade.

Anyways, I can't imagine how much better LA would of been if NIntendo gave you a few limited Lives per dungeon, and if you lost them all, you lost your dungeon progress. PLUS, if you die on the MAP/Oveworld you should start back from the beginning area in the town area. THOSE 2 additions would of been awesome and sealed this puppy as a 10 in my books.

Would of made for a much more carefull, skillbased intense and rewarding adventure.

I totally agree, @WaveBoy ... Zelda 2 was a very difficult game when it came down to it, the dungeons were so difficult and intricate, the bosses very challenging as well as the gameplay and the mysteries, and the consequences for dying was... you wound up back by Zelda's side as she slept at the very beginning. Of course, your progress wasn't lost, but you wound up way back at Hyrule Castle. Anyways, I hope Zelda 2 makes an appearance as one of our free games, it's a wonderful game and I remember beating the last enemy very well (I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't played it.) Wonderful game! And yes I agree, games these days just don't have that "do or die" mentality and almost no consequences for losing, which is sad.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Link79

@ Waveboy
Any game that makes you lose every bit of progress as punishment for dying is just going too far.
I'm all for challenging gameplay but when everything I've done is totally wiped out I lose all interest in playing.
I would like to continue the game. Not spend hours on one dungeon just because I made a mistake.
That's not a fair challenge. That's an excercise in frustration and no game should piss you off to the point of losing interest.

Edited on by Link79

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Usagi-san

You'd love Shiren the wanderer then! Although you don't lose "everything".
I hope zelda 2 is one of these. Maybe I'll actually get around to finishing the game.

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

belmont

For GBA, even though it is not going to happen, I would prefer some 3rd party games. I never liked superstar saga, minish cap or these wario games but I loved the castlevania, golden sun and final fantasy games. Some sega games like phantasy star collection or sonic advance would be great too.

belmont

Link79

@ Waveboy
This kinda thing with old shooter games annoyed me to no end. Especially when they only give you 3 lives and barely any continues. After so many screw ups and start overs I'd throw the controller across the room and say the hell with it.
I like it better when the game doesn't end until you decide you've had enough. Running out of lives and being sent back to the start is too cruel. I think every game should have the ability to save your progress.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Mario_34

Here is my hopes for the last ten games
NES
Punchout
Kid Icarus
Wrecking Crew
Startropics
Kirbys Adventure

Game Boy Advanced
Advanced wars
The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Rhythm Tengoku (I know this is unlikly but I can still hope)

Mario_34

Matillion

I didn't know there was a GBA Rythm game.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Birdman

Matillion wrote:

I didn't know there was a GBA Rythm game.

Yeah, it was a Japan-exclusive release back in 2006. Our Rhythm Heaven is actually the 2nd game in the series; I think Japan's name for it is Rhythm Tengoku Gold or something like that.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Bass_X0

Link79 wrote:

We've got just over a week to get the free Nes games. You'd think they would have announced the full list by now.
Too bad I likely already own every one of them.

Europe's press release on Monday should announce what we are getting on Thursday.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

KarrotMan

So, the ten nes ambassador games are scheduled to release this Thursday yet Nintendo is being silent on half of them. I'm getting suspicious about this, you think they will hold back on this release? Will they release all ten games on the day itself or will they be released separately, one each week?
But, the games are free so I'm still looking forward to it.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

3DS

I STILL don't know if i am a FREAKING Nintendo Ambassador HINT HINT Nintendo of Europe!!!

Edited on by 3DS

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.