Forums

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Posts 141 to 160 of 331

Meta-Rift

Birdman13 wrote:

@rift - Well, then they'd need to code the emulator, no?

True, but they should be able to do that pretty quickly, especially since they already have similar emulators on the Wii Shop Channel/eShop.

@Squiggle55: It's really, really complicated. Licensing issues is definitely a major part of it.

Meta-Rift

Birdman

@Rift - Actually, I just remembered something. I was reading an interview in NP with Yuki Naka (Sonic, Ivy the Kiwi?), and he mentioned something about finding a bug in a game Sega was porting for the Wii's VC, so there probably is something more than an emulator running VC games on the Wii (and presumably the 3DS). Also, for the NES games with multiplayer, they're releasing the multiplayer update at a later date, so if they were just straight up using an emulator, why couldn't they code the emulator to run NES/GBA/whatever multiplayer into it when they were first porting the games?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

pntjr

Oddy wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

No, that's Kirby's Dreamland, and it FAILS.

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you or you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Haven't you noticed that you can't swallow things? I wasted my 3.99

Edited on by pntjr

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

LzWinky

pntjr wrote:

Oddy wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

No, that's Kirby's Dreamland, and it FAILS.

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you or you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Haven't you noticed that you can't swallow things? I wasted my 3.99

What? You can swallow things. Just press down

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Kirby's Dreamland didn't have the now-signature copy ability, no. You can't blame the game for that just because it came out before that time, right?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

pntjr

TeeJay wrote:

Kirby's Dreamland didn't have the now-signature copy ability, no. You can't blame the game for that just because it came out before that time, right?

Okay, sorry. But I just don't enjoy it as much as Kirby's Adventure, or his DS titles.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Itsa

GALAGA. Nuff said

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

Tare

I'm really looking forward to super circuit.

I was little, and an idiot back when I first got it. I thought it would be exaclty like mario kart on the N64.
I had no concept of hardware back then.

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Super Mario Bros- already have GBA
Legend of Zelda- already have GBA
Balloon Fight- never heard of it
Ice Climber- no interest

Yoshi's Island- will get, since it has more charm than the DS version
Metroid Fusion- will get, as I am still curious about the series
Mario Kart- will get, as it will be like having SMK instead of MKW
MvDK- I already have a DSi version
Wario Ware- waiting for Wario Land II

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Ploppins

StarFox wrote:

Super Mario Bros- already have GBA
Legend of Zelda- already have GBA
Balloon Fight- never heard of it
Ice Climber- no interest

Yoshi's Island- will get, since it has more charm than the DS version
Metroid Fusion- will get, as I am still curious about the series
Mario Kart- will get, as it will be like having SMK instead of MKW
MvDK- I already have a DSi version
Wario Ware- waiting for Wario Land II

Then just don't download the ones you already own lol I own a few of the GBA games too, but I'm not gonna lug my DS Lite around just to play them. I can't wait to download them all to play on my 3DS. It'll be as easy as tapping their icons on the main menu. It's convenient and easy. Much easier than carrying two systems and a game case for each just to play a game that could be saved onto my 3DS.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Good point. I'd be like after I got my Game Boy Color. I still had a working Game Gear at the time.

Maybe I'll sell off my DS.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

bro2dragons

@StarFox: I also don't understand why you wouldn't download Mario Vs. Donkey Kong or WarioWare. MvDK is in the same series, but a different game than any subsequent DS ones... if you like the premise, why not get another one?

And WarioWare is NOTHING like Wario Land. Why would waiting on a different game stop you, anyway. They're not exclusive. And they're all FREE!

I just personally see no reason why someone who had the memory space on their SD card to get them all wouldn't do so. Even if you wouldn't play one much, maybe you have a friend who would like to try it for the first time. Besides, you can't beat the price of FREE.

Oh, and did I mention:

They're free?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Late

@bro2dragons: You just read my thoughts!

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

noblo601

Besides, the GBA Mario vs Donkey Kong is like a souped up version of Donkey Kong on gameboy, and therefore nothing like the DS versions (which totally rock anyway!!)

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

19Robb92

bro2dragons wrote:

I just personally see no reason why someone who had the memory space on their SD card to get them all wouldn't do so.

I'm totally with you on that. I just don't et how you could pass up downloading them when you have the space... I have some friends who got 2 free Playstations games from PSN after the hacking attack and one of the only downloaded one and the other none. I just don't get it.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

LzWinky

Oddy wrote:

@pntjr Because copy-abilities are the only good thing about Kirby.

I wonder if we can send the GBA games to people who get 3DSes after August 12th through the upcoming transfer system.

Doubtful if you want to keep them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dynetheous

@Oddy i tried transferring games from my 3ds to my brothers and it didn't work. i was scared when we did it because i thought it was formatting my sd card! i would be so pissed if it did that. but it didn't and i dont feel like risking it again

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

mumoftwokids

it`s because it is not possible yet. if you look on the nintendo website under support, it says that once a future update becomes available then you will be able to transfer between 3DS

mumoftwokids

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.