3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Showing 141 to 160 of 342

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

141. Posted:

@rift - Well, then they'd need to code the emulator, no?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

142. Posted:

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot, but why is releasing Earthbound Zero for NES on Virtual Console completely impossible? Is it the same licensing issues that people say Earthbound for SNES has? If they already have the prototype translated into English, I think putting it in the ambassador program for people that are clearly big fans would be a great idea. Heck just put it on VC to buy and I'd pay 20 or 30 bucks.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

143. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

@rift - Well, then they'd need to code the emulator, no?

True, but they should be able to do that pretty quickly, especially since they already have similar emulators on the Wii Shop Channel/eShop.

@Squiggle55: It's really, really complicated. Licensing issues is definitely a major part of it.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

144. Posted:

@Rift - Actually, I just remembered something. I was reading an interview in NP with Yuki Naka (Sonic, Ivy the Kiwi?), and he mentioned something about finding a bug in a game Sega was porting for the Wii's VC, so there probably is something more than an emulator running VC games on the Wii (and presumably the 3DS). Also, for the NES games with multiplayer, they're releasing the multiplayer update at a later date, so if they were just straight up using an emulator, why couldn't they code the emulator to run NES/GBA/whatever multiplayer into it when they were first porting the games?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

145. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

No, that's Kirby's Dreamland, and it FAILS.

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you or you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Haven't you noticed that you can't swallow things? I wasted my 3.99

Edited on by pntjr

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

146. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Oddy wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

No, that's Kirby's Dreamland, and it FAILS.

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you or you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Haven't you noticed that you can't swallow things? I wasted my 3.99

What? You can swallow things. Just press down :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

147. Posted:

Kirby's Dreamland didn't have the now-signature copy ability, no. You can't blame the game for that just because it came out before that time, right?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

148. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Kirby's Dreamland didn't have the now-signature copy ability, no. You can't blame the game for that just because it came out before that time, right?

Okay, sorry. But I just don't enjoy it as much as Kirby's Adventure, or his DS titles.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Itsa

149. Posted:

GALAGA. Nuff said B-)

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tare

150. Posted:

I'm really looking forward to super circuit.

I was little, and an idiot back when I first got it. I thought it would be exaclty like mario kart on the N64.
...
I had no concept of hardware back then.

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

151. Posted:

Super Mario Bros- already have GBA
Legend of Zelda- already have GBA
Balloon Fight- never heard of it
Ice Climber- no interest

Yoshi's Island- will get, since it has more charm than the DS version
Metroid Fusion- will get, as I am still curious about the series
Mario Kart- will get, as it will be like having SMK instead of MKW
MvDK- I already have a DSi version
Wario Ware- waiting for Wario Land II

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sgt_Ludby

152. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

Super Mario Bros- already have GBA
Legend of Zelda- already have GBA
Balloon Fight- never heard of it
Ice Climber- no interest

Yoshi's Island- will get, since it has more charm than the DS version
Metroid Fusion- will get, as I am still curious about the series
Mario Kart- will get, as it will be like having SMK instead of MKW
MvDK- I already have a DSi version
Wario Ware- waiting for Wario Land II

Then just don't download the ones you already own lol I own a few of the GBA games too, but I'm not gonna lug my DS Lite around just to play them. I can't wait to download them all to play on my 3DS. It'll be as easy as tapping their icons on the main menu. It's convenient and easy. Much easier than carrying two systems and a game case for each just to play a game that could be saved onto my 3DS.

If we talk and have fun here on NL, feel free to add me!! (Just let me know so I can accept)
Nintendo Network ID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298
Formerly known as Pwdrmntainskier

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

153. Posted:

Good point. I'd be like after I got my Game Boy Color. I still had a working Game Gear at the time.

Maybe I'll sell off my DS.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bro2dragons

154. Posted:

@StarFox: I also don't understand why you wouldn't download Mario Vs. Donkey Kong or WarioWare. MvDK is in the same series, but a different game than any subsequent DS ones... if you like the premise, why not get another one?

And WarioWare is NOTHING like Wario Land. Why would waiting on a different game stop you, anyway. They're not exclusive. And they're all FREE!

I just personally see no reason why someone who had the memory space on their SD card to get them all wouldn't do so. Even if you wouldn't play one much, maybe you have a friend who would like to try it for the first time. Besides, you can't beat the price of FREE.

Oh, and did I mention:

They're free?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

155. Posted:

@bro2dragons: You just read my thoughts!

Edited on by Late

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

noblo601

156. Posted:

Besides, the GBA Mario vs Donkey Kong is like a souped up version of Donkey Kong on gameboy, and therefore nothing like the DS versions (which totally rock anyway!!)

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

157. Posted:

bro2dragons wrote:

I just personally see no reason why someone who had the memory space on their SD card to get them all wouldn't do so.

I'm totally with you on that. I just don't et how you could pass up downloading them when you have the space... I have some friends who got 2 free Playstations games from PSN after the hacking attack and one of the only downloaded one and the other none. I just don't get it.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

158. Posted:

@pntjr Because copy-abilities are the only good thing about Kirby.

I wonder if we can send the GBA games to people who get 3DSes after August 12th through the upcoming transfer system.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

159. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

@pntjr Because copy-abilities are the only good thing about Kirby.

I wonder if we can send the GBA games to people who get 3DSes after August 12th through the upcoming transfer system.

Doubtful if you want to keep them

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

160. Posted:

@Izbirdyboy IIRC, they can be transferred back and forth a limited number of times.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin